Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek TOS Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Kirk and Spock

Does anybody know what the Facebook page is called for Quantum Mechanix? Thanks.

sleeves.jpg

Is anyone else bothered by how the braid on the sleeves are now?
What is that, like plastic or something? Old photos showed actual cloth braid there. Now they're still thick, bulky stuff.
I don't like the looks of it and I'm terrified pieces are going to fall off.

View attachment 246830

Is anyone else bothered by how the braid on the sleeves are now?
What is that, like plastic or something? Old photos showed actual cloth braid there. Now they're still thick, bulky stuff.
I don't like the looks of it and I'm terrified pieces are going to fall off.

These are prototypes. The braid will be much thinner on the production figures and will be sewn into the sleeve seam.

Can someone please post a link to where these guys can be pre-ordered.

Can someone please post a link to where these guys can be pre-ordered.

Patience, my friend. Dave said these won't be up for a couple of months.

Us lot here in the UK need to sort out a good supplier for these anyway because of shipping.

Us lot here in the UK need to sort out a good supplier for these anyway because of shipping.
Maybe before release, QMX will improve their international shipping situation. But then of course there's the customs and handling fee(?) on top, so ultimately it will probably be better going with a local supplier.

Yep. There are some retailers selling them in the UK, but they're a bit on the pricey side compared to our US brothers and sisters. Mind you, the couple that are selling Mal at £139.99, isn't too bad - about £15 more than US + £11 Shipping. So, there's still hope for these Trek figures yet.
What retailers were you refering to?

Think he was referring to Forbidden Planet.

Not just Forbidden Planet. There's others that say they're sold out but I have asked them and they're going to let me know when they have stock. I'll post it in the Mal thread as soon as I hear. Should be in the next couple of weeks.

Well, in all likelihood, Cotswold will offer them. That's still in the us, so still custom fees, but their shipping is usually correct. In Europe, I'm pretty sure La cité des nuages will offer them. Maybe Machine Gun too.

Well, in all likelihood, Cotswold will offer them. That's still in the us, so still custom fees, but their shipping is usually correct. In Europe, I'm pretty sure La cité des nuages will offer them. Maybe Machine Gun too.

I know about La cité des nuages, but not tried them yet. I absolutely refuse to use Machine Gun ever again.

We need a good UK based supplier that we can then all get behind. Apparently, a distributor went out of business and really messed up all the QMX preorders, so retailers had to get stock from other US based retailers, thus bumping up the price.

There's a list of most in the 1/6 retailer thread - Link is below in my signature.

La Cite des Nuages is awesome. I've used them countless times. And they probably will carry it since they carry Firefly Mal. And I'm surprised you've had trouble with Machine Gun. They usually offer a flawless service. I guess you were unlucky. To me, the best British site is probably Collectable Kitbash, but I don't know if they'll carry this

I think you'll want the exclusive versions of these.

Just sayin'

Maybe I missed it, but was an exclusive announced? Did they show anything?

I think you'll want the exclusive versions of these.

Just sayin'

Don't say that, Dave!

I REALLY wanted the exclusive Mal, but because of QMX messing up the shipping, I'll have to make do, and pay more, for the standard version. . .:gah:

Back