Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek TOS Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Kirk and Spock

Looks great, but I think Spock's skin tone should be lighter.

Yeah agreed about the skin tone. And Kirk's hair/toupee should be blonder on top and darker on the sides as well. But still, the figures look absolutely fantastic and I won't mind at all if I need to repaint them a bit.

Although I do hope they've at least made Spock a bit taller like he should be. In that first pic it kinda looks like they're the same height...

The boots are screen accurate which means they wrap around the legs and angles at skin tight level. The picture at Toy Fair was taken by a mobile phone (I assume). At that angle, anything further away from the lens will appear smaller. With the skin tight boots, and the angle of the lens, the boots do look small. But rest assure that at correct level, they look really good, at least to me.
eedb35e995b0a364e1dabc63203b500e.jpg

Note that the uniform color is the official "avocado". It will change colors through out the day. In the morning with direct sunlight, they look "avocado", but at night, they look yellow. And if you put the uniform next to yellow fabric, they look green, while putting against green fabric, they will look yellow. (Similar to teal)

This is the true color of TOS "Commanding Gold", and the fabric used is the miniature of the actual fabric used in season 3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is pretty damn awesome - You have my full support with this line!

When should these go up for preorder? Just joined the Quantum Mechanix site - You guys will have an EX type offerings?

Last edited:

Ok i gotta be serious.. can someone make a poll or something to try and get the spock fascinating sculpt approved! Seriously guys we could miss out on that crazy awesome sculpt!!

also... why is spocks hair colour different.. i can see two completely different colours on his sides and front.. is it supposed to be like that? Stands out alot

I hope not.

Because apparently their international delivery rates are a joke.

:exactly: I missed out on Mal because of that. Despite QMX telling me it would all be okay beforehand. I do NOT want to miss these too.

I hope not.

Because apparently their international delivery rates are a joke.
Maybe if enough of us gripe about it they'll do something about it?

Kirk and Spock 2-Pack for $300? [emoji6]

Yeah, their international shipping is an abomination, so they really do need to do something to address that. And sooner rather than later.

Holy Crap... these look fantastic!

So glad to see QMX taking some big steps into 1/6. I'll be getting the TOS figures for sure.

Now, I'd buy that in an instant! Sadly, this will be the price of a single figure, shipping not included.
I'd guess they'd be the same as Mal - $180 each. So $300 for the pair isn't that unrealistic as a come and get me. Huh, QMX, huh??? [emoji6]

I'd guess they'd be the same as Mal - $180 each. So $300 for the pair isn't that unrealistic as a come and get me. Huh, QMX, huh??? [emoji6]

:lol Good luck with that. Would be awesome though.

Haha, you don't ask, you don't get! :)

That is true. But, this is QMX we're talking about, so knowing my luck it will be $300 for the pair, with $600 shipping to the UK.

So, that's $900 +20% VAT = $1080

$540 per figure. BARGAIN! :slap

That is true. But, this is QMX we're talking about, so knowing my luck it will be $300 for the pair, with $600 shipping to the UK.

So, that's $900 +20% VAT = $1080

$540 per figure. BARGAIN! :slap
Yeah, but I see forbidden planet are doing Mal for £139.99 so we could be better of going local.

Sounds like QMX needs to consider an Int'l partner, to get those EX ones over to all for a reasonable price.....

Sounds like QMX needs to consider an Int'l partner, to get those EX ones over to all for a reasonable price.....

Yep. There are some retailers selling them in the UK, but they're a bit on the pricey side compared to our US brothers and sisters. Mind you, the couple that are selling Mal at £139.99, isn't too bad - about £15 more than US + £11 Shipping. So, there's still hope for these Trek figures yet.

tumblr_m77x5lM45W1qhqtzy.jpg

They look AWESOME........

Yep. There are some retailers selling them in the UK, but they're a bit on the pricey side compared to our US brothers and sisters. Mind you, the couple that are selling Mal at £139.99, isn't too bad - about £15 more than US + £11 Shipping. So, there's still hope for these Trek figures yet.

Fingers crossed. I like the idea of 'everyone that wants one, can get one'

Suggestions for EX:

Kirk = 1:6 charlie x (hey, go big or go home)
Spock = Pon Far vulcan raging portrait

Back