QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no Kaylee figure yet to speak of; just this statue.

BzjFTi4CMAE-1m_.jpg

There is no Kaylee figure yet to speak of; just this statue.

BzjFTi4CMAE-1m_.jpg

Kaylee statue looks great!
- Slight issue with the shoes though - pretty sure she had platform flip-flops. Doesn't bother me all that much, but if you're going to do it - I guess with the cult following this show has, you probably should do it right :lol

I'd like to see them get at least ONE character from Firefly out before they start focusing on another series. If they plan to put out the entire crew of the Serenity, it's going to take about 15 years at this pace.

The first one is always the toughest.

On that note - I had the opportunity to handle the latest production sample of Mal this week. Andy and his team are dedicated to making this figure as good as it possibly can be. I have to say that the tailoring is top notch, you won't see better on a Hot Toys figure. The coat is really a work of art. I had some issues with the sculpt paint, as do the QMx team, so I'm afraid it's another round with the factory.

But that's what takes so long with these things, the factory may try and get away with some things because they haven't worked with QMx on this type of product before, but QMx isn't allowing them to do that.

I think 1:6 collectors and Firefly fans who have never bought at 1:6 figure before will be really pleased what with what finally gets released.

That's really exciting to hear, Dave. :clap

I'm so glad they're playing hardball with the factories on this line. Don't care how long it takes.

I just wish more companies had either the will or the power to do likewise.

The first one is always the toughest.

On that note - I had the opportunity to handle the latest production sample of Mal this week. Andy and his team are dedicated to making this figure as good as it possibly can be. I have to say that the tailoring is top notch, you won't see better on a Hot Toys figure. The coat is really a work of art. I had some issues with the sculpt paint, as do the QMx team, so I'm afraid it's another round with the factory.

But that's what takes so long with these things, the factory may try and get away with some things because they haven't worked with QMx on this type of product before, but QMx isn't allowing them to do that.

I think 1:6 collectors and Firefly fans who have never bought at 1:6 figure before will be really pleased what with what finally gets released.

That is awesome! but then not awesome! haha. Is it just the head that is going back, I assume so? Thanks for the update!

I'd love to have Mal in the next couple months. It'd be cool to get Fillion's autograph on the box at Dallas Comic Con in May. I'm also hoping QMx brings Jayne to the con.

Can't imagine he'll be ready to ship if qmx still doesn't have him up for PO. Would be amazing though. This is one of my most anticipated releases for the year.

Can't imagine he'll be ready to ship if qmx still doesn't have him up for PO. Would be amazing though. This is one of my most anticipated releases for the year.
Somewhere in this thread Andy mentioned preorders from qmx wont go up until he is about 30 days from their warehouse.

I hope you guys are right and he does ship in March!

That said, I wouldn't put a ton of stock in BBTS's availability estimates. Unless you hear something directly from a person, I think those are largely automated and update at the end of the month automatically if a figure doesn't ship. Meaning, if something was listed as expected in February but it doesn't show up in their warehouse, at the end of February, it changes to March automatically.

Mal may have switched over to March because he was originally listed as Q1 and March is now the last month in Q1. That may have just been the computer updating. If there isn't any news by the end of March, I think it'll roll over automatically to April.

But personally, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for March!

Back