Statue Prime 1 Studio x Blitzway: The Dark Knight: 1/3 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my Joker today, and he looks terrific! The expression is growing on me, and it really does look better in person. I feel like the paint looks really good tbh. I'm still excited about the bust though. I will display both headsculpts, I like the original that much.
congrats!

Just got my Joker today, and he looks terrific! The expression is growing on me, and it really does look better in person. I feel like the paint looks really good tbh. I'm still excited about the bust though. I will display both headsculpts, I like the original that much.
Awesome! Glad to hear that you like it. Still waiting on mine.

I jumped ship on this one once we had some reliable in-hand looks at the production sculpt. When they recently showed the production portrait for the bust, it renewed my interest. I pre-ordered the bust a few weeks ago with the intent of purchasing the statue sometime in the future. Well the future presented itself today on eBay. $1175 shipped?? Hell yeah.. the savings justify having to buy the bust. I’ll land around retail price for the statue but I will have both portraits.. the way it should have been sold in the first place!!

That's a steal price. See I think this one may be more worthwhile to grab later on down the line when it presumably drops in price. I bet Sideshow will have it for a while.

Defo, to pick this up at discounted price as well as having the bust head is the ideal scenario for 1/3 Ledger collectors

If these new bust heads in fact look like the final production piece we are seeing now then I have no doubt that these 1/3 will start to sell immediately. I speak for myself and maybe a few others when I say why the hell would you want to display such a great portrait on a tiny little black slab with graffiti on it only? It really needs the body to give it that presence.

I jumped ship on this one once we had some reliable in-hand looks at the production sculpt. When they recently showed the production portrait for the bust, it renewed my interest. I pre-ordered the bust a few weeks ago with the intent of purchasing the statue sometime in the future. Well the future presented itself today on eBay. $1175 shipped?? Hell yeah.. the savings justify having to buy the bust. I’ll land around retail price for the statue but I will have both portraits.. the way it should have been sold in the first place!!
Congrats! That's a great price. Did you end up buying the DX for that price? Fantastic deal either way.

Don't think I've actually seen a side by side of P1s attempts before.
277664087_974011120152554_6752759006658901502_n.jpg

Man I remember back in the day everyone going on about Adam Gu's sculpts, and they're really dated now. Some of the one's coming out from the custom community have come a very long way.

I have the P1 1/2 and 1/3 and you can definitely see the paint apps better by the years despite the 1/3 paint apps not being on par as the proto it’s still better than the 1/2. Gu is still a great sculpt that got ruined from the lite paint apps from P1. They need to do less airbrushing and more hand painting. Glad I got this statue as the bust will elevate it more.

Those are really nice, but that Prime sculpt he did is dreadful compared to these. But I think there's better from other artists now, all subjective mind you.

[…]

I agree. While Adam still does great work, other artists have caught up to him so he’s no longer the only game in town for a quality Ledger Joker sculpt like he was back in the day.

Last edited:
Pictures of the bust from overseas. Consensus?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1649315641726.jpg
    FB_IMG_1649315641726.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 72
  • FB_IMG_1649315644634.jpg
    FB_IMG_1649315644634.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 74
  • FB_IMG_1649315647398.jpg
    FB_IMG_1649315647398.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 70
This company is a total fraud.

Prototype / Announced Production Piece / Received item