Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks great.

Interesting point I spotted in the film when Legolas tries to take down the berserker carrying the torch - the arrows that hit him near the shoulders are regular Elven arrows not his Lothlorien ones.

Asmus do you have any plans to make Saruman as part of your Crown series or even just a re release with a rooted beard? I'm tempted to pick up a Saruman, and have it customised (there are some outstanding examples on this forum), I would however hold out if you were planning one? How about Radagast too? It'd be brilliant to have all 3 wizards together

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Asmus do you have any plans to make Saruman as part of your Crown series or even just a re release with a rooted beard? I'm tempted to pick up a Saruman, and have it customised (there are some outstanding examples on this forum), I would however hold out if you were planning one? How about Radagast too? It'd be brilliant to have all 3 wizards together

we will defintely look into Crowning Saruman, but what is interesting in Radagast,
he has always been in our list, but because he is a Hobbit character, things become unsure...

I would be in for a Radagast as he is still a Maiar and very cool in the mythology of Tolkien. That said, he wouldn't be a priority pickup for me and even less so at a Crown Series price point.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Crown Saruman would be great.
Here are my questions:
Crown or updated Legolas with rooted hair?
Eowyn in gown with new Miranda Otto head sculpt?
Cursed Theoden on Throne?
Denathor?
1/6 Sauron?

If you do produce Radagast, please don’t have the bird crap on the side of his head.

Crown Saruman would be great.
Here are my questions:
Denathor?
1/6 Sauron?

If you do produce Radagast, please don?t have the bird crap on the side of his head.

Not at this point we have overcome the hair "flat top and tidiness" of the Legolas in root hair, however, we might have a solution for the braid Lets wait and see

May be, however Arwen in gown is under development, we see how she turns out first

Denathor?

No... sorry

1/6 Sauron?

hell ya

Not at this point we have overcome the hair "flat top and tidiness" of the Legolas in root hair, however, we might have a solution for the braid Lets wait and see

May be, however Arwen in gown is under development, we see how she turns out first

Denathor?

No... sorry

1/6 Sauron?

hell ya

I am in the perhaps small group that think Legolas is pretty much a perfect figure. I am very happy with the sculpted hair and would not change anything about my Luxury figure so I am glad that you are putting your focus elsewhere. Wow! Great news on Sauron!!! So...how soon should folks start planning to clear shelf space for this figure?

Asmus...any chance of Grima? Also, what are some of the key factors (generally) that drive your decisions about which characters to produce?

Denathor?

No... sorry

1/6 Sauron?

hell ya

Would you sell the new Legolas head separately for those of us that have him already?

Is the Arwen in gown from the Coronation scene or another outfit?

Any chance for Isildur, Gil-galad or an Elven warrior from the Prologue? A 1/6 Sauron needs more than just Elrond, as amazing as he is of course.

Asmus id love a radagast.
He would be amazing in crown series or other, he’d go well with the Gandalf too for displaying.
He is one of the three istari in the movies and should definitely get a 1/6 scale figure.

His birds nest hair, his costume, his odd shoes would be so fun to see in figure form.

As for the moment I’m very happy with the saruman I have.

Glad to hear it officially. Will you conciser tweaking her headsculpt (it was better than the original mold that you presented, but not perfect)? Your Galadriel is perfect.

Denathor?

No... sorry

1/6 Sauron?

hell ya

Neat on Arwen but I really, really want an updated Eowyn. To me she is more important to LOTR but I totally understand why some people hold Arwen as a higher priority. Regardless I will still be getting her. Great news on Sauron!

we will defintely look into Crowning Saruman, but what is interesting in Radagast,
he has always been in our list, but because he is a Hobbit character, things become unsure...

Would love a Crown Saruman! The old sculpt was a solid likeness at the time, but the quality of the portraits you guys are putting out right now ... this could be a grand slam.

As for Radagast ... sadly, this would be the first Asmus Middle-Earth figure I would not buy.

Not because he was in the Hobbit, but because I just disliked the character as designed and executed. Now if you said you were thinking of doing Azog, Bolg, Thranduil (robes and crown), Legolas (Mirkwood armor), or some more Dwarves ... sign me up!

Denathor?

No... sorry

1/6 Sauron?

hell ya

I would love any and all of the figures on this list. Sauron!

Hoping Denathor and Cursed Theoden (with Wormtongue!) make it onto your list of possibilities at some point. They'd make fantastic additions to the line. Instant buys for me.

Last edited:
I would vote for the Coronation version of Arwen, as that is one that has NOT been made in any iteration yet (Barbie version does not count).

Holding out for a revised Saruman, Legolas and Eowyn (so difficult to find). Would also like to see the Morgul Lord & Ringwraith & steed re released.
Definite buys for me would be
Crown Saruman, Gandalf the white, Radagast or regular.
Regular
Legolas, Sauron, Bilbo, Gollum, Wormtongue, Denathor (please reconsider), Lurtz.

Possible buys
Isildur, Gil galad, Elindur, Haldir

Neat on Arwen but I really, really want an updated Eowyn. To me she is more important to LOTR but I totally understand why some people hold Arwen as a higher priority. Regardless I will still be getting her. Great news on Sauron!

:exactly: Same!

I really am interested in these other versions of characters but would really be more interested in getting new characters released first.

I understand that new iterations of central characters is required in order to bring in additional customers/collectors but make them the exception rather than the norm. I won't be doing the endless upgrade dance.

I really am interested in these other versions of characters but would really be more interested in getting new characters released first.

I understand that new iterations of central characters is required in order to bring in additional customers/collectors but make them the exception rather than the norm. I won't be doing the endless upgrade dance.

This! It would be great if Asmus got all of the key characters out versus giving multiple versions of characters that are already available.

Back