QMx Star Trek TOS Command Chair

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you want lights and sound with your TOS command chair?

• I like the lights, don't need sound

Votes: 35 50.0%
  • Must have lights and sound!

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • No lights, no sound - only silence.

Votes: 16 22.9%

• Total voters

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
You may have seen the TOS Captain's Chair at SDCC. The chair lights up so that the armrest lights turn on and cycle through a yellow alert and a red alert. Would you want to have sound with this as well?

San Diego Comic Con QMx 1-6 scale articulated action figure Star Trek The Original Series Kirk a.jpg
photo by www.thetrekcollective.com/

If you are going to go with electronics go all the way. That said an AC plug adapter is an absolute must if I am ever going to display this with lights. Batteries suck.

I like lights but only if the switch isn't a beach to get to. For some of my figures I'd use the lights more if I didn't have to take the figure apart to get the switch.

At the prices of these things already, I'm sure the chair will be costly so I wouldn't be mad if it were just stationary.

Lights could be cool for pic-takin', but not necessary. Get too crazy with the gimmicks and you end up with a giant Hallmark ornament.
It would be cool if Kirk ends up looking that good (li' paunch n' all) sitting in the chair...

It simply comes down to cost for me. I don't want to pay as much for the chair as I paid for the figures. If there has to be a gimmick I'd say lights before sound. Any way to give us an idea on what each version would cost?

If you're going to do lights the next question is if there's a plug in feature. Otherwise it's the ironman problem.

Hmm, never considered the 'Vader' problem before I voted for ful gimmick, BUT you won't need to undress this so....full gimmick for me.

Any eta on when we might see this?

Back