Statue Prime 1 Studio x Blitzway: The Dark Knight: 1/3 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sculpted hair is amazing. Just need another portrait. Crazy because Prime 1 usually has four damn portraits for every piece, and we can?t get TWO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks pretty good - but I doubt production will be great. Seen more photos of the x Blitzway Joker and the paint app and tailoring compared to proto photos looks really bad.

Looks pretty good - but I doubt production will be great. Seen more photos of the x Blitzway Joker and the paint app and tailoring compared to proto photos looks really bad.

Blitzway has become garbage. The Phoenix Joker is awful, far from production pics.

Blitzway has become garbage. The Phoenix Joker is awful, far from production pics.

That's why this was an easy pass. I don't trust how this will come out. Not to mention Im not a fan of the smile. I am really eager to see in hand photos. But again, I passed cuz that bull dog smile lol!

There's multiple photos from various shows last year - the sculpt still looks good, but the paint app looks completely washed out and one-note, bland and lifeless. The suit material doesn't look as good or as well-tailored and the base looks extremely plasticky - the photos themselves aren't the greatest so that factors in, but at least everything that I've seen I've gone from having to have it to wanting to stay far away.

There's multiple photos from various shows last year - the sculpt still looks good, but the paint app looks completely washed out and one-note, bland and lifeless. The suit material doesn't look as good or as well-tailored and the base looks extremely plasticky - the photos themselves aren't the greatest so that factors in, but at least everything that I've seen I've gone from having to have it to wanting to stay far away.

Agree the sculpt still looks decent but everything else is a significant downgrade. I don't get it painting and clothes should be much easier than getting the sculpt right, simply mind boggling. The base paint and texture is atrocious, reminds me of big game hunter Pred base, it's like no one cared and slapped on one layer of cheap paint. It looks terribly cheap that affects the overall feel of the statue.

I don't think Prime 1 would be silly enough to stuff up the Ledger joker, or the Jungle Pred, they know well these heavy hitting characters, if not recreated faithfully, could catch on like wild fire and even affect their statues in other lines. Still it's stunning they've become so hit and miss with their products.

that's one of the reasons I haven't preordered yet even tough I love the sculpt. with all the licenses acquired I think they bit off more than they could chew which is why their newer statues are often hit or miss. I also don't like the fact that their bases are getting bigger and bigger.

that being said, I'm cautiously optimistic on this piece since the character is too popular for P1 to fail or disappoint so I think they will go the extra mile.

Is up at sideshow, looks really nice with light up base and accessories. Both versions are the same price and bonus comes with clown mask

Is up at sideshow, looks really nice with light up base and accessories. Both versions are the same price and bonus comes with clown mask

It's a sharp looking statue. I POd it from a store not too far from where I live. Paid in full. Just have to pick it up when it arrives. Hoping that the production pieces live up to the prototype.

Just ordered from SS with $400 RP points. This is a great looking statue and comes with everything under the sun for him. Excited.

Attachments

• AAA the-joker-bonus-version_dc-comics_gallery_602c439859638.jpg
    AAA the-joker-bonus-version_dc-comics_gallery_602c439859638.jpg
    478 KB · Views: 81
I am very undecided between this and the rooted queen studios that I will receive soon and i cannot take both for reasons of space.
I'm uncertain because the joker and the batman queen studios are a little off the scale compared to the bane and selina of the p1s that i have.
I will evaluate in the next few weeks, but I am really very undecided and I really like this joker.

I am very undecided between this and the rooted queen studios that I will receive soon and i cannot take both for reasons of space.
I'm uncertain because the joker and the batman queen studios are a little off the scale compared to the bane and selina of the p1s that i have.
I will evaluate in the next few weeks, but I am really very undecided and I really like this joker.

This one would prob fit better in terms of scale, which batman are you going for?

Damn, I'm so glad I POd this from a store not too far from where I live. This would've cost me around $1800 if I POd it from sideshow. I was able to get mine for $1350. I just have to pick it up when it arrives.

I preordered the queen studios, but i am thinking of cancel it and looking for a ps1 one.

To each their own, but I think this looks pretty bad and that's a prototype. If they went with a different face it would have been a good piece. But that smile ruins it and the whole sculpt. Where as QS, I know what they put out. With the last joker. So, theirs will no go out unless perfect. Or nearly close to it. Like the 1/3rd. I still don't see what the P1 one fans see in this. That smile kills it for me. But Im going for QS rooted by Viper and then JND. So, I am jokered out! Peace. Maybe some can clue me in on what is so good on this statue besides the base. But I buy for the sculpt. Peace.

Ps. If people can not reply with name calling or taking this personal. Please don't comment, we are all adults here. Well, lets hope we act like it.

The queen studios is really really good, but its not in scale with my other p1s the Dark night 1/3 pieces.
The jnd is good but its not perfect too(only my opinion).
I like this p1s, the pose, the base and all the accessoris are amazing but it's true, this smile ruins it a lot.

The queen studios is really really good, but its not in scale with my other p1s the Dark night 1/3 pieces.
The jnd is good but its not perfect too(only my opinion).
I like this p1s, the pose, the base and all the accessoris are amazing but it's true, this smile ruins it a lot.

It is if it was standing up bro! I measured it, but who cares. But the next one is 1/4th. Jnd is 1/3 Plus the prime one has a huge base.

Back