QMx 1:6 Star Trek: TNG - Jean Luc Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take off the uniform, soak it in water to remove the excess dye. That only works if your neck hasn’t been stained yet though.

I just got a Picard for $80. I knew it might be a return with staining, but I wanted to get one for my bf for his birthday because he loves TNG (I'm a TOS gal myself). In fact, the staining was super duper bad, and it was underneath the protective plastic, so it was definitely a return. But he was an exclusive version (wasn't advertised that way), and I knew about the potential for staining in advance especially at a price too good to be true. So, anyway, I popped the head off, applied a few coats of a reasonable skin tone semi match that I quickly mixed, and I think eventually I'd do a full repaint to be happy with the head if more staining doesn't occur, but for that price he's decent enough for the shelf with a halfbaked neck job.

But anyway, I'm new to collecting and what I've seen in both my new McCoy through Sideshow as well as Picard that I didn't expect from figures at this price are the seam lines across the head, hairline, and skull. This is my biggest complaint about the line because in the hair, it would be very difficult to remove a seam line. I now have quite a few resin heads and not one of them uses this technique of pouring the face apart from the back of the skull, so none but my qmx figures have this problem. I know qmx prices their figures below other similar manufacturers, and I really like their trek figures, but I think this blemish makes it difficult to view the figures from the side with any degree of realism, and it's not something I've seen mentioned in the threads I've read, but now that I have 2 figures, I can see it is an ongoing problem for this line.

But, if painting a seriously blemished neck doesn't phase you and you've skipped out on Picard until now, there's a few more out there at that price. But, as I said, the staining is very bad on these particular figures so don't try to buy them for resale. I'm sure there are a few collectors who'd like him at that price even blemished for their personal collection. And there's no promise the others are / are not exclusives.

((Edit: Figures at that price point are now sold out))

WOW! Thanks gin007 I just picked up a second Picard for $80! Looks like I'll be making a Dixion Hill figure and adding myself to the TNG crew!

Last edited:
Make it so!

_DSC3057a.jpg

My discounted Picard arrived from Walmart and I used it to make a private detective Dixon Hill custom. I have to work on the hat, tie and stand but for now I'm happy to have him on the shelf. Turns out it was an exclusive version so now I have a phaser rifle too!

20190524_232318.jpg

Back