Quentin Tarantino says the 80's sucked.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never been a big fan of his movies and don't really concern myself with his opinions on movies.

He's made some amazing films over the years and definitely knows his stuff.

That said he's clearly more of a 70s era guy and I still think he's pretty wrong about this one. Its also kind of interesting to hear him gush about stuff like Top Gun while saying stuff like this.

What i take from this discussion is that people like their childhood/teenage memories
I bet most of you love 77-89 movies bc you grow up with them.

I cant blame you iam also a very nostalgic person and i just think it is very hard to discuss things in a vacuum.

I do wonder if there are good and bad decades for movies. I can think of many great and many horrible ones every decade...

It’s just click bait. Every decade had great movies, every decade had bad movies.

Two of his favorites are eighties: Blow Out and The Thing so either he’s getting old or more likely he was misquoted.

It comes across less as he dislikes all eighties movies but more that he doesn’t like the commercial aspect of so many of the films from that era.

To a degree I understand what he’s saying. Films lost their edge to become more crowd pleasing. The same thing is kind of happening now only for different reasons (people are so much more hyper sensitive so studios largely avoid risky films).

Back