Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Wrath of Khan Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Khan is a must have. Looks fantastic and I think it was a good decision to go with rooted hair

Those are must buys for me, especially with Khan.

Naijin said Q1 2018 for these so maybe Kirk will get a little more work so he's as good as the TOS sculpt.

The head sculpt on Kirk looks good but the paint apps look a little soft but it could be the lighting. There is something a bit off with the sculpt on Spock but again, it could just be the camera angle. Would like to see some close up, straight on pics of both. Still getting them, they are awesome. And TWoK Khan is amazing.

They all look great. Now if they'd do a Commander Kruge from Search for Spock as well, that'd be amazing. Can't have enough Christopher Lloyd characters in your collection.

Kirk looks like he could use some work. Spock looks great as does Khan. These are the versions I really want for the TOS crew.

They all look great. I like the material they're using for the jackets. I wonder if Kirk's 'lapel' can hang open like it does in the movie? I presume they're not done with Spock, as he's missing his rank insignia.

My wishlists of changes/add-ons for these figures (maybe as QMX Exclusives?):
-Kirk's reading glasses (tricky in 1/6 I know, but age and mortality was a major theme the film, and he's got the book. Maybe we could have both undamaged and damaged versions?
-Spock's radiation gauntlets/gloves - from that iconic moment. Christ I'm getting choked up just thinking about it!

If I shoot for the moon:
-A photon torpedo casing
-An alternate 'burned' headsculpt for Spock
-Kirk's 'winter' coat

Hmmm, maybe I'll drop these suggestions on Nanjin's facebook.

They all look great. I like the material they're using for the jackets. I wonder if Kirk's 'lapel' can hang open like it does in the movie? I presume they're not done with Spock, as he's missing his rank insignia.

My wishlists of changes/add-ons for these figures (maybe as QMX Exclusives?):
-Kirk's reading glasses (tricky in 1/6 I know, but age and mortality was a major theme the film, and he's got the book. Maybe we could have both undamaged and damaged versions?
-Spock's radiation gauntlets/gloves - from that iconic moment. Christ I'm getting choked up just thinking about it!

If I shoot for the moon:
-A photon torpedo casing
-An alternate 'burned' headsculpt for Spock
-Kirk's 'winter' coat

Hmmm, maybe I'll drop these suggestions on Nanjin's facebook.

So what you're saying is that you want a dead Spock on display?
It's an iconic moment in the film, but I wouldn't want to look at it on display every day.

Khan looks utterly spot on. Kirk and Spock, however, look a little off to me. I think the QMx OT Spock bears a better likeness, and I think that one is the worst likeness thus far of the OT figures.

SDCC-2017-QMx-Figures-014.jpg

SDCC-2017-QMx-Figures-012.jpg

The WOK Kirk headsculpt does not look quite
Like Shatner in my opinion

The TOS Kirk is much more like Shatner in my opinion

Spock looks better than Kirk, but is still a weaker likeness in my opinion than the OT Spock figure, which I think is the weakest likeness thus far of the OT figures.

Back