Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe Eowyn with both armored and gown versions included in the same set...not just outfits but two complete figures...Asmus? answer to Hot Toys? DX07! Denethor with throne would also make for a great potential Crown release. If Asmus really wants to make an impact with this line an 18 or so inch Sauron as a Crown release would be welcome too!

Some good points brought up regarding the Crown Line.

I think its not just a matter of picking the favorite characters to join the Crown line but the ones that would benefit more from the added detailing (and pricing) involved.

I have the deluxe Legolas with the cave troll base and the only thing that can really benefit an upgrade would be the head sculpt with faux hair. Otherwise, it's already a great figure.

I think another possibility would be Lurtz, utilizing a new Uruk-Hai body without exposed joints would be a good candidate. Plus, the entire body would require painting.

Same goes for a Smeagol/Gollum 2-pack. Two distinct head sculpts and two joint-less bodies, requiring painting.

I thought about Saruman but I've already got him, along with the Palantir and base and he's fantastic. Faux hair and beard head sculpt would elevate it further but difficult to justify an upgrade for just that.

Same goes for Gandalf the White. Just adding a new head sculpt doesn't cut it. Perhaps if Shadowfax is included?

Asmus...how about a King of the Dead figure? Just realized that I really need that figure.

King of the dead would be awesome!! Maybe he could glow in the dark if could be done in a way that still looked cool

Look to the latest Hot Toys Spiderman for inspiration there. I think he’s got details that only show up under a UV light so King of the Dead could have skeletal details embedded in a rotten, semi transparent fleshy layer that gives a ghostly effect. What I’m imagining is probably something that would only be possible in a Crown release. It would look amazing though.
But Uruks first, please!

Look to the latest Hot Toys Spiderman for inspiration there. I think he’s got details that only show up under a UV light so King of the Dead could have skeletal details embedded in a rotten, semi transparent fleshy layer that gives a ghostly effect. What I’m imagining is probably something that would only be possible in a Crown release. It would look amazing though.
But Uruks first, please!

:exactly::pray:

I was JUST thinking that! A two layer sculpt ... a skull layer underneath a semi-translucent resin face layer.

That would be BAD ASS.

King of the Dead could honestly be a game changer and centrepiece figure if Asmus felt he was worth the effort. If o remember correctly, none of the army of the dead had feet or lower legs. They just hovered with wispy rags swaying beneath them so the figure may have to permanently be on either a flexible, unobtrusive stand or a transparent rod which I think would look amazing. He’s the kind of character who, of done right, could have a lot of cross-over appeal to fans of creepier figures and horror stuff.

I think its not just a matter of picking the favorite characters to join the Crown line but the ones that would benefit more from the added detailing (and pricing) involved.

I have the deluxe Legolas with the cave troll base and the only thing that can really benefit an upgrade would be the head sculpt with faux hair. Otherwise, it's already a great figure.

I think another possibility would be Lurtz, utilizing a new Uruk-Hai body without exposed joints would be a good candidate. Plus, the entire body would require painting.

Same goes for a Smeagol/Gollum 2-pack. Two distinct head sculpts and two joint-less bodies, requiring painting.

I thought about Saruman but I've already got him, along with the Palantir and base and he's fantastic. Faux hair and beard head sculpt would elevate it further but difficult to justify an upgrade for just that.

Same goes for Gandalf the White. Just adding a new head sculpt doesn't cut it. Perhaps if Shadowfax is included?

Something else missing from Legolas is that he has two different bows and quivers one pre-Lothlorien and the other set is given to him there. Also there is the Helms Deep armor that we do not have. I could see a Crown version of Legolas if they include all his gear. Plus if they do that there would be multiple ways to display him which would make it easy for those of us who have the 1st realize to justify picking up a second.

Honestly, Legolas is one of my favourite characters in LOTR. I just can't make myself buy that head sculpt because of the hair.

Honestly, Legolas is one of my favourite characters in LOTR. I just can't make myself buy that head sculpt because of the hair.

I had the same concerns and asked some folks on the Legolas thread how bad it was and they talked me into buying it. I picked up the Luxury edition a couple of weeks ago and it is my favorite figure in general right now. And that?s in a room with a whole bunch of Hot Toys? and Blitzway?s finest. The shelf presence and cleverness of the design with the boots attached to the troll?s head is marvelous and the head sculpt in hand looks as good as anything else in my collection. The hair is not perfect but if I had not heard that it had been previously raised as an issue I would not have considered it to be one because it looks so much better in hand than pictures and video suggest. The angle that he is posed at when perched on the trolls head really helps the hair too because he looks down slightly versus straight ahead so the hair sculpt works really naturally with the shoulders. I would definitely not let the sculpted hair (which once again is good if not perfect) stand in the way of owning this figure. Just my unsolicited two cents...:)

Back