Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Galadriel neck
Gandalf eyes
Arwen no Art Box
I don’t want to complaint 😑😑
I know it's opening the doors to h*ll:monkey3 but I don't care about the box. If I want nice pictures I can get online or buy a print or something. Which I can at least hang up if I want.
I'd just as soon see more recyclable materials used.

And I can't make a judgement about Gandalf since don't have him yet.
And the damaged Galadriels should just be replaced.

Yes, we will, but the further info has not been discussed in detail as I heard.
The 8 inch Azog is the most recent development project as we know.

The neck on my Galadriel is just horrible I’ve put her straight back in the box not even got her out once I saw the pulled dress and the deformed neck I was so upset.
I’ve waited so long for this figure for one reason and another, jumped every hurdle, stood by and supported asmus and I get sent this… yes I could buy a new body yes I could try fix the dress ect … but why should i, I have payed good money for this figure direct from the company
Even if the neck was ok, there seems to be a huge neck-head colour difference. Correct?
In my book, that alone would have justified switching the body for a better match.
But you get a female body with unusable neck. Bantha poodoo like this is a shame for such a seasoned company.
But what is a "pull on the dress"?

And what was wrong about Crown Gandalf's eyes....?
They are supposedly positioned too deep into the head from what I've seen. Most likely due to the PERS (movable eyes) system not being perfectly executed/developed yet. I am about to receive the figure myself but I hope this issue will be looked into with Gandalf the White or just do not include the PERS (movable eyes) at all.

Last edited:
Even if the neck was ok, there seems to be a huge neck-head colour difference. Correct?
In my book, that alone would have justified switching the body for a better match.
But you get a female body with unusable neck. Bantha poodoo like this is a shame for such a seasoned company.
But what is a "pull on the dress"?
the ”pull in the dress” is a line of stitching that has been caught or pulled and with it has made a horrible line in the dress and the silver detailing is pulled as well as the stitching.
not sure now else to explain but I did include a photo a page or two back.

I want more 1/6 scale The Hobbit figures :(

Yeah me too. Glad I own those already released. ASMUS has a few Thorin left; Bilbo and Thorin gone from my usual retailers. Bard - an underrated fig IMO - is probably impossible to find. Someone put up a Thranduil for ~$1700.00 on the 'bay.:monkey3

I'd like Dwalin and Dain, Fili and Kili at least. Beorn. No point in not using those specially developed dwarf bodies. Thranduil in his berry crown (and throne) of course. BOFA Thorin.
A Mirkwood Legolas.

Not falling over myself to get LOTR figs, but I'll go for a Bag End diorama if it gets put out. A lot of people will probably want a ROTK Aragorn but it's my least favorite look for him.

Last edited:
Even though they're not my favorite movies, I would love more Hobbit figures. Love the design work and love the universe. Would definitely buy more dwarves, Azog, Bolg, Thranduil 2.0, Elf or Dwarf warriors, etc. There are only a couple characters I would pass on from those movies. (Wouldn't buy Radagast, The Master of Laketown or Alfrid, but most anybody else would make the cut for me.)

Even though they're not my favorite movies, I would love more Hobbit figures. Love the design work and love the universe. Would definitely buy more dwarves, Azog, Bolg, Thranduil 2.0, Elf or Dwarf warriors, etc. There are only a couple characters I would pass on from those movies. (Wouldn't buy Radagast, The Master of Laketown or Alfrid, but most anybody else would make the cut for me.)
For sure, tho I'd probably get Radagast 'coz I read so much about the costume in the Chronicles books. It won't happen but loved Laketown so much, maybe one day I'll hack the Door to Haberdashery into a Laketown diorama - add lots of fish motifs or something, for Bard.

It'd be nice if ASMUS included an Erebor dwarf statue, like the old bookend set. Or something Erebor. And a tiny Arkenstone. :gollum::ring. If they did a Thorin in armor they have to include a dwarf bow, for the BOFA *confrontation* scene.

I think radagast would be a fun figure.
the movie design was so quirk one side was different to the other, odd shoes, one sleeve was long the other short, he had snail buttons, even his beard was long one side and short the other.
there was a really nice pattern too his robe too that had obviously been weathered and covered in moss and god knows what else… and this is all before we get to the birds nest under his hat.

I think he’d make a great 1/6 scale figure.

Back