Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Wrath of Khan Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one of Nanjin's custom TWOK Kirks, and I'm looking forward to seeing this new sculpt painted.

Still not totally sure about the sculpts, but the outfits look incredible.

Outfits look incredible indeed. As I mentioned I think perhaps the turtleneck collars could be a bit more detailed as far as accenting the lines a bit more, but that's something VERY minor and nothing more than a nitpick. Would by no means keep me from getting any of them.

A poor sculpt though, however, would.

I'd never buy just Kirk and Spock, personally. If there were no plans for McCoy then there would be no plans for me to buy. They'd always look incomplete without McCoy to me.

I'd never buy just Kirk and Spock, personally. If there were no plans for McCoy then there would be no plans for me to buy. They'd always look incomplete without McCoy to me.

Yeah that would be the ideal, but Kirk and Spock have still always felt to me like the far more iconic characters of TOS, so I would have no problem simply having those two on a shelf together.

I would buy anything from TWOK. Khan, Terrell, anything. I'm would love to see Spock come with a radiated head and a set of gloves to make it the ultimate TWOK Spock

If I already had McCoy represented in TOS characters, I personally could live with just a TWoK Kirk and Spock. While McCoy obviously has a significant part in it, the heart of the film is obviously this:

Spock2.jpg

If one had no TOS figures and wanted exclusively film renditions of the characters to serve as their ST display, then yeah, I could see how the absence of McCoy would be a bit blasphemous. But eh, I think I could still live with it if you were going for a pure TWoK display, for the reason mentioned above.

McCoy was in those scenes, too, and to me, just as important. Spock had to nerve pinch him to get past him and into the chamber, and of course mind melded with him. Plus it was McCoy who called Kirk down there after the fact, after he and Scotty had to witness Spock's sacrifice, as he ignored their pleas to get out of the chamber. He and Scotty had to restrain Kirk from opening the chamber, and remained mournfully in the background (along with Scotty) during the live long and prosper scene. Seems pretty crucial to me... :p

But, you know, we all see things our own way, so to each their own. :)

Might as well make Scotty while they're at it then also, with that being the case. :lol

No I agree that McCoy obviously had a significant part as I mentioned, but I think if you were to whittle down a display to simply represent the bare bones essence of the film, I feel those figures for TWoK would be Kirk, Spock and Khan. Which is why just Kirk and Spock are fine with me personally.

To each their own though indeed. :duff

Might as well make Scotty while they're at it then also, with that being the case. :lol

No I agree that McCoy obviously had a significant part as I mentioned, but I think if you were to whittle down a display to simply represent the bare bones essence of the film, I feel those figures for TWoK would be Kirk, Spock and Khan. Which is why just Kirk and Spock are fine with me personally.

To each their own though indeed. :duff

There is a lot of interest in Scotty in his Engineering costume from WOK, so I think he should be made. I'd like one of every main crew member from TOS and at least one to represent them later from the movies.

Does the 2017 jacket still have the seam down the front middle?

The jacket appears to be unchanged from 2016 to me.

SDCC 2016:

WOK1 - Copy.jpg

WOK3 - Copy.jpg

NYTF 2017:

Kirk_Spock2 - Copy (2).jpg

Kirk_Spock3 - Copy.jpg

The movie uniforms did have the seams. Possibly more pronounced on the figure uniforms, but it is probably difficult to replicate this type of subtle seam on 1/6 scale article of clothing.

KirkUniform1.jpg

SpockUniform1.jpg

I don't get why they couldn't have painted these by now. It's been almost yr.

I don't get why they couldn't have painted these by now. It's been almost yr.

I wish there would have been more progress made on them as well. They appear to be busy with the TOS crew right now, which is cool. Maybe now that McCoy has been released, and Scotty and Sulu are progressing nicely, they will resume work on TWoK figures.

There is a lot of interest in Scotty in his Engineering costume from WOK, so I think he should be made. I'd like one of every main crew member from TOS and at least one to represent them later from the movies.

I mentioned it before somewhere, but I'd really dig some TUC figures. Would serve as a nice bookend to TOS figures as well as accomplishing what you mentioned.

Back