RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

People liked John Carter but it just flopped at the box office, it made money but not enough to bring back its massive budget that, IMO was over inflated, i mean it had stunning effects and set pieces but it wasnt like state of the art, nor did it have any megastar to take a huge chunk of it.
I liked the trailers they had but it was an event movie with no event!? I mean where were the toys!? the comics and books to get people back into the character, did they go to comic con and stuff?

I really do Love John Carter, it had alot of heart, and those are the kinds of movies i hold close, loved the music.

Finally rewatched the Avengers for the first time since seeing it in the theater: 9/10
solid, fun movie
made me want to get all of the HT figures:panic:

:hi5::hi5::hi5::hi5::hi5:

People liked John Carter but it just flopped at the box office, it made money but not enough to bring back its massive budget that, IMO was over inflated, i mean it had stunning effects and set pieces but it wasnt like state of the art, nor did it have any megastar to take a huge chunk of it.
I liked the trailers they had but it was an event movie with no event!? I mean where were the toys!? the comics and books to get people back into the character, did they go to comic con and stuff?

I really do Love John Carter, it had alot of heart, and those are the kinds of movies i hold close, loved the music.

yeah definitely a lot of heart. The movie reminded me of being young and watching movies in the movie theater with my parents. It kinda had some nostalgic factor for me, I don't know if it was the music or what but it made me remember being young and watching cool movies.

Looper had a lot of Great concepts and it started out really strong. but it completely lost me near the end... I kinda hated the end actually, and hated the kid too.

i feel the exact same way, LOVED the first hour, thought it had the potential to be one of my favs but in the end it lost me, and that kid was so annoying!!!

I thought I was alone in this, but I felt exactly the same. Looper was one of my most eagerly anticipated films of the year, so perhaps my expectations were too high. The beginning was excellent, with striking visuals and fascinating concepts being developed fast and effectively. I dearly love science fiction, and this appeared to be on track to join my favorites in the genre. I was loving it, until Joe gets to the farm and the momentum of the film stops dead in it's tracks. The woman and her ugly kid become the focus of the entire story, with old Joe all but vanishing from the rest of the film as a result. It just seemed to fall apart at the seams. I also hated the ending. It was incredibly unsatisfying and anticlimactic after such a strong opening. I haven't felt the need to return for a second viewing.

I thought I was alone in this, but I felt exactly the same. Looper was one of my most eagerly anticipated films of the year, so perhaps my expectations were too high. The beginning was excellent, with striking visuals and fascinating concepts being developed fast and effectively. I dearly love science fiction, and this appeared to be on track to join my favorites in the genre. I was loving it, until Joe gets to the farm and the momentum of the film stops dead in it's tracks. The woman and her ugly kid become the focus of the entire story, with old Joe all but vanishing from the rest of the film as a result. It just seemed to fall apart at the seams. I also hated the ending. It was incredibly unsatisfying and anticlimactic after such a strong opening. I haven't felt the need to return for a second viewing.

funny because thats exactly how it felt for me, i finished and I didn't feel like ever watching it again.

At first when it was in theaters and people here were really happy about it I felt guilty of missing it in theaters, but when I saw the DVD I was kinda glad I didn't pay to see it in the big screen. didn't have anything that was theater worthy for me either.

Die Hard with a Vengeance. 7.5/10

Almost a great movie. Just has a kinda shoddy ending. I prefer the original one. It's meaner. But it's not as dull. Oh well.

The Amazing Spider-man - 7/10

First time watching this and I really enjoyed it. I think I'd rate it about the same as the original but Spider-man 2 can't be topped for me.
Oh and...

Emma Stone >>>>>>>>>>> Kirsten Dunst

This Is 40. 7.5/10

Pretty good film. Shame Rogen & Heigl didn't make a cameo in it.

Alot of good to great movies bomb while turds make billions

Yeah definitely like Dredd for example being the good to great & Transformers being the turd. Transformers 3 was on Tv the other day, I tryed watching it again since taking my nephews to see it at the cinema but couldn't do it. At least the kids love it

The Amazing Spider-man - 7/10

First time watching this and I really enjoyed it. I think I'd rate it about the same as the original but Spider-man 2 can't be topped for me.
Oh and...

Emma Stone >>>>>>>>>>> Kirsten Dunst

:exactly:

Yeah definitely like Dredd for example being the good to great & Transformers being the turd. Transformers 3 was on Tv the other day, I tryed watching it again since taking my nephews to see it at the cinema but couldn't do it. At least the kids love it

They are for kids, but that shouldn't stop the filmakers from adding better substance for grown-ups

Die Hard 5: 5/10 - nothing new or original. Willis looking his age and not many laughs. the only laugh I got was the end when he flew "the bird" to da chopper

Taken 2 - 7/10

Its basically the same as the first one. Other than being predictable its pretty good. Again just like the first one.

Back