Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he looks terrific.

Ideally, since the hair probably isn't removable like Theoden's, they could cover that seam line in the hair with a dab of some kind of sculpting material in the center. That's the only bit that would need to be smoothed, just a couple of millimeters. But I could also totally see how that might grind the production line to a screeching halt. So if this is the way he looks out of the box, I'm 100% fine with it. If the gap bugs me (Theoden's doesn't), I can mod it myself without much trouble.

Overall, even from one picture, I'm impressed. The likeness looks like it might be pretty good. It even looks like he has some expression and doesn't just have a neutral relaxed face.

Aragorn Helms Deep.jpg

Last edited:
Change those boots, guys! They suck. Just do the two piece split like with Guritz, Gothmog, Grishnakh, Witch King, Legolas, Gimli, Eomer, Arwen, Theoden and Elrond!
It’s crazy that the lead hero of the trilogy who’s on his second (or third depending on how you look at it) release lacks the ability to take a fighting stance without looking like he’s got a pair of old clogs on.
So is the sword holding hand also reuse? It looks extremely outclassed by the new ring hand.

Basically, all the new stuff is great and a leap forward from the previous addition. However that just goes to emphasise the inadequacies of those older parts that have been reused.
I’m pretty happy with the facial expression used. It should work for standing and fighting poses which is a great middle ground option when there’s only one head. Although wasn’t there a more plain expression unpainted sculpt shown in the Aragorn thread? Looks like the hair is removable like Theoden’s so does this mean there is a static hair and wind blown into-motion’ hairpiece or that there are two sculpt included but only one hairpiece between them? That’d suck because then I couldn’t swap one over to my Slim Aragorn.

My guess is, the head piece and hair piece are molded and painted separately and then glued together afterward. (Making it easier to paint the skin that appears under the hair. Also makes it easier to mold and cast. And still give you that layered look at the end.) So I'm betting it isn't removable for switching out.

My guess is, the head piece and hair piece are molded and painted separately and then glued together afterward. (Making it easier to paint the skin that appears under the hair. Also makes it easier to mold and cast. And still give you that layered look at the end.) So I'm betting it isn't removable for switching out.

That makes sense. But that joint-line between the upper hair and the widow's peak looks bad. At least with Th?oden it was due to the removable hair. Aragorn doesn't have a helmet so that display option is not available. They could have designed it so that the hair was one complete piece and just laid over the bald head, if you will. It would have given a much better view of the hair in that area.

Aside from the boots, I really like the rest of this figure.

Edit: I looked again at the ankle area of his left boot and it appears that it may be two pieces, allowing better posing.

Glorious looking Aragorn v2 (Helms Deep)

I have to agree on the hair -- looks like Theoden's problem all over again -- hair piece not seated properly on the head sculpt, and undermining the entire illusion.

I hope its there because you will be offering a rooted version of the sculpt. This version with wet hair would look great with that real hair you guys have done in the past.

I have Slim Aragorn already but still tempted to get this one too...looks really good imo. I will probably root the hair anyway

I've just recieved the new Hot Toys Luke Endor deluxe and the hairline on the windswept hairpiece is seamless. Not sure why Asmus haven't used a similar approach here as if anything it would be easier as Aragorn's is supposed to be a short parted fringe over his forehead anyway. At the moment it is resurrecting the cone head look of the original version and I don't think any of us want to see that horror again!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Back