Statue Prime 1 Studio x Blitzway: The Dark Knight: 1/3 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm waiting to reserve judgment until I receive the bust. I like the sculpt it comes with to begin with. Most of the people that have received this piece like it, so I'm not really worried. The bust still looks good to me so I'm sure I'll be satisfied.

What a difference we see when harsh lighting isn't used on pics or videos. I watched a review where a collector used harsh white lighting and displayed the piece against a white wall while recording. Everything about the piece was less defined and washed out. The statue looked horrible. Then I see a few videos that used proper lighting against darker backgrounds and the colors on the piece really pop for me. The titanium boy review as well as the one above do a fantastic job showing off this statue. The BSC review also does a great job making sure the lightning looks good during recording even though he has a much lighter background than the other 2 reviews I mentioned.

Titanium boy's video was the first one that really restored my anticipation with this piece. I've seen a few more after it that simply confirms my anticipation. My only real gripe now is that my statue is floating out there somewhere in a container and I have no idea when I'll get it.

My only real gripe now is that my statue is floating out there somewhere in a container and I have no idea when I'll get it.
You are not alone. I am in the same boat literally. Good news is that P1 just sent me an email that my bust is being prepared to ship so when I get the statue I won’t have to wait long for the new head sculpt.

Yikes.

Attachments

• 278579956_5357572597595606_6285030555776856730_n.jpg
    278579956_5357572597595606_6285030555776856730_n.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 103
  • 278201946_5357634247589441_1416555031627176410_n.jpg
    278201946_5357634247589441_1416555031627176410_n.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 98
Looks awful and doesn't suit the statue at all.

The Prime 1 Joker certainly didn't turn out as good as the proto but it's still arguably better than the JND. You can't reasonably criticize the Prime 1 out of one side of your mouth and then praise the JND out the other side. Both statues have their problems. The JND statue is hyper realistic and has better paint apps but the likeness is subpar, the tailoring is bad in places, and the hairline is wrong.

Last edited:
I agree that both the JND and the P1 are not perfect pieces, and at this point from everything I've seen it's Queen that has them both beat. JND is definitely better than the P1 though; the bust could have swayed it but P1 dropped the ball again. :panic:

I agree that both the JND and the P1 are not perfect pieces, and at this point from everything I've seen it's Queen that has them both beat. JND is definitely better than the P1 though; the bust could have swayed it but P1 dropped the ball again. :panic:

The sculpted Queen appears to be the best value for your money but it isn't perfect either from what I have seen. None of them are. But you can't tell me this is a good likeness of Ledger Joker. And look at the lapels and stitching on the jacket. Yikes.

hqdefault (4).jpg

maxresdefault (12).jpg

Those photos aren't in very good lighting at all. I'm waiting for some actual reviews with good lighting and picture quality. Other pics I've seen of the final product look pretty good.

The Prime 1 Joker certainly didn't turn out as good as the proto but it's still arguably better than the JND. You can't reasonably criticize the Prime 1 out of one side of your mouth and then praise the JND out the other side. Both statues have their problems. The JND statue is hyper realistic and has better paint apps but the likeness is subpar, the tailoring is bad in places, and the hairline is wrong.
lol I didn't even mention JND, what are you on about? It's a Prime 1 thread lol. I didn't even mention the whole statue, just the bust, which is nowhere near the prototype. Anyone justifying it is kidding themselves. I had it on order and cancelled it. If people are still happy to spend their money on this then good for them. It looks rubbish to me. If you think this looks better than the JND statue then you need glasses.

Since you brought up JND, no it isn't perfect, but that statue craps all over this, and the production piece was 95% close to the prototype, so if you liked it at pre-order then you'd be happy with what you received in hand (I am). They didn't do a bait and switch like Prime 1 did.

I get not everyone will like it and everyone's taste is subjective (not that I actually care), but this statue is so below the prototype quality and that's my main issue with it.

The sculpted Queen appears to be the best value for your money but it isn't perfect either from what I have seen. None of them are. But you can't tell me this is a good likeness of Ledger Joker. And look at the lapels and stitching on the jacket. Yikes.

View attachment 572739

View attachment 572740
There is nothing wrong with the likeness. You just chose an awful pic to try and prove your point.

Just to inform you. After showing with respect my opinion on this figure on Prime 1 Studio Instagram apparently they ban me so I cannot see or comment his account. That shows what a miserable, liar and absurd company Prime 1 Studio it is. Instead of improving or dialogue they preferer to shut up or delete what they are not interested consumers see.

I canceled all my preorders. I never will be buying nothing from this company.

Back