PureArts: Assassin’s Creed Desmond 1/6 Scale Articulated Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have been in at like $150-170. Not $370 lol what a joke. Hope they fix that sculpt. We need Damtoys back.
Seriously. Every day that goes by I regret not getting their Altair. Managed to grab the Ezio before it sold out. It's hood has issues but compared to what PureGarb is putting out, it's was the deal of the century at only $230

geez this looks like a Redman Toys/low end 3rd party figure. No way this thing is worth $400 ($370+shipping & tax).

The handgun and earpiece are laughably oversized. Crazy that Ubi-Soft gave them the license over DamToys. I wonder if PureArts said they've give UbiSoft a bigger piece of the pie if they made them and just beat out whatever DamToys was asking for.

It’s also possible Damtoys just chose not to renew the license. Maybe they didn’t sell enough figures for it to be worthwhile. I know Assassin’s Creee is still doing well overall but many of the hardcore fans that bought this kind of stuff have left the franchise. We’ll see if Mirage brings them back.

The real highlight of this figure:
Screenshot 2022-11-10 at 14-26-49 Assassin's Creed Desmond 1_6 Scale Premium Articulated Figure.png

And wtf is with that price?! Thats what something like a Hot Toys Mandalore figure will cost us here in Can.
But paying that for this swtoys , slapped together looking kids toy?! Purearts can suck some major arse for this one.

Screenshot 2022-11-10 at 14-29-21 Assassin's Creed Desmond 1_6 Scale Premium Articulated Figure.png

Considering how Ubi butchered Desmond's story, I wouldn't even want a 1/6 version of him. I always thought the Desmond story would eventually escalate (as gaming tech got better) to where we would be scouring city skyscraper roof tops with him, offing the templars in their high class tower suites in a solo game some day as a full fledged assassin. But nope!
Still pisses me off when I think about it. lol
Exactly ...why would I want a Desmond figure? Oh look its the guy that I played in a few intermission scenes that kept interrupting the historical story, across 3 games and then they killed him off and almost erased his storyline entirely in order to make it an ongoing series.
And lulz at count down pictures. Oh man, only 72H now to go to see it!!! :D

The modern part of AC is and always has been the weakest, most drudge-worthy part of the franchise. Should have left it in the past from day 1.

716B4E0A-868A-4278-B10E-427075E8DBB8.jpeg
20C04B5D-1AA7-48B4-92B3-B359540B634E.jpeg

PureArts is the true definition of “mid.” I received their Dragonborn figure last week and it’s lacking in every way. Tomato splatter paint job on the arms, terrible body, no weathering on the gauntlets/boots even though they’re from the same armor set as the helmet he’s wearing. And the fur is completely out of control. Didn’t take me more than an hour before completely deconstructing the figure and completely mod it to look somewhat salvageable, just waiting on a body.

For this price point it’s almost criminal, I say stay away or wait for it to hit 30% off on Sideshow when it releases in 2 years.

I knew this was going to be trash. Lets be honest Pure Arts has a long way to go before it makes anything good which is sad as third party companies can make better figures.

This is the prototype... if they choose a good china factory (damtoys used the same that use hot toys) it can turn out good.
If they use the same factory that thirdy party company use the figure turn out trash and should cost 160 $ like redman

View attachment 607151View attachment 607152
PureArts is the true definition of “mid.” I received their Dragonborn figure last week and it’s lacking in every way. Tomato splatter paint job on the arms, terrible body, no weathering on the gauntlets/boots even though they’re from the same armor set as the helmet he’s wearing. And the fur is completely out of control. Didn’t take me more than an hour before completely deconstructing the figure and completely mod it to look somewhat salvageable, just waiting on a body.

For this price point it’s almost criminal, I say stay away or wait for it to hit 30% off on Sideshow when it releases in 2 years.
Thats what I eventually did when I got my V figure from them.
The head sculpt came with a slight defect on the nose, some sort of small round indent. Contacted them about it, they told me it wasn't "that big a deal", and that it wasn't bad enough for them to send out a replacement. I paid 336 bucks for this figure, I kind of expect quality control to be better for that price.
So now I'm in the process of just repainting the entire sculpt myself. I kind of doubt it can end up looking much worse than it already does.

And it sucks for me too. Since I'm in Canada, and PA is a Canadian company, I'd definitely like to support them. But if the customer service and quality is this poor, then that company is absolutely begging to get **** on by collectors! And not to mention they used a crappy repainted $30 Poptoys body for the female V!
And I know I **** on SWtoys a lot too, but to their credit, their prices usually reflects the quality of the product most of the time.

This is the prototype... if they choose a good china factory (damtoys used the same that use hot toys) it can turn out good.
If they use the same factory that thirdy party company use the figure turn out trash and should cost 160 $ like redman
Nope.
View attachment 607151View attachment 607152

I mean the prototype didn't look good and you still bought it anyway :lol

Back