Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asmus, are we looking at a Nazgul re release any time soon, as well as a morgul lord? These are instant buys for most, I imagine. What sort of time frame are we looking at here? Within a year?

I am also wondering about this. I missed out on the original releases years ago, so I am eager to know if any re-releases are planned.

I'd snap both rereleases of the Morgul Lord and Ringwraith on steed instantly. Hard to find on ebay at a reasonable price. Wish Asmus would make a few horses for the Rohan characters too

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Also an instant buys for me. Without the cool villains, it is not a complete shelf presence. At least I have one ACI Ringwraith but without horse...better than nothing.

If I had to bet I would say the next five figs to be officially announced (I am cheating based on some of these hinted already by Asmus) will be:

Helms Deep Aragorn
Helms Deep Haldir
Uruk-Hai
Throne Thranduil
Arwen in gown

Elves seem to be good sellers if Asmus is already planning another Arwen and Thranduil. I could also see another dwarf coming like Balin or Dwalin.
Throne Thranduil - Probably my most wanted figure (... and dwarfs :) ) here how i see this:
1) One extra head, with face damage.
2) His throne. As luxury edition diorama base.
3) His throne clothing with half red cloak and his crown - of course :)
untkugitled.jpg

From the context of the scene, I assumed it was injury sustained in battling other dragons and that he was using some kind of glamouring spell to hide it. I don't know if the books offer more background.

Either that or he's a former District Attorney and is planning to kill the Batman.

From the context of the scene, I assumed it was injury sustained in battling other dragons and that he was using some kind of glamouring spell to hide it. I don't know if the books offer more background.

Either that or he's a former District Attorney and is planning to kill the Batman.

Elves are able to have more control over their bodies (hroa) because of the power of their spirit (fea). I think the scene was demonstrating that at one time Thranduil was wounded by a dragon in the past (either in Beleriand in the First Age or in the North of Eriador as he suggests). Elves can heal from terrible wounds but the memory of his wound lasts forever. Due to the extreme command over their bodies, he was able to bring the memory of the wound to the surface temporarily and then let it heal again. It?s a strange scene over all but there is some textual evidence to support it from more obscure sources. There is a theory that the reason Legolas is so light footed and walk above snow is similar to this natural ability that Elves have to change the way their bodies interact with matter and would explain how they can heal from mortal wounds if not killed.

Elves are able to have more control over their bodies (hroa) because of the power of their spirit (fea). I think the scene was demonstrating that at one time Thranduil was wounded by a dragon in the past (either in Beleriand in the First Age or in the North of Eriador as he suggests). Elves can heal from terrible wounds but the memory of his wound lasts forever. Due to the extreme command over their bodies, he was able to bring the memory of the wound to the surface temporarily and then let it heal again. It?s a strange scene over all but there is some textual evidence to support it from more obscure sources. There is a theory that the reason Legolas is so light footed and walk above snow is similar to this natural ability that Elves have to change the way their bodies interact with matter and would explain how they can heal from mortal wounds if not killed.
f2315ee2af9bcbbd04be4f8faa5ae762.gif Just kidding.

Always wished PJ had done a flashback scene with the death of Thranduil's father (Oropher) and how Thranduil would return to the Greenwood with only a third of the elves from Oropher's army (after the slaughter in the War of the Last Alliance) - which IMO would go a long way fleshing out these "less wise, but more dangerous" elves and Thranduil's character.

And yeah, Thranduil on the Throne - either with scars or not - would be a complete must have. Even if it means the ramen noodle diet for a few months.:cool:

And why would he want to do that?

:lol

Well, in the context of the scene he was demonstrating his personal suffering and experiences with dragon fire:

Thranduil: Do not speak to me of dragon fire for I have encountered it myself. Do not talk to me of dragon fire! I know it's wrath and ruin.

He wanted to physically demonstrate his experience as well, again it is a confusing and strange scene. His intention remains to refute Thorin’s accusations and assumptions. By showing that he once suffered physical deformity and pain, Thorin can’t just interpret it as lies. There is of course the fact that Thranduil has a flair for the dramatic as well of course. ;p

You know now that you say it...Lee Pace would make a pretty interesting Dent. Though my vote still is for Matthew McConaughey.

LOTR is rich with lore though. Seems I always am learning something from the real hardcore Tolkien folks. Hopefully the Amazon series delves accurately into these things.

There are a fair number of people wishing for a Thranduil in his crown and robes (myself among them). But if you're also wishing you could have him on his throne ... well, the good folks at Weta just revealed a statue that is likely to blow you away.

I bring it up here because, while there's absolutely no way in the universe I'd be able to afford the Weta statue, it's also 100% clear to me now that Thranduil's throne in 1/6 is SO HUGE that it would be wildly unmanageable for me. (Even just the top part with the antlers.)

I mean ... holy crap ...

ThranduilOnThrone.jpg

So I might stop asking Asmus for one of those! :lol

BUT ... a Thranduil in that outfit from Asmus? Oh, I'm gonna keep asking for that!

Back