Rainman Artwork 2013 Pulp Fiction Project 2- Jules the Shepard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fair enough Levit, I guess moving on wasn't the best choice of words. I just think we hold him to really high standards (as we should given the price), but we need to remember he is only human.

I hope RM sees these issues from the lukewarm sales. I'm sure things will eventually sell out but for RM this is likely slowest sell-out project of late. I think some of us not buying is the best way to tell him that some of us are unhappy. I would be unhappy as well if I had gotten a FS in this case.

Lets hope the next release is stellar...

He should credit us $100 for each full set and $50 for each H&C of either pulp fiction figure.

I dont think anyone is calling him a scammer, but peeps should call anyone out if they feel theyre getting a subpar product. Not all his figs are going to be hits. I think most peeps are shocked becasue they felt rainman+ pulp fiction= success, but it didnt turn out that way. Oh well, lets see what he does next

Fair enough Levit, I guess moving on wasn't the best choice of words. I just think we hold him to really high standards (as we should given the price), but we need to remember he is only human.

I hope RM sees these issues from the lukewarm sales. I'm sure things will eventually sell out but for RM this is likely slowest sell-out project of late. I think some of us not buying is the best way to tell him that some of us are unhappy. I would be unhappy as well if I had gotten a FS in this case.

Lets hope the next release is stellar...

its not that i hold him in a high regard, his price and the price increases dictate that the services that are being provided are services that should not need extra items to purchase in order to somehow make it a complete set...its ridiculous if you think that just because you put something out you can rush it then expect it to sell out when the work is subpar!!...and please please PLEASE...do not tell me about something being an artistic representation because lately thats the EXCUSE everyone wants to use to justify the work they have done and think it will suffice...too often we let these artists tell us something and hence we have to take it because its their "artistic" representation when in reality its not...its just the character(s) that are hot or have been wanted by us collectors....so if they wanted to give us artistic representations of the charcters we have wanted then they wouldn't be asking oour advise on what we would like to see....and THATS one of the many gripes i have had with RM....he puts up the WIP shots to show what he is doing then asks for feedback and either corrects it or he says that thats not what he wants to do or just won't change it...then gets emotional when the collectors keep askking for WIP updates....i don't know...this just doesn't make sense to me...i was on the ropes about getting this but i just cancelled my order because it doesn't make any sense how he has reacted to all of this....if it was a shower of glory and congratulations for selling out on another custom then i'm inclinded to believe that he would visit and comment...but because we state that he needs to improve he hides??...FUGGOUTTAHEAR!!!!

Can't. . .process. . .long. . .runon. . .sentence. . .

I got my package today. Head looks very nice, quality-wise. But this is the second order in a row where something I ordered (extra head this time) wasn't included. :(

still not an excuse Vareika....when the intent is to get money for a service....then yes...it does seem "malicious"....specially when the end total is to get as much money for this as you can!...i have to strongly disagree with the just moving on...if i'm expected to drop more money on future projects i would atleast like to hear the man himself say something before we move onto the next figure....if the problem is never addressed whats to say it won't happene again??...so no...i don't want to let this pass specially when i plan on buying the next character immediately after this one....:-/

Malicious? Really? Whatever you think "happened" no one is forcing you to buy the next one. I mean one release is not up to everyone's standard and its crucifiction time.

I understand its not what we usually expect but we got everything these characters would include, sans briefcase. Looking at them together I am more than content with my set.

Call me a kiss *** or whatever. This is the best representation of Pulp Fiction in 1/6 and I love it. If better heads with tighter likenesses come along one day, I will indulge that artist and replace mine.

But till that comes, I have Rainman Pulp Fiction figures. Yes, with expertly tailored suits and materials and cool accessories. Yeah we missed the briefcase but brother Robbie has that covered.

If you cant stomach buying some extra accessories or cant understand that custom figures need love and futzing and might not be "perfect" out of the box maybe your in the wrong game.

Considering this took the most time from order to completion, this is very sloppy in areas.

I do really like the figure. It took a lot of work to get him where I needed him, but I am now enjoying it.

Can't believe we got palmed off with them shoes. I can't get over how easily the hair piece came off. The wallet would have been nice had the print turned out. As it is, it's really bad!

I am wondering if I will ever enjoy these two guys considering all that has gone on with them, and largely how disappointing some parts have been.

I didn't mention anything about the likeliness or for that matter anything about artistic direction. I was just talking about the personal attacks on RM for how he handled the project. I think the sales performance speaks a lot to him so he would have to be blind to not realize this was not his greatest moment. I think the personal attacks questioning his character are a tad overboard but that's my personal opinion.

Agree with Mag though, that this is really not a bad PF lineup. I think because I only have ever bought H+C sets, I always can't wait to do the futzing and putting together and scrounging for parts and accessories. Replacing parts and pieces with better parts and pieces over time is part of what I like. Again, personal opinion and of course I spent 450 not 800 so maybe the price point didn't hurt as much for me despite the issues.

I think one of the main issues is that the demand for these two was never that great.

Seems this did not seek to serve the community as a whole.

Perhaps rainmans apparent lack of interest showed because of that.

Considering this took the most time from order to completion, this is very sloppy in areas.

I do really like the figure. It took a lot of work to get him where I needed him, but I am now enjoying it.

Can't believe we got palmed off with them shoes. I can't get over how easily the hair piece came off. The wallet would have been nice had the print turned out. As it is, it's really bad!

I am wondering if I will ever enjoy these two guys considering all that has gone on with them, and largely how disappointing some parts have been.

Word from Rainman on the delay was mostly from the body taking way too long to get to him. Then arriving with missing parts, making the wait even longer.

These two have lot of charm man and from seeing yours and Robbies pics I know Jules will shine when I give him the time. Friday can't come soon enough.

I think one of the main issues is that the demand for these two was never that great.

Seems this did not seek to serve the community as a whole.

Perhaps rainmans apparent lack of interest showed because of that.

When it was announced the Rainman fans were happy. I didn't hear any complaints. Rainman was also super excited about it. I mean he was gonna make Mia and another Vince! I'm of the belief that the constant nitpicking just killed it for him. Plain and simple.

Last edited:
Word from Rainman on the delay was mostly from the body taking way too long to get to him. Then arriving with missing parts, making the wait even longer.

These two have lot of charm man and from seeing yours and Robbies pics I know Jules will shine when I give him the time. Friday can't come soon enough.

Well that's understandable, however he could have used that time wisely :dunno

A work around for the shoes perhaps? A better looking wallet?

I never wanted to say this, but for the first time I will finally agree, this was half assed imo. Some of it is good and some of it is just really poor.

You will make yours shine on Friday, I am sure of it. It needs striping and re-dressing. That works wonders for a kick off. Lots of futzing needed also. Get them shoes swapped out asap.

Well that's understandable, however he could have used that time wisely :dunno

A work around for the shoes perhaps? A better looking wallet?

I never wanted to say this, but for the first time I will finally agree, this was half assed imo. Some of it is good and some of it is just really poor.

You will make yours shine on Friday, I am sure of it. It needs striping and re-dressing. That works wonders for a kick off. Lots of futzing needed also. Get them shoes swapped out asap.

Will do. Shoes are ordered. As far as the down time, maybe he was working on Harrow?:lol

Will do. Shoes are ordered. As far as the down time, maybe he was working on Harrow?:lol

Exactly. I know it, you know it, and everybody else knows it. Obviously I have no issues with private commissions, but when that s__t interferes with the general release, then I got issues!

Here are some shots of the duo in Patrick Bateman's apartment (I guess they heard he had a briefcase... :dunno)

MoreBateman06_zps595fdd68.jpg

MoreBateman04_zps6d816916.jpg

MoreBateman05_zps07cd1f7e.jpg

MoreBateman03_zpsab99019f.jpg

They look decent. They really do. Jules might be a bit too tall in the MIB EB body but it doesnt bother me much as I know Sam Jackson is like 6'2" However, given what we received Iminime prices would have been far more in line... especially given how amazing the Iminime Bateman DX is for about $250 less than a Rainman fullset.

Back