Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well we’re getting Helms deep Aragorn so I think a revisited Legolas should include his Helms Deep armour if it comes to pass.
I’ve filled in just about the gaps in my collection with statues so I end up having mixed feeling about the possibility of likes of Isildur, Haldir, Wormtongue, even Sauron but I know they’d be amazing and I’d still buy.
Personally, I’m most interested in growing my already pretty sizeable orc army. There’s almost endless potential for variations of the foulest creatures in middle earth and that’s not even including the more prominent named orcs and Uruks who truly deserve figure’s. Eowyn in Her white gown looking super depressed would be great and I think I’d prefer Arwen in the blue and red with that books she’s reading. Minty Green Coronation dress would be just as welcome though in all fairness. Shame about Denethor. He’d round out the Gondorian family trio nicely.

Actually, the one gap that I haven’t been able to fill with a statue is the Prologue High Elven Warrior. I let too many of them pass me by on eBay last year and now all hope is gone and even if one shows up it’s priced at double it’s worth or more.

Pretty good news all around.
- Hopefully there will be either an updated Legolas figure or just an improved head and hair combo. I’ve held on sending the current one out for rehairing.
- For Arwen, I’d be happy with either the coronation gown, which would include the elven crown or the red sleeves gown, which would look very dramatic on display. I agree either a new or tweaked HS would be nice.
- Fingers crossed for Eowyn. While the first release represents an iconic scene, it’s best displayed with the helmet on for several reasons. A regular gown release will better showcase the character and actress, allow for more display options, and take advantage of the improvements Asmus has made over the years.
- Too bad about Theoden on Throne and Denathor, but understandable. Eventually I may try to go the custom route on those two, who knows. There is a John Noble Fringe figure. The sculpt is decent but possibly undersized. If I can find one parted out I may grab it to see if the head could work. Then I’d have to find someone to tailor the costume.
- Great news on Sauron. I’m thinking about selling of my LotR PFs in favor of 1:6 now that most of the characters are done or confirmed to be coming and the 1:6 line is more prolific.
- Should have asked about Battle Trolls and a Treebeard base. Oh well.

Generic soldiers from each army would be very cool.

Prologue Elf
Mirkwood Elf
Lorien Elf
Iron Hills Dwarf
Gondorian
Rohirrim
Easterling
Haradrim
And, of course, all kinds of Orcs, Goblins and Uruks.

I typically avoid the generic soldiers but the one exception that I would make would be the Gondor Fountain Guard. That is one of my favorite all time armor / costume designs. It would make an excellent 1/6 scale figure.

RIP Sir Ian Holm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I second this, very sad. Visited the forums today because of this and saw the official Asmus buzz, needless to say I'm super excited about the "hell yea" pretty much confirming 1/6 Sauron. Definitely my number one figure out of both lotr and star wars for me that I want.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

While I don’t really care about Cursed Theoden, it’s a bit of a letdown that there are no plans for Denethor — the last of the important human characters, aside from Grima, that should be made.

While I don?t really care about Cursed Theoden, it?s a bit of a letdown that there are no plans for Denethor ? the last of the important human characters, aside from Grima, that should be made.
Agreed. Both Wormtongue and Denathor are part of the all important secondary tier of characters.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Agreed. Both Wormtongue and Denathor are part of the all important secondary tier of characters.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Maybe if they see more interest they’ll produce them?
or at the end of the planned line toss in a few other characters.

There’s also Gamling, and Hama too who could be seen as a good addition !

To be clear...I know that this would never happen...and even if it would I would not want it to until Asmus has released EVERY character from all six Middle Earth films...now with that said as I have been revisiting the 3 hardcover Art of Lord of the Rings books I am always stunned by how amazing some of the abandoned concepts were. It would be great to see a small line of ?Original Concept? figures from Asmus. There is a photo of the maquette of the original design for the Witch King riding the Fell Beast and it is the stuff of nightmares. I would love to see some of these designs in 1/6 scale on my shelf.

Pretty good news all around.
- Hopefully there will be either an updated Legolas figure or just an improved head and hair combo. I?ve held on sending the current one out for rehairing.
- For Arwen, I?d be happy with either the coronation gown, which would include the elven crown or the red sleeves gown, which would look very dramatic on display. I agree either a new or tweaked HS would be nice.
- Fingers crossed for Eowyn. While the first release represents an iconic scene, it?s best displayed with the helmet on for several reasons. A regular gown release will better showcase the character and actress, allow for more display options, and take advantage of the improvements Asmus has made over the years.
- Too bad about Theoden on Throne and Denathor, but understandable. Eventually I may try to go the custom route on those two, who knows. There is a John Noble Fringe figure. The sculpt is decent but possibly undersized. If I can find one parted out I may grab it to see if the head could work. Then I?d have to find someone to tailor the costume.
- Great news on Sauron. I?m thinking about selling of my LotR PFs in favor of 1:6 now that most of the characters are done or confirmed to be coming and the 1:6 line is more prolific.
- Should have asked about Battle Trolls and a Treebeard base. Oh well.

I don?t recall exactly who but I think game of thrones 1:6 was made - you could grab some
of their cloaks if they?re parted out. Would work great for Denathor.

Are there any possible plans on a Aragorn Black Gate version for the future?

If I had to bet I would say the next five figs to be officially announced (I am cheating based on some of these hinted already by Asmus) will be:

Helms Deep Aragorn
Helms Deep Haldir
Uruk-Hai
Throne Thranduil
Arwen in gown

Elves seem to be good sellers if Asmus is already planning another Arwen and Thranduil. I could also see another dwarf coming like Balin or Dwalin.

If I had to bet I would say the next five figs to be officially announced (I am cheating based on some of these hinted already by Asmus) will be:

Helms Deep Aragorn
Helms Deep Haldir
Uruk-Hai
Throne Thranduil
Arwen in gown

Elves seem to be good sellers if Asmus is already planning another Arwen and Thranduil. I could also see another dwarf coming like Balin or Dwalin.

Has Asmus said it will be a new Thranduil?

Wonder if it would be a rerelease or in a new outfit?

The original release looked amazing but some collectors had staining issues so I ended up not buying it. Hope the new release takes that into account.

Has Asmus said it will be a new Thranduil?

Wonder if it would be a rerelease or in a new outfit?

The original release looked amazing but some collectors had staining issues so I ended up not buying it. Hope the new release takes that into account.

I believe the "new" Thranduil is a re-issue of the armored version, not a whole new figure. They've mentioned that they're planning to do that several times. (Though I would certainly buy a throne room version!)

I believe the "new" Thranduil is a re-issue of the armored version, not a whole new figure. They've mentioned that they're planning to do that several times. (Though I would certainly buy a throne room version!)

Ah great news! Thanks

I think I?d prefer the armored look.

I emailed them before concerning my new address. Maybe try that?

Any luck with that? I figured that's my only way in the end but was curious if anyone has had success with it. The old address will still be active so it's not a big deal, but still. Want my toys faster haha.

Back