QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I of course also love my original QMx Picard by Nanjin and his creative team -- it's great. Waiting around for QMx to produce Data, Geordi, Riker, etc. seems unlikely now, so the earlier TNG uniform idea was a good compromise -- just so that Picard is not alone. This was my first ever attempt at dremelling the neck off and hollowing it out. Finesse is key and I may still need to make the "rim" of his neck base thinner so it sits more flush with the neck, but it isn't obvious as long as I don't look for it from the back. It was a fun project.

Yeah. Most people would scarcely even consider it. It's a lot of fun when you get it right.

Sounds like you have a lot of experience with the neck removal procedure. How close to the jawline do you usually go? I did the usual straight across the base of skull of Picard's anterior hairline adjust below ears, then an abrupt downward slope while hugging the jawline left going under the chin with a curve. I took too much from under his chin though, as it does not sit flush on the current neck.

It's a tight line you walk, getting it right. You just need to keep test fitting the head till you get it right.
I normally chop the neck and then refine the interior line till it fits on the neck i am using for that figure.

9F704C68-52C8-41B1-A4B9-92922F779D72.jpg

C9312191-3EB4-4019-A6CC-F67B035486E2.jpg

588F259C-D777-4FBD-A2B0-E26AA145B450.jpg

I am beyond confused. So nanjin claims (and I'm not doubting) that both Kirk and Spock have been delivered, but there's no news on when retailers will be getting the figures to ship to us?

Screenshot_2019-12-06-10-33-30-10.jpg

Plus they gave Planet Action Figures' allocation of Sulu to Sideshow, so a figure that was said to be so imminent we had to pay up front will now have been delayed for a year if we ever see him.

:impatient::mad: :impatient:

That probably explains why Planet Action Figures have no pre orders for Kirk and Spock and are not interested in getting them in despite them being the distributers for the UK.

So QMX has NO news or nothing to say on THEIR OWN product they advertised as shipping two months ago??:rotfl

I'm new to the forums but have been reading this one for months. I have had QMX Scotty and Sulu on pre-order since Feb 2019. From the sound of it these figures aren't close to being re-released correct? I have deposits on both from reputable companies here in the US. Any clue if you guys think these will actually be made and shipped next year? From the looks of it both figures sound dead in the water. If so I'd like to just move on and cancel my orders. I have all the QMX TOS figs to this point besides these guys. What an absolute letdown if QMX doesn't deliver.

I canceled my Scotty and Sulu today. Even if they do manage to produce Scotty and Sulu its even less likely they ever get to Uhuru and Chekov. I've given up on Qmx and I'm perfectly happy with Kirk, Spock, McCoy and the captains chair. I'm not wasting any more of my time waiting around when there are other figures that money could go to.

Do a responsibilities timeline. Then you will see why

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk
Perhaps I'm missing something, but what else is there? When you said you'd finished up Kirk and Spock, did that mean all figures were manufactured? If so and QMx has received them, what is there that's left to do?

That probably explains why Planet Action Figures have no pre orders for Kirk and Spock and are not interested in getting them in despite them being the distributers for the UK.

He did have a small amount for pre-order back in August, and was expecting them to ship by September:

Aaron Russell

Admin

August 8

I have managed to secure an incredibly small amount of Kirk and Spock re-release. These will need paying upon ordering and are ?180 for Spock and ?190 for Kirk. They will not ship until 4-6 weeks.

Again, like Sulu, they needed paying up front.

I canceled my Scotty and Sulu today. Even if they do manage to produce Scotty and Sulu its even less likely they ever get to Uhuru and Chekov. I've given up on Qmx and I'm perfectly happy with Kirk, Spock, McCoy and the captains chair. I'm not wasting any more of my time waiting around when there are other figures that money could go to.

Exactly being loyal and holding out for what...….? Frustrating to say the least

Saw a reasonably good deal on Kirk and Spock on eBay and snapped them up last week. More than I?d like to have paid but prefer the stress-free knowledge that they?re mine rather than waiting for months on PO?s which may not materialise in the UK.

No regrets - Kirk is one of my favourite 1:6 figures I?ve ever bought and worth every penny.

Why is nobody taking pictures with their figures anymore?

I have been looking for Christmas sweaters for years. Yesterday I found these tree ornaments. But there was only one sweater pattern so I bought the two socks as well, and today I cut out and sewed on different patterns so Kirk, Spock and McCoy all would have slightly different sweaters. But still someone is not happy!

Sweaters 1.jpg

Sweaters 2.jpg

Sweaters 3.jpg

Why is nobody taking pictures with their figures anymore?

I have been looking for Christmas sweaters for years. Yesterday I found these tree ornaments. But there was only one sweater pattern so I bought the two socks as well, and today I cut out and sewed on different patterns so Kirk, Spock and McCoy all would have slightly different sweaters. But still someone is not happy!

View attachment 472686

View attachment 472687

View attachment 472696

So classic!

Seeing as QMX has dropped the ball on this line, i'd be very happy to see a 3rd party offer uniform sets for sale, male and female versions. Then at least we can have some generic crew members.

What is the current situation with Sulu and Scotty ?
Are they not being made ? What about all the preorders?
I thought they are coming out ?

Seeing as QMX has dropped the ball on this line, i'd be very happy to see a 3rd party offer uniform sets for sale, male and female versions. Then at least we can have some generic crew members.

I’d like to see Nanjin produce his own Trek figures, sans license, and give the middle finger to QMX for dropping the ball, and make all the money himself by finishing the TOS crew — and then moving on to the other series.

Back