Statue Prime 1 Studio x Blitzway: The Dark Knight: 1/3 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah shipping has been really bad in general. I'm in Canada so I might be extra screwed in that department.

Yeah, you might want to check out some Canadian retailers if you can find any. Otherwise, companies like Sideshow or BBTS might be your best option.

for me the only two real negatives about statues are the shipping costs and that they're space hogs. I guess they could also be seen as positives b/c it forces you to be more particular about what you buy. I see it as a negative b/c there are so many great statues that it's hard to have and display all of them. Let alone store the boxes for larger statues.

I'm limiting my 1/3 statues to 3 characters. I already own the 1/3 Arkham Origins Deathstroke. I have this Ledger Joker on PO. Last but not least, I'm pretty sure I'll be POing the P1 Fabok Batman. That'll be it for my 1/3 collection. I have no room for more of them.

In a lot of ways this statue could be the "be all end all" for Ledger Jokers, though I'm torn on the expression. Gives a lot of character and makes it stand out to so many other Ledger Joker statues and figures. But also, I'm not sure if it captures the character in a way that they intended.

The Queen Studios and JMD almost seem more faithful to Ledger but more boring... I really love the detailed base and the realism with this Prime 1 despite being a little more stylized. It does look like Ledger though, just not an expression we're used too.

I love every aspect of this statue. The thing I like most about it is the portrait. I know it hasn't received universal praise. However, I love his facial expression and the fact that his eyes are adjustable. P1 & Blitzway didn't play it safe with this piece or portrait. As you mentioned, they could've easily went with the same serious portrait that practically every other Ledger Joker has. IMO, P1 & Blitzway took a risk and it paid off for me personally. I honestly don't think I would've bought this statue if it only came with yet another serious Ledger portrait.

I love every aspect of this statue. The thing I like most about it is the portrait. I know it hasn't received universal praise. However, I love his facial expression and the fact that his eyes are adjustable. P1 & Blitzway didn't play it safe with this piece or portrait. As you mentioned, they could've easily went with the same serious portrait that practically every other Ledger Joker has. IMO, P1 & Blitzway took a risk and it paid off for me personally. I honestly don't think I would've bought this statue if it only came with yet another serious Ledger portrait.

I disagree I think it looks pretty bad. But we can agree to disagree. I rather have a boring base and exceptional sculpt over and bad ass base and a side showish pose and bad sculpt. Because that smile looks bad. Where as JND look great and so does QS. Im tired of that stupid ass holding card pose as well.

I think we're on the same page! Though I can totally understand why some people like matturibe1 don't like it. P1 & Blitzway didn't play it safe and therefore it's only natural the piece would be more divisive. I think it's either you love it or you don't, but thankfully we have lots of options so hopefully everyone can get something they're happy with.

IMO all 3 are solid representations, though the JND is way out of my price range (the P1 is already pushing it), and I feel like I wouldn't be satisfied with the QS knowing there is a version out there with rooted hair that I missed out on. :thud: I definitely like the base with the P1 most as it has way more going on in a good way. I also dig the pose with the P1 as I think it captures the hunched over, deranged nature of Ledger's Joker and I think holding up the card with the knife out is my favorite pose of the 3 too. In all the years I've had Ledger Joker's, that seems to be one of the poses I go with most when it comes to figures.

When I first saw this thing, I thought the portrait looked incredible in execution but I wasn't sure if it captured the essence of Ledger's Joker like they were trying too. But I have definitely come around on it more and I think the expression adds another layer of realism and character to the piece; definitely more unique as far as Ledger Joker's go. Not to mention the hair looks phenomenal for not being rooted hair.

The JND joker is Too overrated.
The likeness is absolutely not perfect and I don't even like the pose, no dynamic, it looks like a dummy
For me it is a long way from being considered a grail, as many people do, but everyone has their own opinion.

Quality/price the best joker on the market is the rooted one of queen Studios, But overall this P1s is not bad and even if it has that ugly smile we can not say that it is not look like Ledger or that the likeness is really bad.
For me it's a good Piece And I'm sure it's going to be incredible on display, you can also slightly rotate the base and choose the right angle of pose or likeness you prefere, which is not possible in other statues.

I disagree I think it looks pretty bad. But we can agree to disagree. I rather have a boring base and exceptional sculpt over and bad ass base and a side showish pose and bad sculpt. Because that smile looks bad. Where as JND look great and so does QS. Im tired of that stupid ass holding card pose as well.

That's cool. As I said before, if he wasn't smiling, I'm certain I wouldn't have bought this piece. Again, there's plenty of choices if you want a serious looking Joker. There's only one choice if you don't. I'm thrilled to own the one that's different and I'm glad P1 & Blitzway gave us that option.

I think we're on the same page! Though I can totally understand why some people like matturibe1 don't like it. P1 & Blitzway didn't play it safe and therefore it's only natural the piece would be more divisive. I think it's either you love it or you don't, but thankfully we have lots of options so hopefully everyone can get something they're happy with.

IMO all 3 are solid representations, though the JND is way out of my price range (the P1 is already pushing it), and I feel like I wouldn't be satisfied with the QS knowing there is a version out there with rooted hair that I missed out on. :thud: I definitely like the base with the P1 most as it has way more going on in a good way. I also dig the pose with the P1 as I think it captures the hunched over, deranged nature of Ledger's Joker and I think holding up the card with the knife out is my favorite pose of the 3 too. In all the years I've had Ledger Joker's, that seems to be one of the poses I go with most when it comes to figures.

When I first saw this thing, I thought the portrait looked incredible in execution but I wasn't sure if it captured the essence of Ledger's Joker like they were trying too. But I have definitely come around on it more and I think the expression adds another layer of realism and character to the piece; definitely more unique as far as Ledger Joker's go. Not to mention the hair looks phenomenal for not being rooted hair.

I agree with you. When a company takes risks, not everyone is going to like the results. In this case, I'm thrilled with the results. So much so, that I'm actually buying a movie based statue of a DC character for the first time ever. I don't collect movie statues at all. I'm strictly a comic statue collector. It's actually a rule I have. Well, I'm so blown away and impressed by this piece, that I broke my own rule. That's a rule that lasted about 20 years for me.

I recognize that this statue isn't for everyone. Thankfully, there's multiple options in multiple scales when it comes to a serious looking Ledger Joker. So, those that aren't happy with this statue have lots of different options. Those of us that like this statue for what it is...don't. For me, that's what makes this statue unique and the reason I broke a 20 year rule to buy it. This piece is going to be my one and only 1/3 Joker statue. Given that it's a movie version of the Joker, I never thought that would've even been possible. Yet, here I am just waiting for it to get released so I can go pick it up and add it to my collection.

Last edited:
The JND joker is Too overrated.
The likeness is absolutely not perfect and I don't even like the pose, no dynamic, it looks like a dummy
For me it is a long way from being considered a grail, as many people do, but everyone has their own opinion.

Quality/price the best joker on the market is the rooted one of queen Studios, But overall this P1s is not bad and even if it has that ugly smile we can not say that it is not look like Ledger or that the likeness is really bad.
For me it's a good Piece And I'm sure it's going to be incredible on display, you can also slightly rotate the base and choose the right angle of pose or likeness you prefere, which is not possible in other statues.

I would say JND looks miles a head of this. But again all subjective. However, no company is going to get the likeness dead on because he is gone. No one really knows the true face of joker. However, I believe P1 just looks weird and the dumb holding the card pose. With plastic hair. But P1 fans enjoy it, well then enjoy it. But Jnd looks like they nailed it and so does QS and Ill be getting both and stoked to own. I just don't want to see a review from that sean, flankster what ever his name is. His reviews are crap. I mean he bought the cineamaquette recast predator, said it was better than the original. Then eventually gets the original and changes his story. Guys full of ****. So, any prime one piece he says is a grail. Which I hated their one half heath joker. I had to repaint it. Now it looks sick. But I think the OS 1/3 rooted blows this out of the water. I like p1 I have the alien 3 and love it. But I think P1 missed the mark. But all subjective. Just doesn't look good to me. I guarantee anyone, once the JND comes out. It will be a show stopper and people will be saying damn! Or the QS I wonder which one will be the winner. Either, way everyone wins with what ever they chose.

Obviously this isn?t 100% accurate but I feel they got the Glasgow grin and mouth more from this scene. I don?t see how some say this isn?t accurate? It?s a great sculpt nonetheless but not for everyone. Lots of serious Jokers out there and remember his one question he always asks.

f7dce7682f8828632b733d2ba74fb4ea.jpg

Obviously this isn?t 100% accurate but I feel they got the Glasgow grin and mouth more from this scene. I don?t see how some say this isn?t accurate? It?s a great sculpt nonetheless but not for everyone. Lots of serious Jokers out there and remember his one question he always asks.

f7dce7682f8828632b733d2ba74fb4ea.jpg

Cuz the pose doesn't match the face. Then make the pose this way, I still don't see it cuz his hair isn't this way either in the statue. So, why make a smile like this not matching this exact pose. I find that dumb. But to each their own. This won't sell out, so I have time if I ever want to buy this but It just doesn't match the pose and is weird. But whatever. We all have our perks. But it is way to expressional in the statue. Than this pic. Make the whole pose this way and get rid of the holding the card and heath in a totally different pose. Then we may have something here.

Well they went with a very accurate portrait and a general Joker pose not specific to a scene. Even the base throws everything in there. The likeness is definitely there. Just pose is very specific and not accurate in terms of the movie. They didn’t want to make the same Joker statue like they did before for the 1/2. The Bonus version will sell out like Phoenix statue but regular won’t sell out for some time. But we all know Ledger products will definitely sell out just a matter of time.

Holy S--- you guys weren't kidding about shipping costs. I checked the shipping prices for similar sized pieces to Canada. $200 - $300 USD from BBTS and over $400 straight from Prime 1. And here I was thinking $60 was steep for my Child statue from Sideshow. :rotfl

Thankfully there is a local shop in my city that is taking preorders for this. No import fees and no shipping fees sounds good to me. Only thing is I can't get the exclusive but honestly, for just the bank robber mask it's not a big deal considering the price difference.

Holy S--- you guys weren't kidding about shipping costs. I checked the shipping prices for similar sized pieces to Canada. $200 - $300 USD from BBTS and over $400 straight from Prime 1. And here I was thinking $60 was steep for my Child statue from Sideshow. :rotfl

Thankfully there is a local shop in my city that is taking preorders for this. No import fees and no shipping fees sounds good to me. Only thing is I can't get the exclusive but honestly, for just the bank robber mask it's not a big deal considering the price difference.

Yeah, that's the route I went to PO this. There's a retailer about an hour from where I live that ordered this for me. His shop is actually directly on the way to my in-law's house. So, when it arrives, I'll pick it up when I take the family to visit. The shop owner was able to secure the EX for me at $1350 out the door. That's a HUGE savings over most online retailers I've seen. The only catch was, I had to pay for it all upfront to get it at that price. He had 6 EXs but he is all sold out now. Shipping costs are absolutely insane nowadays. Especially for international customers. I feel very fortunate to be able to get this at the price I paid. I know that any future P1 pieces I buy will be directly from him.

I think the likeness is there, it just boils down to whether or not the expression captures Heath's portrayal of the character for you. Enjoy my obviously highly professional edit.
Screenshot (55).jpg

How quickly do Prime 1 statues sell out? I'm so torn. I think this year I will only be able to buy 1, MAYBE 2 of them. Strongly eyeing the Batcave Hush Batman, Comic Harley Quinn and this Ledger Joker. Any input at all? I really don't know what to do because all of them look outstanding IMO.

How quickly do Prime 1 statues sell out? I'm so torn. I think this year I will only be able to buy 1, MAYBE 2 of them. Strongly eyeing the Batcave Hush Batman, Comic Harley Quinn and this Ledger Joker. Any input at all? I really don't know what to do because all of them look outstanding IMO.

Thanks for your big work on the photo :)
I think the bonus version will be on the waitlist in a couple of months but probably many normal versions available when it's in stock.

Well, I was in the fence about this statue, but I don't like the sitting pose of the Queen Studios 1:3 scale joker, nor the Michael Jackson lean on JND's. The 1/4th "Let's not BLOW, things out of proportion" Joker is simply too small.... so this checks off most of the items on my list.
I do agree that the smile is weird, but it stand out among the sea of "unimpressed" Jokers. The loose items for the base is another weird choice, but I don't HAVE to display them all.

So, Pre-ordered through SS.
Now to commission a glass case for it because I'm not even gonna try to dust that sculpted hair, or attempt using compressed air on the loose cash.

Happy for those who ordered one.
To those who don't like it, I hope you find solace with one of the other company's offerings.

Well, I was in the fence about this statue, but I don't like the sitting pose of the Queen Studios 1:3 scale joker, nor the Michael Jackson lean on JND's. The 1/4th "Let's not BLOW, things out of proportion" Joker is simply too small.... so this checks off most of the items on my list.
I do agree that the smile is weird, but it stand out among the sea of "unimpressed" Jokers. The loose items for the base is another weird choice, but I don't HAVE to display them all.

So, Pre-ordered through SS.
Now to commission a glass case for it because I'm not even gonna try to dust that sculpted hair, or attempt using compressed air on the loose cash.

Happy for those who ordered one.
To those who don't like it, I hope you find solace with one of the other company's offerings.

I agree with this statue, not a fan. However, I do disagree with JND. The pose is perfect and they made it right, pose. That was how he stood in the scene. You do know QS is making another 1/4th I believe the best. I got that on order, the artist edition by viper. The best in the business. Then the JND. I just didn't see much heath is the p1 but to each their own. Peace bro!

Yeah, the JND Ledger is 100% scene accurate, but it’s up to you if you like that. Personally, the “hit me” scene is one of my favorites and I think that alongside the new 1/4 QS artist edition are the two best Ledgers we have ever gotten. However, I’m sure there are people who will like the P1 and good for them if they do. It’s a good thing we have so many options!

Back