Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Lt. Sulu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's probably 6 or 7 dollars of plastic in the picture with Kirk and Spock. I buy a roll of filament at about 17 or 18 bucks. I print at about 3 percent infill to make it last longer. You can adjust that to save time and materials

Well sir, you did a great job!, How difficult is this process? Would you be willing to take orders? It amazes me with how little the leading companies try to offer items (Dio environments) like this, especially with how easy it seems for 3D printer owners to create. All I have right now for an Enterprise NCC-1701 Bridge dio is a DIDA DISPLAY deluxe bridge for my Mego/Retro collection. A 1:6 dio environment would be very welcome.
IMG_0548.jpg

Last edited:
I'd be interested in a 1/6 Chekov/Sulu console too, Sybeck1. If you ever decide to supply them. Keeps us going until QMx decide if they're going to make them one day or not.

I can always make more but I would have to charge a little more for the time the machine runs, but not much more. That whole setup above would take a full weekend to run or maybe a little more. My wife hates me to run it when no one is home but what she don't know... And sometimes it does go down in needs of repair. It was down most of July because of a part. So someone would have to know that can happen. It's not a perfect science. Right now I am out of filament until tomorrow so it is idle.

I started out printing all black parts, I moved to white as you can see above, but now I think I am sold on natural. That will allow you to have a good transparent look to the red alert warning thing in the middle. I like this scale a lot better than smaller ones because you can get more detail. Below are some of my other recent work. The pistols were painted by my ten year old.

New pictures of Sulu from TF 2017!
It looks like they modified the head sculpt:
QMX TF2017 Sulu 001.jpg
QMX TF2017 Sulu 002.jpg
QMX TF2017 Sulu 003.jpg

Pictures are from Toy News International btw.

This one is from Toyark:
QMX TF2017 Sulu 004.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure what to make of it. Looks better, but still quite a way off, IMO. Now it looks too narrow in that picture.

Without context and a yellow shirt, I'd have no idea they were supposed to be Sulu.

sulu.jpg

From what I can tell, eyes, eyebrows, lips, and nasolabial folds all look new. It's an improvement.

Last edited:
Looks good to me. Reading George is 5'5" in real life. Will this be shown in plastic?

It looks better overall, but personally it still doesn't look quite Sulu enough for my tastes, especially compared to the other likenesses. At least based on what I can see in those pics, anyhow.

The eyes definitely look to be improved, the nose and upper lip look touched up as well. But, now the face appears to be thinner and shouldn't be.

Yep, some exotic drink he favoured.
Can't remember which episode it is from. There were a few that included Scotty getting drunk or getting somebody drunk, IIRC.

Please, God, I hope that sculpt is revised again. Still a long way to go.

If that's produced, that'll be it for me, I think. They've got progressively worse, in my eyes.

Back