Statue Prime 1 Studio x Blitzway: The Dark Knight: 1/3 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Calm down, we're only talking about statues

I have been nothing but calm. Now, I have to say this. Before someone takes this the wrong way. I say this with all respect.
But you came at me dawg. Just like that other guy who has to trash talk over my different opinion. But you guys are allowed to talk and talk. Then someone replies to me, and I reply back. You jump down my throat telling me that I thought you weren't going to talk about the statue anymore. So now I can talk about the statue? I have thick skin, but this is unreal. Now your cool with it. For the last time its a forum. If someone replies to me and wants an answer, or just wants to know my opinion I will give it. I mean I had one great conversation with a guy, we have opposing views, but we respected each other. That's the problem with people. They don't respect others opinions. Or if they differ and one guy repeats it, its like were crapping all over everyone who likes it. Not the case at all. I buy stuff regardless of what others think. Hell, I wouldn't have half my collection if I listened to people. I mean one guy got warned already because he started with the name calling. Then he has the balls to say did you read what he said. I which case I said nothing, but talking about the statue. That's whats wrong with forum. People take **** personal. I say it for improvements. I don't know anyone on here personally, so why would I ever treat someone with disrespect. I never have and never will. Unless, they come attacking me. Now, lets put this to rest. I don't like the statue. I hope it improves and that's that. Now, are people going to chill when I have something negative to say about a statue? After all for the last time, that is what these forums are for. At least I thought so.

Oh ya, regarding your post. Ya we were talking statues! but you didn't like my opinion so you had to make that known, then I fire back and now were cool. Its all good. Im fine, but just chill out when someone has an opposing view and who cares if they repeat it. Plus, I was having a conversation with someone else. Why do people get mad when someone has an opposing view, I heard many people not like the JND or QS piece. But I don't chime in. Im getting it regardless. Now regarding Estark, buddy. First, comment like an adult and Ill treat you like one. I wish everyone well. Its just statues. Not life and death. Its a fun hobby, but I would get rid of every statue I own. to get my brother back. Hell, even my english bull dog.

The more I think about it the more I'm convinced P1 should have at least provided the option for a portrait switch out, even if it cost an additional $100-$200. A collector mentioned this on this thread and I think he is bang on right. They may have wedged themselves into the corner with the 'why so serious' marketing, but I think for anyone really considering buying this to give this feedback to Prime 1 and ask them to seriously consider this as an option.

The joker barely smiles much in the movie, heck, he laughs more than he smiles. So I think fans are just not use to seeing him smile, especially in this awkward manner. I think it's a very fair observation and Prime 1 wouldn't want to just disregard it if enough collectors point this out. Another normal head portrait would especially complete this piece imo. If I were a serious buyer of this, I would let P1 know. It doesn't hurt them in profits as they can provide the option with the additional portrait and charge an extra few bucks or provide the single smiling head sculpt as the standard version which won't contradict it's marketing.

The more I think about it the more I'm convinced P1 should have at least provided the option for a portrait switch out, even if it cost an additional $100-$200. A collector mentioned this on this thread and I think he is bang on right. They may have wedged themselves into the corner with the 'why so serious' marketing, but I think for anyone really considering buying this to give this feedback to Prime 1 and ask them to seriously consider this as an option.

The joker barely smiles much in the movie, heck, he laughs more than he smiles. So I think fans are just not use to seeing him smile, especially in this awkward manner. I think it's a very fair observation and Prime 1 wouldn't want to just disregard it if enough collectors point this out. Another normal head portrait would especially complete this piece imo. If I were a serious buyer of this, I would let P1 know. It doesn't hurt them in profits as they can provide the option with the additional portrait and charge an extra few bucks or provide the single smiling head sculpt as the standard version which won't contradict it's marketing.

Be careful how many times you criticize the statue. People may starting jumping on you too, LOL. Just messing dawg. I completely agree.

That wouldn't be so easy to do now. It's already up for PO. Some collectors already purchased it (I did). Now, if they release a new version that's a going to cost more and offer another head sculpt, people that already pre-ordered would be upset (I would). I think the best they could do now is offer a separate bust for about $200-$250 with a serious portrait that would have a removable portrait that can be used on the statue. This way, anyone who's interested can purchase it and those that don't want it can pass.

That wouldn't be so easy to do now. It's already up for PO. Some collectors already purchased it (I did). Now, if they release a new version that's a going to cost more and offer another head sculpt, people that already pre-ordered would be upset (I would). I think the best they could do now is offer a separate bust for about $200-$250 with a serious portrait that would have a removable portrait that can be used on the statue. This way, anyone who's interested can purchase it and those that don't want it can pass.

Yeah that's what I meant. Not release a new version, stick to the old but offer a separate portrait as an option, let collectors decide whether they want the additional portrait for a small price or stick to the default for those who don't want it. Can't lose that way and definitely will get more sales, win win situation for all.

7UYwBke.jpg

The hair looks fantastic! They captured the thin, greasy, wavy look perfectly instead of it looking like a chunk of polystone. All the individual strands add so much detail/realism without the need to be rooted.

It will be interesting if they include a second sculpt like they have for their Elvis statue even though that one is solely a Bliztway release, which I guess could make a difference. Shoo probably knows how that works :lecture

Last edited:
The hair looks fantastic! They captured the thin, greasy, wavy look perfectly instead of it looking like a chunk of polystone. All the individual strands add so much detail/realism without the need to be rooted.

It will be interesting if they include a second sculpt like they have for their Elvis statue even though that one is solely a Bliztway release, which I guess could make a difference. Shoo probably knows how that works :lecture

The hair sculpt on this is nothing short of incredible. Best I've ever seen. This is the only piece I have on PO right now and I'm so anxiously awaiting it.

I agree about the sculpted hair on this one. Call me crazy but I'd kinda prefer this kind of sculpted hair over rooted hair to be honest. This looks pretty damn good. I did order the JND studio 1/3 TDK Joker which is my #1 choice over this prime1 and Queen studios. Im going to get one more TDK Joker statue and im leaning towards the Prime 1. Queen studios is awesome but im not feeling it as much as this prime 1 and JND. Probably because of the size and price point. Nonetheless, this prime 1 is growing on me everyday.

Looks perfect from that angle, the paint and sculpt is amazing

From head on it doesn't look quite as good IMO

Great thing about this statue, is it isn't going to sell out any time soon. So, I bet I can pick this up cheap down the line. Depending on how good it comes out. But time will tell. However, to each their own but this to me is in last place. Just because of that stupid smile! Fix that and maybe just maybe they could compete.

I agree with everyone else that the hair is amazing on this piece and I hope every other company takes notice and starts doing sculpted hair like this in the future.

Back