Queen Studios / InArt to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that's a strange twist. Was there any mention of Chinese characters earlier ?

Oh well, I guess it gives me time to save up for the next one I'm interested in.

e540bf72f9e0bafb35804cac5aaf3c7b20bb09b1.gif

The way they're going I'm never going to get my rooted Isaac Leto...

I have to say though, that Wukong from the new game has a sick design and if I had unlimited funds I'd PO him instantly.

e540bf72f9e0bafb35804cac5aaf3c7b20bb09b1.gif

The way they're going I'm never going to get my rooted Isaac Leto...

I have to say though, that Wukong from the new game has a sick design and if I had unlimited funds I'd PO him instantly.
Is Wukong the same character as in that show from the 70's with Monkey and Tipitaka etc ?? I hope not, he was one of my childhood favourites in his cloud which he could summon.

Is Wukong the same character as in that show from the 70's with Monkey and Tipitaka etc ?? I hope not, he was one of my childhood favourites in his cloud which he could summon.
I'm not familiar with the show, but after googling it, yeah. Sun Wukong is the Monkey King from The Journey To The West, but he's technically been a mythical character before his use in the book. I'm not all that familiar with it though, so correct me if I'm wrong anywhere. He's the basis for Goku from DBZ. Anyway, there's a new game coming out and this is how he looks in it:

black_myth_wukong_10_things_we_Realky_like_Gaming_Instincts_YouTube_Website_Thumbnail.jpg

IA could certainly make a pretty kick-ass figure out of it. But why does it have to push back all the stuff I want... I bet no Batmen will be pushed back.

Well, this instantly destroys my predictions list but I’m glad that there will be some InArt figures I can skip to keep out of financial ruin. After 3 Aragorns, I need time to recover and with the 100 years of Warner Bros and a string of upcoming Star Wars anniversaries, I’ll take all the breaks in IA splurges I can get.

I know IA mostly have mainland China distribution rights only- but that obviously doesn’t stop any of us filthy westerners from buying their products- so I wonder if the presumably lower sales numbers for China-centric IPs will ultimately lead them to focus more exclusively on the worldwide appeal licenses.
Then again- smaller runs should = faster turnaround times and cheaper production so it could be every bit as worthwhile as all the Batmen.

oaIahkv.jpg

Does anyone know who the character might be?

Edit: According to a comment on Facebook, this could be from the Black Myth: Wukong game.

daZXY7g.png
Sun Wukong/Monkey King from A Chinese Odyssey.
1674406493259.png

People have to keep in mind InArt doesn't have distribution rights in the US or the rest of the world to the vast majority of their licenses so their main market is China, this figure is mainly appealing to that, other brands like InFlames have made this figure too.
1674406457105.png

I'm personally extremely excited to see how they tackle a figure whose head is completely covered in fur. :rock

Also wonder if this means they'll also try to get their foot in the door in the near future with Romance of the Three Kingdoms figures and try to compete directly with COOMODEL and 303 Toys.

Sun Wukong/Monkey King from A Chinese Odyssey.
View attachment 619590

People have to keep in mind InArt doesn't have distribution rights in the US or the rest of the world to the vast majority of their licenses so their main market is China, this figure is mainly appealing to that, other brands like InFlames have made this figure too.
View attachment 619589
I'm excited because I'm a fan of Sun Wukong as he is the inspiration of Goku from Dragon ball (also since Wukong's name in Japanese is Son Goku for those who didn't know) and I never got the inflames release or the other versions that are available. I think InArt will blow it out the water so I'm open to getting this.

I'm excited because I'm a fan of Sun Wukong as he is the inspiration of Goku from Dragon ball (also since Wukong's name in Japanese is Son Goku for those who didn't know) and I never got the inflames release or the other versions that are available. I think InArt will blow it out the water so I'm open to getting this.

Myman.gif

Seeing some of the less than enthusiastic replies here has me bummed out because I grew up watching Stephen Chow movies and he’s one of the finest actors/directors from Hong Kong. His brand of humor is unique and can’t be replicated.

While his version of Wu Kong wasn’t my fav because he of all people was influenced by Jim Carey’s (who was HUGE at the time) humor and tried to inject some of The Mask’s mannerisms into Wu Kong. COMPLETELY unnecessary because his own style of comedy was gut busting and I wish he completely did his OWN thing.

Regardless, I at least liked how he looked...so I too will be getting this.

As for why I’m a bit bummed and disappointed...cmon guys, let’s have some diversity here. I want more figures based off of Asian actors. Give me my Chow Yun Fat, Prime Jackie Chan, Sammo Hung, Yuen Biao, Jet Li, Michelle Yeoh, Andy Lau, Hiroyuki Sanada, Takeshi Kaneshiro, SONNY CHIBA. These guys are awesome actors and kick SO MUCH a**!

SooSooToys’ Kenshin looks amazing and I’m so happy they’re making him. But I want more.

Like...my collection is filled with AMERICAN superheroes and AMERICAN icons. Give me my Asian a** kickers and name takers. They’re legends too 😉

Another one…? Meh.

With all due respect, you can say that for just about everything right?

Another Batman, another Gandalf, another Joker, another Aragorn, another Legolas and so forth and so forth.

Other than Inflames, how many versions of THIS Wu Kong exists? At least this will be an official product, with InArt quality. This is gonna be a good one.

I know a lot of people have their wants and desires...but Asian Heroes portrayed by actors have been woefully ignored for far too long. I’m positive people in China are thrilled with this tease.

1674475631634.png

The inArt version of this Monkey King will look superb. I did not see the movie yet but I also no longer collect superhero figures and if I was getting a one-off figure, I would buy this over any superhero figure. Many Chinese and Japanese movies are fantastic and I am so tired of superhero-related content.

I have noticed plenty of comments saying "Who asked for this?" on social media and what I see when reading those is entitlement. Keep in mind, InArt main market is Asia/China so I say to those who cry about this reveal ... Be happy you even can get any InArt figure.

Last edited:
oaIahkv.jpg

Does anyone know who the character might be?

Edit: According to a comment on Facebook, this could be from the Black Myth: Wukong game.

daZXY7g.png
Definitely referencing to the Pandora's Box in A Chinese Odyssey by Stephen Chow.

It was one of his best work that mixes comedy, slap stick humor (mo lei tau as the Hong Kongers called it), drama and a tragic love story in a 2 parts movie.

The gist of the story is an alternative telling of the Journey to the West where the Monkey King (Sun Wukong played by Stephen Chow) was inccessantly frustrated with Tripikia (Monk)'s constant naggings and decides to betray him but was intercepted by other gods and was almost put down but a sacrificial play by the monk got him reincarnated as a human instead and that came with all the hijinks as the reincarnated Monkey King (now known as Joker) rediscovers himself and finds out his true destiny. If you have not watched it I would highly recommend watching it (with the original canto dub with English subtitles) because at one moment you find yourself laughing along and the other, find yourself emphatizing with Monkey's inevitable destiny.

This is the movie that showcases Stephen Chow's acting ability that he could also play dramatic roles (before that he was just known as a comedy actor which is very hard to shake off) which also influences his other roles in future movies that the Western side may know more such as Kung Fu Hustle and Shaolin Soccer.

Above all, this movie casted quite a few A-listers (or up and coming A-listers) that would dominate the Hong Kong film industry in the decades to come, which was rare even till today.

Have I also mentioned that the movie has some really good soundtrack?

The 'mo lei tau' part of the movie:

The drama part of the movie (which is also the cliffhanger of Part 1 of the movie so spoilers if you intend to watch this):

The tragic love story at its climax where Monkey King is forced to make a difficult choice (spoilers too):

I imagine a standard pack would consists of just the Monkey King which other companies have attempted before (both official and non official). An example of how he looks like in his Monkey King mode:
51JlHn064yL.jpg

The Deluxe Pack would probably consists of Monkey King (with rooted hair) and Joker (human form with rooted hair)
MV5BMjUzMmRiODEtMjNhNi00YmVkLWJiNGQtNDYyMzExYmY4ODA2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTU1OTUzNDg@._V1_.jpg

You can see Joker holding the Pandora's Box here, which is basically a time travelling device in the movie. It may not resonate as well to the Western audience but I think this could be a hit with the Eastern audience, especially kids who grew up watching Stephen Chow's movies are now adults with earning power and wished to capture a moment of their childhood memories.

Last edited:
Back