Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Wrath of Khan Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"B" has a serious design flaw;who in their right mind puts the main propulsion units DIRECTLY behind the secondary propulsion units?This is the sort of construction that tends to come to a fast and very exiting end(can you say"BOOM"?)...PS

I love talking starships!

#1 For me, it will always be the classic Constitution Class starship. It's harder angles and finned nacelles give it a look like a '56 Chevy.

starship_enterprise_by_davemetlesits.jpg

#2 Conversely, I do love the Galaxy Class as well. It epitomizes the stream-lined, soft angular vision of late-eighties sci-fi, plus I love the enormity of the vessel.
fb_cover_enterprise1.jpg

Those two have grown to become my favorites as well, even though initially I didn't care much for them. The original always looked pretty clunky and boring to me as a kid, but the more I got into the retro scifi thing the more I really grew to love the design (and seeing it realized on screen in a much better way in the DS9 episode probably helped a bit too).

FB_IMG_1480711670561.jpgI really like the Archer class in the Seeker novels.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Those two have grown to become my favorites as well, even though initially I didn't care much for them. The original always looked pretty clunky and boring to me as a kid, but the more I got into the retro scifi thing the more I really grew to love the design (and seeing it realized on screen in a much better way in the DS9 episode probably helped a bit too).

When I was a kid and first got into Star Trek around 12, I LOVED the refitted Constitution class and also found the original pretty boring. But, like you, my appreciation stems from my upmost respect for source material, and, I LOVE the 2006 40th Anniversary SFX clean-ups they did on TOS.

To me, the Enterprise is a thing of beauty. There may be many versions, but you always know it when you see it.

So,anything new on the actual figures this thread is about?I,for one,am stoked to get them...PS

It only makes sense. You won't see more finalized versions of these until TOS Kirk and Spock have been largely exhausted. People are gonna buy the iconic versions first, wait until that's largely off the table to put out variants.

It only makes sense. You won't see more finalized versions of these until TOS Kirk and Spock have been largely exhausted. People are gonna buy the iconic versions first, wait until that's largely off the table to put out variants.

This.

Let people play with these first, then let them decide whether they want to either swap these out or add on, as opposed to giving people a choice between the two right out of the gate.

New pics of TWoK Kirk and Spock from ToyFair. It looks like they may have tweaked the head sculpt on Kirk from when they were first shown at SDCC 2016. Not sure about Spock. This is my favorite Trek movie. Really looking forward to these.

Kirk_Spock1.jpg

Kirk_Spock2.jpg

Kirk_Spock3.jpg

Looks like the same, unpainted sculpts to me. I do think perhaps the turtleneck collars could be a bit more detailed, as far as accenting the lines in a bit more. Really curious to see how these turn out.

Looks like the same, unpainted sculpts to me. I do think perhaps the turtleneck collars could be a bit more detailed, as far as accenting the lines in a bit more. Really curious to see how these turn out.

They may be unchanged. The lighting and camera angle made Kirk's eyes look different at first glance. I wish they would have done more work on these since last July.

SDCC 2016:

WOK2.jpg

NYTF 2017:

Kirk_Spock2 - Copy.jpg

Back