QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm confused, I've got both Scotty and Sulu on order with Planet Action Figures UK, does this mean QMX are taking my money with no intention of fulfilling the order or that we are going to have another delay probably because of Chinese New Year. It was my belief that both the figures were in production for release in Q1 2020.

I'm confused, I've got both Scotty and Sulu on order with Planet Action Figures UK, does this mean QMX are taking my money with no intention of fulfilling the order or that we are going to have another delay probably because of Chinese New Year. It was my belief that both the figures were in production for release in Q1 2020.

I think that is the official position. Nanjin is just saying that if they want to hit that deadline, they need to start making ppreparations well in advance, and they don't seem to have started that prep.

Given that the figures sold out quickly, I think that they'd be nuts not to fulfill existing orders at the very least but of course it's possible that they move the release date again. If Kirk and Spock sell well too, I would hope that this will give encouragement to complete the TOS line at the very least.

Even with Nanjin's enthusiasm in the development and planning, QMX as very slow to produce these figures. Without him rattling their cage, it seems likely that they will slow down even more, with an increased risk of the line suffering an icy death in the coldness of space.

As collectors and fans, all we can do is send the message that we are still interested. Presumably they have to produce something every so often to keep the licence.

GameStop’s website is showing Sulu back in-stock. After Nanjin’s discouraging news, I decided not to pussyfoot around with pre-orders anymore and just ordered the damn thing in case QMX does a complete bellyflop with the license.

I actually feel relieved that I was priced out of the market after Bones and the chair. I've got the trinity and the chair and I'm very happy with the setup. I really don't think my anxiety could cope with all the uncertainty and delays. I certainly couldn't afford to have ?300+ for two figures tied up indefinitely.... For those of you in the uk still waiting for Sulu and Scotty, I really hope your orders get fulfilled eventually, and I have nothing but admiration for your patience.

(Edit: slightly weirded out that the board won't show a GBP 'pound' sign... it's automatically turned into a question mark for some reason)

i usually just take a quick glance at this thread for word of new releases. I didn't realize all this was going on. Glad I got Sulu from BBTS when I did, although if I can't finish the crew at some point, I might go ahead and sell the ones I have.

I'm glad I passed on Sulu. I'm fine with the big three and Scotty. If I had picked up Sulu and then QMX never releases Chekov and Uhura, that would royally suck.

I'm glad I passed on Sulu. I'm fine with the big three and Scotty. If I had picked up Sulu and then QMX never releases Chekov and Uhura, that would royally suck.

I don't have Sulu yet but I want a TMP lineup so I was always likely going to need customs. It's just a case of how many.

How soon until Sideshow sends people who preordered the Kirk and Spock re-issues an e-mail notice that the figures have been canceled and refunds their NRDs? Star Trek is rapidly approaching a level of popularity that it has not experienced since the 1990s and this is how QMX wants to treat this license? What a shame...

How soon until Sideshow sends people who preordered the Kirk and Spock re-issues an e-mail notice that the figures have been canceled and refunds their NRDs? Star Trek is rapidly approaching a level of popularity that it has not experienced since the 1990s and this is how QMX wants to treat this license? What a shame...
Re issue of Kirk and Spock werent cancelled. They are already in QMx's hands.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Re issue of Kirk and Spock werent cancelled. They are already in QMx's hands.

Thanks Nanjin! That is actually the BEST news I have heard in this thread in quite a long time! :)

Maybe I misled people. But re release Kirk and Spock will be available soon I believe.

Maybe I misled people. But re release Kirk and Spock will be available soon I believe.

I do not believe that you have misled anyone I think it just appears that QMX does not have very much passion for the Trek license or interest in seeing it flourish.

"Jim, you're too tense, you need to relax, you have some awful knots in your shoulders!"

"I can't, those pesky Tribbles are everywhere!"

(This picture was made for the prompt word "relaxation")

Relaxation - closeup.jpg

Question - I?m in the UK and everywhere is sold out of Kirk and Spock pre-orders. Are QMX likely to have more stock available directly once they get close to release, or am I going to already have to brace myself for the resale market?

Question - I?m in the UK and everywhere is sold out of Kirk and Spock pre-orders. Are QMX likely to have more stock available directly once they get close to release, or am I going to already have to brace myself for the resale market?

They haven't even filled the initial pre-orders on Scotty and Sulu, so I'd say, yes.

I had been hoping to get the 2.0 Kirk and Spock by Christmas but I guess it is not happening :(

I don’t think I have ever felt as let down by a company as how I feel like I have been let down by QMX and the ST line. I was very upset when Sideshow’s Lord of the Rings 1/6 line died and fizzled out into nothingness and it seems like QMX is handling the collapse of ST even worse than that. I wish they would come forward and make a definitive statement on production and a timeline for the figures.

Back