QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last report was that the tailoring was second to none. Just some headsculpt paint help was needed.

If I'm remembering correctly, the delay wasn't because they needed time to improve the figure, but they were trying to lock down a better factory. Hope they've got a great one!

Last update was about the paint app.

9310f75d191daa2bd8215bc129b05eb8.jpg

Considering we all want this line (I"m assuming) to go at least through the main crew, it's a relief to know they are working so hard on the flagship figure. The worst would be that they get three or four figures in and consumers start wishing they would re-do number one to match the quality. I'm impressed with the commitment.

Considering we all want this line (I"m assuming) to go at least through the main crew, it's a relief to know they are working so hard on the flagship figure. The worst would be that they get three or four figures in and consumers start wishing they would re-do number one to match the quality. I'm impressed with the commitment.

I agree to a certain extent. My concern about these delays, are how long do they have the license to make 1/6 figures? If they take too long, we'll be lucky to get even 1 or 2 figures, and I want the entire crew. I'll be bummed if that doesn't happen.

Ok seriously, is this figure ever going to come out?? I know it was only officially announced a year ago, and I'm normally a pretty patient guy, but it still feels like we've been waiting an eternity for this thing. :impatient:

I was disappointed that QMX wasn't at Dallas Comic Con last weekend. I was hoping to hear some news from them there.

Yeah, over a year now since they showed the prototype, but still no production piece? I wonder how many years they've been working on this figure since original development.

Hopefully they are working on the other characters as well, otherwise you could be looking at 5+ years before the regular crew are done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, over a year now since they showed the prototype, but still no production piece? I wonder how many years they've been working on this figure since original development.

Hopefully they are working on the other characters as well, otherwise you could be looking at 5+ years before the regular crew are done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's what I was thinking too. I'm all for getting the piece right, but as you say if this is only the first it could be hell even 10 years before the set completes :thud:

The wait isn't bothering me, the wait and no updates like we WERE getting bugs me.

They aren't going to be able to avoid providing an update at SDCC...although what that might be is anyone's guess.

Back