QMx 1:6 Star Trek: TNG - Jean Luc Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was taught by the locals to test the fabric by soaking it in boiling water for 15 minutes. Or soak it in water that has higher acid level (ph) over night, then wipe the fabric onto a white piece of paper with a pointed object to see if it leaves any stain.

I did all the above and a lot more.... I only proved the is not a foolproof method but just a method that is better than.not doing anything at all.

After the incident, I called the founders of AXX, EX, Cxxxmxxxl, PXX, about the stain.

Then, I found out the followings:

1) only unsafe or toxic dye will have no stain on PVC because the color pigmentation are bold to the thread

2) staining has no time limits. It might not stain now, but stain in the future.

3) PE films going between PVC and dye fabric DOES NOT prevent staining. (This is why all new EX basketball figures with black uniforms are packaged separately)

4) as of today, there is no 100% foolproof remedy, thats why ALL companies put film to cover PVC parts. (very luck dependent)

5) the staining phenomenon is still in Gambling stage. No one knows the outcome at all.

So, I invented a new procedure, and some friends who are in production are using this method. Seems like it work... but it is effective but inefficient. It is only a HOPEFULLY preventive measure before production.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Really do appreciate the insight, so basically we're all ****ed!

So are there no other black fabrics you can use that won't stain like that? I just assumed it was because these 1/6 companies were getting fabric that had a lot of extra dye put into them, because they thought it made the outfits stand out more, or because it was cheaper somehow. Because I've never had any issue with the black fabric I've used for my customs.

No. I assume something similar but in reality is a totally different story. New fabrics will be used, and the collar will be done differently for subsequent TNG releases.

Last edited:
If there was a version of Picard with the captain jacket it buy it in a second.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Hello folks, I had a wonderful time talking with you guys just like before I started working in this field.

I dont belong in this post, so I will leave.

Feel free to visit me on FB or PM me if you have some abnormal issues with the products received.

Take care [emoji868]

Hello folks, I had a wonderful time talking with you guys just like before I started working in this field.

I dont belong in this post, so I will leave.

Feel free to visit me on FB or PM me if you have some abnormal issues with the products received.

Take care [emoji868]

Wow. Way to kill the line's new momentum.

It's a shame that we will not be able to engage with Nanjin on this thread because it certainly stoked excitement for these upcoming figures. Fortunately as pictures are released and pre-order information is posted the momentum will pick up. In fairness I do not think a single one of us who posts on this thread would continue to do so if we even suspected that posting had the potential to put us at risk with our employers so Nanjin stepping back is completely understandable. I love talking to him on this thread but given a choice between Nanjin making posts or Nanjin making Star Trek figures with QMX I will take the figures every time!

I gotta say this...these companies (any 1:6th company) need to engage more with the customer...us/the collectors...or this hobby will die

So foolish... sigh...

I gotta say this...these companies (any 1:6th company) need to engage more with the customer...us/the collectors...or this hobby will die

So foolish... sigh...

Seriously? So you think the line will die without the collectors that happen to belong and follow this forum? You do realise what a small percentage of their sales must come from here right?

It's a shame that we will not be able to engage with Nanjin on this thread because it certainly stoked excitement for these upcoming figures. Fortunately as pictures are released and pre-order information is posted the momentum will pick up. In fairness I do not think a single one of us who posts on this thread would continue to do so if we even suspected that posting had the potential to put us at risk with our employers so Nanjin stepping back is completely understandable. I love talking to him on this thread but given a choice between Nanjin making posts or Nanjin making Star Trek figures with QMX I will take the figures every time!

Yup, I'm just glad we got to learn as much as we did, and it's certainly more than we ever got out of QMX!

And honestly a lot of Nanjin's plans sounded a bit...overly-optimistic to me anyway, as far as all the figures he talked about releasing this year. I'd obviously love for it to happen, but I just don't see QMX being capable of something like that.

Yup, I'm just glad we got to learn as much as we did, and it's certainly more than we ever got out of QMX!

And honestly a lot of Nanjin's plans sounded a bit...overly-optimistic to me anyway, as far as all the figures he talked about releasing this year. I'd obviously love for it to happen, but I just don't see QMX being capable of something like that.

This is more realistic. We'll see how many actually are out by New Years.

After my Scotty arrives if one more figure (Sulu?) is released this year I will consider it to be a good year for Star Trek figures and be pretty happy. 2 figures this year will be 2 more than were released last year!

Yeah I would probably be happy with that too, especially with all the other preorders I have this year. As long as I know that many more Trek figures are coming, that's good enough for me.

Honestly, after Scotty and Sulu, I'll be impressed if they are able to also get Uhura out by the end of the year. If they managed to do all that and more, I'd be pretty amazed, really. We'll see, I suppose. :)

I was fiddling around with some different bodies for Picard, to get his tunic to fit a little better. The one that finally worked, with the the help of a liberal dose of Dremeling the neck opening, was the QMX Captain Mal body. The head sits a little lower on the shoulders, but the body is just a bit taller. The shoulders are wider, which makes for a better fitting jacket on Jean Luc. I'm satisfied for now. Those darn rank pips, however popped off during the repeated removal of the jacket, I almost lost them. I paid more attention to the comm badge going forward. It looks better now.

Tom

Any chance we could see a pic? I would definitely like to make my Picard taller (since he looks so glaringly short next to my TOS figures), but I wasn't sure if the tunic might end up looking way too short next to the longer legs I'd be giving him...

Has anyone figured out a decent way to remove the staining on Picard's neck and/or prevent further staining? So far I just have a little clear plastic tape lining the collar, but I'd like to find a better solution.

Has anyone figured out a decent way to remove the staining on Picard's neck and/or prevent further staining? So far I just have a little clear plastic tape lining the collar, but I'd like to find a better solution.
Possible solution, Oxy 10

Back