Rainman Artwork 2013 Pulp Fiction Project 2- Jules the Shepard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did no one read the specs? They were always these pvc shoes. In regards to price and comparing the quality to Iminime, these suits are tailored to a much higher level then what they offer.

Now that I've finally had a chance to futz with Jules properly and put him next to Vince as a pair there growing on me by the minute! True I'd have been less appalled to open my box and find someone had taken a **** on my figure compared with those dime store shoes but hey replacements are on the way life goes on regardless.

Here's a couple of quick Iphone pics of where I'm at with them.....

image_zps4aa58594.jpg

image_zpsfe0c1e67.jpg

I got my head/outfit set today, and put him together on an old-school Truetype with the Enterbay hands. Didn't use the leg extenders, because the pants seem to fit well on this one as-is, and they weren't all that different in height based on what I can tell (even if it was more QT trying to create that illusion than reality), so I'm cool with it. I'm really digging it myself, and think the body is a big reason. That EB body is just way to chunky for my liking. Makes him look like an NFL linebacker.

And the cup is such a fantastic accessory. Gives him some real personality. I'm really glad he added it to all the sets.

DSC_0001_zps1c70cd41.jpg

DSC_0002_zps3d42ae6f.jpg

DSC_0004_zpsee87a0b5.jpg

DSC_0006_zps184e880b.jpg

And on this body, I actually had to pull the collar up to show less neck.

I got my head/outfit set today, and put him together on an old-school Truetype with the Enterbay hands. Didn't use the leg extenders, because the pants seem to fit well on this one as-is, and they weren't all that different in height based on what I can tell (even if it was more QT trying to create that illusion than reality), so I'm cool with it. I'm really digging it myself, and think the body is a big reason. That EB body is just way to chunky for my liking. Makes him look like an NFL linebacker.

And the cup is such a fantastic accessory. Gives him some real personality. I'm really glad he added it to all the sets.

DSC_0001_zps1c70cd41.jpg

DSC_0002_zps3d42ae6f.jpg

DSC_0004_zpsee87a0b5.jpg

DSC_0006_zps184e880b.jpg

Nice Sam! Speaking of the cup, are the straws short and loose on all of your sets? Im afraid that the straw is gonna fall out and get lost.

Looking good Sam but Julie's pants look way too long and baggy. Might need them extended pegs.

Nice Sam! Speaking of the cup, are the straws short and loose on all of your sets? Im afraid that the straw is gonna fall out and get lost.

Take a small piece of tack and roll it in a lil' ball put on end of straw, insert and boom no more loosey goosey! :duff

I'm also a bit worried about the straw. Magnus's blue tac idea is a good one. The pants in my pics are a bit more wrinkled than they need to be because of the way I use the stand, but the length barely comes over the top of the laces on his shoes, so I think I'm OK with it.

I'm actually really into these figures. I think Rainman did a pretty good job on both overall.

just opened mine, i got H/C set number 1, but damn i can't get over how he included just cheap generic did/dragon/ every other knock off shoes.. that is not acceptable at this price IMO. head looks better in person for sure but this is for sure rainmans worst overall offering.

Even if he wasn't going to sculpt them, it would have been nice if he had at least invested in some nicer shoes, as he did with Doc where I believe they were outsourced (Newline?). The ACI shoes are $10 on eBay and look significantly better than the ones included. Like Robbie says, it was there in the listing so maybe we should have expected it, but it is so unusual for Rainman that folks just assumed they would be nicer, and it does come as a shock. In any case, I bought some ACI shoes on eBay myself, so I'll just replace them. Not really a huge deal when all is said and done, but. . .

Well this has been a frustrating release to the end; for us and Rainman alike. Everything that could be said has been already. Ideally what would put this whole thing to rest is Rainman chiming in, acknowledging the fans disappointment, offering some type of compensation like a store credit or an unpainted sculpt or something similar to what Denny did for those who bought Lecter... but I don't sense that that's RM's style. The best gesture would be to offer sculpted shoes for all the Jules buyers but I guess that wouldn't work; some people are staying with the EB body and some are going with HT. I suppose that him stating he's going to outdo himself and surpass Bill with Bickle is his message to us saying he got the message.

I really don't know what the hell happened with these guys but a surprising amount of aspects fell far from the standard. I think that this odd rush did effect the sculpts somewhat but they're the least of my disappointment. I do think that he could have done better if unrushed, but I'm actually ok with the sculpts.

I don't want to solely blame the BWE commission because I'm sure this isn't the first time his attention and time was turned in different directions. He's plenty involved in Elfdoll and I'm assuming that what he did in his friend's restaurant recently isn't the first time he did a job like that. Fact is none of us know what he does what his time but it's safe to assume that over the years, throughout and during his other releases, he had other s__t going on simultaneously. Still and all, for reasons unknown the rush this time was apparent and obvious and has taken its toll on the Pulp boys.

I hate to say that this explosion and backlash may have been a necessary evil. Too much of that "it's only right to give thanks and praise" mentality can maybe make someone too comfortable. When he brings his A game and produces the standard that attracted all of us to him in the first place, he gets nothing but praise by the boat load. But this whole debacle is a big message saying that the praise and support is not automatic and has to be earned every time.

Even if he wasn't going to sculpt them, it would have been nice if he had at least invested in some nicer shoes, as he did with Doc where I believe they were outsourced (Newline?). The ACI shoes are $10 on eBay and look significantly better than the ones included. Like Robbie says, it was there in the listing so maybe we should have expected it, but it is so unusual for Rainman that folks just assumed they would be nicer, and it does come as a shock. In any case, I bought some ACI shoes on eBay myself, so I'll just replace them. Not really a huge deal when all is said and done, but. . .

This sort of is a big deal and represents the final fall from grace. Choosing the best shoe on the market would have been the only way to go in this situation. Denny has a relationship with ACI. This is a no brainer but he chose the $2.99 special instead. Sorry but I can't find any sense in that. Excuseless and insulting.

...The last piece of negativity coming from me about this whole thing....

Last edited:
It's like Jekyll & Hyde in here.....again. :lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl

Everyone knew there were issues, everyone said it wasn't a
$800 set, yet lots bought the full set instead of just a painted
head and making their own.

Reflecting what some others said: its still the best PF set made.

The foresight was there, the actions were not.

Why? :dunno

And even if you're not good at making your own figure,
certainly, there are customizers on here(which we already know)
that can do a fine job in making things for Vince & Jules for less
than what the RM FS figure was for.

So again...why?

I guess, I just don't get it and I'm sure people won't like
me saying this next part.

RM was given the beatdown, over and over.
So what do you think happens when you beat the wil out of an artist?
They give up, so guess what, you get ****ty shoes.

So I think everyone should really give him twice the beatdown on Bickle
and see what happens. Because it worked so well on the PF figures.

If anything, we've proved without a doubt, that there needs
to be a middle man that people voice their information and dislikes
to, that can translate things in a non-abrasive way to RM so this
****-fest doesn't happen again..

Yes, some of the blame is on RM, but also on us.
And if you really step back and take a look at what happened here.
I think you would have to agree.

I think the Churchill shoes(leather-like) would work as well.
They look pretty nice from DID.

Back