QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too would love to see Nanjin continue on with the line and be given free reign to lead it how he sees fit but he would need the license in order to do it. I would imagine QMX would not take kindly to it if he started producing the figures on his own while they are sitting there with the official license.

QMx's 1/6 efforts effectively died long ago and it took Nanjin to come on board to get everything rolling - well beyond Star Trek. Now with him gone... Prognosis not good.

Happy to have gotten Scotty some months ago directly from the man himself, thanks Nanjin!

What is the official news on Sulu and Scotty?

Are they more than likely not produced with
Kirk and Spock still in Limbo?

I?d like to see Nanjin produce his own Trek figures, sans license, and give the middle finger to QMX for dropping the ball, and make all the money himself by finishing the TOS crew ? and then moving on to the other series.
I had a plan. A plan that could make collecting Trek figures a fun experience.

The whole process of collecting including waiting time are part of the product line.

..[emoji24]

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Why is nobody taking pictures with their figures anymore?

I have been looking for Christmas sweaters for years. Yesterday I found these tree ornaments. But there was only one sweater pattern so I bought the two socks as well, and today I cut out and sewed on different patterns so Kirk, Spock and McCoy all would have slightly different sweaters. But still someone is not happy!

View attachment 472686

View attachment 472687

View attachment 472696

These are fantastic shots. I love your sense o humor!

Yeah. Most people would scarcely even consider it. It's a lot of fun when you get it right.

It's a tight line you walk, getting it right. You just need to keep test fitting the head till you get it right.
I normally chop the neck and then refine the interior line till it fits on the neck i am using for that figure.

9F704C68-52C8-41B1-A4B9-92922F779D72.jpg

C9312191-3EB4-4019-A6CC-F67B035486E2.jpg

588F259C-D777-4FBD-A2B0-E26AA145B450.jpg

I like your approach...very straight forward and direct. Looks like you got a final result with a nice thin edge that will be flush against the neck on the figure body. I may need to try it again to get a fit like that. I've already drilled-away too much of the neck. Thanks for the demonstration.

I like your approach...very straight forward and direct. Looks like you got a final result with a nice thin edge that will be flush against the neck on the figure body. I may need to try it again to get a fit like that. I've already drilled-away too much of the neck. Thanks for the demonstration.

No worries. If I get around to doing it to one on my Picards, I’ll take pics as I go.

I would love it if Nanjin also revisited the AOS/KTL crew...
I really need an Urban McCoy to go along with Pine Kirk and Quinto Spock. Also, that would give him a chance to revisit the blue shirt, which came out slightly too dark on Spock...

Exactly being loyal and holding out for what...….? Frustrating to say the least

I have absolutely no confidence in the company anymore and no reason to believe they'll continue to deliver trek. So it's just easier to cut my losses.

QMX is extremely frustrating. They could have had a solid thing going with their Trek line. They focused to much on the original crew. Great for people who like the original however. They should have released figures from other shows and kept all the fans happy. Like others I have given up hope on this company. Would have loved next gen figs and seven of nine on my shelf.

Is not for QMx. Is for me.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Well that is a giant disappointment just like this whole QMX debacle. I hate to say but with all your posts about Trek figures it gave a lot of people false hopes that these characters were going to get produced at some point.

Last edited:
Well that is a giant disappointment just like this whole QMX debacle. I hate to say but with all your posts about Trek figures it gave a lot of people false hopes that these characters were going to get produced at some point.
That's the whole point? I mean at that time Nanjin was running that along as best as possible. Getting folks' hopes up spurs interest in investing in a line. It's QMX that failed and didn't deliver on Nanjin's capabilities.

Hey gang,
I just now joined this site.
I have a question...
I managed to collect all the QMX TOS Star Trek figures from Kirk all the way to Sulu.
Doe's this mean that there will be no Chekov or Uhura???
Thanks,
-Jim G.G.

Back