Statue Prime 1: The Terminator - T-800 (Police Station Shootout) 1:2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Terminator : T-800 (Police Station Shootout) 1:2

Pic by johntang1026:

r11Ns1L.jpg

Well here's one thing that I feel improves it, at least from the following angle

xUZDDWh.jpg

Definite improvement, but the jaw is way to prominent, too wide from the front view. There's definitely something wrong around the eyes too. A-dev, I know you'll be on this. I still have all those fixes you did to Ulli's Tech Noir, so I know you and I are on the same page. Please help AllHailMegs see what this is supposed to look like.....not just throwing a football helmet on his head.

Definite improvement, but the jaw is way to prominent, too wide from the front view. There's definitely something wrong around the eyes too. A-dev, I know you'll be on this. I still have all those fixes you did to Ulli's Tech Noir, so I know you and I are on the same page. Please help AllHailMegs see what this is supposed to look like.....not just throwing a football helmet on his head.

Haha, well I'm not gonna go down that road again with an all new head. Besides the redrawings of the Ullipekka head that I did are actually terrible. That whole thing fell far, far short of what I was hoping to do. My aim with that was to draw a convincingly 3D and lifelike portrait of him and, from that, create all manner of variants from T1, T2, Total Recall etc - the different hairstyles, different eye/brow expressions etc. My hope was that they could serve as reference material for people who were actually physically sculpting him. I'm just not good enough at drawing though, I'm not capable of understanding light and shadow to the degree that one would need to pull this off. I tried for almost 2 years and even at the end my model looked like trash.

However, I didn't completely abandon the idea. I'm still working on something that's mostly finished, I just want to get a bit more precise on some things. I'll PM you.

Isn't silicon decomposes after 10 years? I am just asking. I heard these rumors before. Or this was the case with the old movie props but they are now using different materials which are last a lifetime.

At least it'll double as the Tanker Truck Pursuit version too. :monkey2

maxresdefault.jpg

why did i always think his collar was up in that scene?...
must recheck it.

Pics by Kelvin Loke:

wgBSAcQ.jpg

yi4taW0.jpg

YfYUrjN.jpg

ngBPtSa.jpg

Hx1adtY.jpg

CXTnEqp.jpg

RMpXlIr.jpg

pQBVoYj.jpg

JUm5cGy.jpg

16qpD4T.jpg

Now this actually looks a lot better here. Fantastic looking statue. Wow.

Is there plans to work on the head sculpt some more? To be honest that first shot is no where near prime 1 standards.

He looks better in the newer pictures. Very cool statue over all....

maybe you need a pair of glasses, or u will be terminate from Arnold :exactly:
but the hair looks terrible on the side

The pants look very beige, like the stock pants of Hot Toys MMS136.

maybe you need a pair of glasses, or u will be terminate from Arnold :exactly:
but the hair looks terrible on the side

You're really going to keep this up? Seriously? The SS premium format is far superior in likeness to Arnold at 1/4 scale than this is at 1/2 scale. This should be dead on and not just look like a stunt double at 1/2 scale. I don't need glasses. I'm surrounded in my house by stuff that is actually good. These are my life size Terminators and this is what Arnold SHOULD look like.
014.JPG
IMG_3176.jpg
227CED26-4ECC-4852-8BF9-FFFBFBF41310.jpg

Last edited:

The pants look very beige, like the stock pants of Hot Toys MMS136.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Hoping it's just the lighting. Colors are really hard to tell sometimes. I come to appreciate more and more all the time the great job SS did with their Premium Format.

I have no interest in this piece OR the franchise - but spotted this post of yours.

Now THAT is a huge black mark against PRIME1 as far as I am concerned. Makes me re-think becoming a customer - maybe I won't order their Jungle Hunter and City Hunter after all :dunno

To be fair, I think there are just a couple of power hungry mods on that FB page rather than it being P1 themselves. But they certainly don't do the company any favours. Treat yourself, I probably will lol....

It looks really bad in that comparison. The mouth and that tiny forehead with its fat rolls.

Do you by any chance have some dead-on straight portrait shots of that bust or the life size Tech Noir - ideally they'd be the exact same angle and distance from camera as that pic I PMed to you. They could be useful for what I'm doing.

Back