Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you say, Bilbo... What Bilbo figure is in the development? I assume LOTR trilogy one? That would be neat :)

Agreed with RandomHero. Any Boromir 2.0 would be great. I had the first one with rooted hair and I was not happy with the head sculpt.
An LOTR Bilbo image with a sample Bag End diorama was shown in one of the threads, can't remember which one.

An LOTR Bilbo image with a sample Bag End diorama was shown in one of the threads, can't remember which one.
Found it
1636674280277.png

I definitely welcome improved figures but in my opinion, I thought Boromir was an all around excellent release. I'm usually picky when it comes to head sculpts but I had no issues with Boromir's (unlike the different iterations of Aragorn, so far.) I found the outfit and gear fantastic. But I also passed on the Helm's Deep Legolas, as I was quite happy with the original release, and many have said that the HD version's sculpt is superior.
Personally speaking, I liked everything about that Boromir except the sculpt. I thought the outfit and accessories were incredible but I just didn’t find the sculpt to be up to par. Again just my two cents but I thought the rooted hair was abysmal while the sculpted hair was better but not great. Seeing how they improved Legolas from version one to version two just really makes me want to see them take another crack at Boromir.

Not arguing, just my two cents.

Personally speaking, I liked everything about that Boromir except the sculpt. I thought the outfit and accessories were incredible but I just didn’t find the sculpt to be up to par. Again just my two cents but I thought the rooted hair was abysmal while the sculpted hair was better but not great. Seeing how they improved Legolas from version one to version two just really makes me want to see them take another crack at Boromir.

Not arguing, just my two cents.
I totally understand your issues with the sculpt. The rooted hair was not great but I was able to get it to look reasonably well. To be honest, I still like the venerable Sideshow Boromir figure. The sculpt isn't to today's standards but it still looks good. I hope that Asmus does revisit all of their figures and keeps improving on them, especially their sculpts. I can always try to pick one up loose and update existing figures, when needed.

To be honest, I wish someone would offer a home-run sculpt of Aragorn. (painted, would be best). I would seriously pick up 3 or 4 of them immediately.

Radagast would make such a nice looking figure…I have the Weta statue of him and it’s such a cool looking piece IMO, would love a figure of him to add to my (very sparse) Hobbit shelf.

Also…I really, really want to get that Bilbo on pre-order as soon as possible. :rock

Radagast would make such a nice looking figure…I have the Weta statue of him and it’s such a cool looking piece IMO, would love a figure of him to add to my (very sparse) Hobbit shelf.

Also…I really, really want to get that Bilbo on pre-order as soon as possible. :rock
I have that Weta statue of him too. He would be a great figure and would bring plenty of character to the collection and hopefully more Hobbit characters too

I’d love a radagast figure… got my vote.

I kick myself now for not getting the WETA piece. So I'd welcome a Radagast. What few WETA Hobbit pieces that show up on the 'bay are bloated in price. The 'bay tends to do that anyway (everyone has a dream of riches LOL)

But ASMUS costuming would be amazing. Tho I'd prefer Dwalin and Dain,

Re LOTR - well, doubt I would buy a Boromir. Maybe. Sometimes I I think an LOTR piece is exceptionally stellar like Gimli, I go for it. Although Gimli is a dwarf so he had that going for him. Or there's some film connection for me, like Helm's Deep.

Anyway Boromir wouldn't be on my list, compared to a Bag End diorama or Thranduil/throne. Or even Thranduil in the silver robe and berry crown, since if he's released I'd get more than one. :monkey3

Tonight I’m not feeling to happy.
after waiting so long to receive my figures and what seemed like endless messages too and from asmus I finally received them today but so upset there’s faults with them.

Tonight I’m not feeling to happy.
after waiting so long to receive my figures and what seemed like endless messages too and from asmus I finally received them today but so upset there’s faults with them.
Which figures may I ask ?

Unfortunately I don’t remember why I skipped on the WETA statue.
I think it’s a nice piece

Which figures may I ask ?
Crown series Gandalf and Galadriel.

although this morning I’ve calmed down a little Gandalf staff has no hole for the pipe and a maraca body with some loose part rattling inside.but I’m still most upset especially with Galadriel with the hideous neck and pull in the dress.

Unfortunately I don’t remember why I skipped on the WETA statue.
I think it’s a nice piece
At the time I was on a saving money/stop buying stuff kick. Possibly admirable :lol But now I wish I'd gotten all the dwarves and most of the Hobbit pieces. Then WETA prices went up, a lot. I only pick up a WETA piece once in a while now.

And Xman' s situation sux but hope ASMUS will replace a clearly damaged product.

Crown series Gandalf and Galadriel.

although this morning I’ve calmed down a little Gandalf staff has no hole for the pipe and a maraca body with some loose part rattling inside.but I’m still most upset especially with Galadriel with the hideous neck and pull in the dress.
That’s bad
I haven’t checked my Gandalf yet, time to check it.
Is there some scratches on Galadriel neck ?

At the time I was on a saving money/stop buying stuff kick. Possibly admirable :lol But now I wish I'd gotten all the dwarves and most of the Hobbit pieces. Then WETA prices went up, a lot. I only pick up a WETA piece once in a while now.

And Xman' s situation sux but hope ASMUS will replace a clearly damaged product.
Actually I only buy WETA pieces during the Black Friday sale.
I own 3 Dwarves , Bilbo baggins , Gollum , Saruman the White , Tauriel , Thror on Throne and Witch-King
Beside a few smaller scale pieces

Oil
Actually I only buy WETA pieces during the Black Friday sale.
I own 3 Dwarves , Bilbo baggins , Gollum , Saruman the White , Tauriel , Thror on Throne and Witch-King
Beside a few smaller scale pieces
Me too most of the time. That's about the size of my collection. maybe a few more like Thorin on Throne. Sometimes I can get a hobbit hole at BBTS discounted.

That’s bad
I haven’t checked my Gandalf yet, time to check it.
Is there some scratches on Galadriel neck ?

To me it looks like something was pressed into her neck. When I got my Galadriel wouldn't have even thought about something like that, and mine is fine (came direct from ASMUS). Xman's shouldn't have been shipped like that. :mad:

Back