RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Looper had a lot of Great concepts and it started out really strong. but it completely lost me near the end... I kinda hated the end actually, and hated the kid too.

i feel the exact same way, LOVED the first hour, thought it had the potential to be one of my favs but in the end it lost me, and that kid was so annoying!!!

A Good Day To Die Hard - 6/10 - Clearly the bottom Die Hard flick, but I didn't think it was too bad. It was light on the action though. There was pretty much only 3 action sequences.

Convoy - 5/10 - 70's Trucker CB Radio cheese.

Just saw John Carter. I give it a 7.5/10.

Great action scenes and a good vision of Barsoom. But the pacing was a little off and Taylor Kitsch(sp?) didn't really drag me in as a good lead for John Carter. Dejah Thoris was hot though! :)

Best part was seeing Ciaran Hinds and James Purefoy reunited on-screen. I missed their chemistry from ROME as Caesar and Antony.

Great action scenes and a good vision of Barsoom. But the pacing was a little off and Taylor Kitsch(sp?) didn't really drag me in as a good lead for John Carter. Dejah Thoris was hot though! :)

Best part was seeing Ciaran Hinds and James Purefoy reunited on-screen. I missed their chemistry from ROME as Caesar and Antony.

extremely hot :hi5: I never got the hate for this, This movie was entertaining and had good action sequences, I liked it.

John Carter is an awesome film.

I loved it to death the first time in the cinema, & was buying it upon release, no question. Disney should be ashamed of themselves for handling the promotion of it so badly.

Hopefully the home market sales prove that it's great - & I thought Taylor Kitsch was excellent.

John Carter is an awesome film.

I loved it to death the first time in the cinema, & was buying it upon release, no question. Disney should be ashamed of themselves for handling the promotion of it so badly.

Hopefully the home market sales prove that it's great - & I thought Taylor Kitsch was excellent.

I read that was not Disney, but the fault of Andrew Stanton:

"Stanton often rejected marketing ideas from the studio, according to those who worked on the film. Stanton's ideas were used instead, and he ignored criticism that using Led Zeppelin's "Kashmir", a song recorded in 1974, in the trailer would make it seem less current to the contemporary younger audiences the film sought.
He also chose billboard imagery that failed to resonate with prospective audiences, and put together a preview reel that did not get a strong reception from a convention audience.
Stanton said, “My joy when I saw the first trailer for Star Wars is I saw a little bit of almost everything in the movie, and I had no idea how it connected, and I had to go see the movie. So the last thing I’m going to do is ruin that little kid’s experience.”

i really loved this film didn't get the hate either... wasn't there supposed to be sequels i doubt that's going to happen now :monkey2

That was a version of Kashmir by Bond, not Zeppelin. I thought it was a good modern version of it. Better than tossing in some silly foghorn, serious of loud drumming or the comedic pause/record scratch.

JC's problem is it was vastly over budget.

Skyfall - 10/10 - I finally got around to watching this after picking up the bluray this past week, and my God, was it excellent. I'm quite late to the party, and all the praise has been sung by now, but I suspect I'll be gushing over this film for a while to come. Brilliant performances, stunning cinematography, a haunting score, a simple, yet compelling plot, and overall the emotional highpoint of the entire series. Road To Perdition is one of my absolute favorite films, and Skyfall definitely shines from having been crafted by the same brilliant filmmaker. This may be my top pick for 2012.

That was a version of Kashmir by Bond, not Zeppelin. I thought it was a good modern version of it. Better than tossing in some silly foghorn, serious of loud drumming or the comedic pause/record scratch.

JC's problem is it was vastly over budget.

I agree with this one, and It would have been awful if they used a song like Rhianna or something for it,

but I can also see how they needed something modern for the masses, even if the Kashmir song did fit.

I read that was not Disney, but the fault of Andrew Stanton:

"Stanton often rejected marketing ideas from the studio, according to those who worked on the film. Stanton's ideas were used instead, and he ignored criticism that using Led Zeppelin's "Kashmir", a song recorded in 1974, in the trailer would make it seem less current to the contemporary younger audiences the film sought.
He also chose billboard imagery that failed to resonate with prospective audiences, and put together a preview reel that did not get a strong reception from a convention audience.
Stanton said, “My joy when I saw the first trailer for Star Wars is I saw a little bit of almost everything in the movie, and I had no idea how it connected, and I had to go see the movie. So the last thing I’m going to do is ruin that little kid’s experience.”
Ok there you go - I stand corrected then. :)

It got little exposure here in AUS - from where I was standing, & the trailers weren't real enticing either.

If the director made some dumb decisions, then he's gotta wear that I guess.

The Master - 4/10

Some good performances, but ultimately a bit too slow and cold for my tastes. Seemed to lack direction and purpose IMO.

primer..........felt my mind was being deconstructed and suffered a near panic attack after watching it. that said, it was a pretty fun movie, i just need to watch it 10 more times to try to understand it more.

500 Days Of Summer 9.5/10

The coolest rom-com I have ever seen! Did not expect to love a rom-com as much as I loved this :rock

nacho-approves-wtf-lmao.gif

lol i gotta use that gif

Finally rewatched the Avengers for the first time since seeing it in the theater: 9/10
solid, fun movie
made me want to get all of the HT figures:panic:

Back