Prime 1/Blitzway - Terminator 2 T-800 endoskeleton 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sold!! The endoskull alone is a huge improvement over the 1/2 scale IMO.
Portrait wise the teeth is better on the 1/3 but that's about it. 1/2 scale still has a better head sculpt. Also the nose cavity is a little too big on the 1/3 and the slightly oversized teeth together has thrown off the proportions of the portrait.

What we are seeing is also the prototype, if you compare it to 1/2 scale prototype which had near perfect teeth, the 1/3 doesn't even come close.

This statue preview has obvious flaws, I'm surprised people are willing to overlook them.

Attachments

• IMG_20210101_194825867.jpg
    IMG_20210101_194825867.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
I’m no Endo expert by any means but I always hated the look of their 1/2 Endoskeleton. If you compare it to any screen shot from T1 it looks nothing like it. Oversized eyes and ridiculous looking teeth being the most obvious.

I wouldn't trust this until someone has one in-hand. They could come out with a totally different skull.

Last edited:
I'm good with the T-800 & T-1000
🔥

My only issue is, I hope they make a galleria clean version with shades and weapon switchouts. One gun isn't cutting it for me.
Same, that's my preferred look for T2 Arnie, though the BD statue is looking pretty tempting at the moment.

I’m no Endo expert by any means but I always hated the look of their 1/2 Endoskeleton. If you compare it to any screen shot from T1 it looks nothing like it. Oversized eyes and ridiculous looking teeth being the most obvious.
Me whenever ppl talk about Endo inaccuracies...
theyre-the-same-picture-the-office.gif

I wouldn't trust this until someone has one in-hand. They could come out tith a totally different skull.
If in hand looks like this it'll be a bit of a disappointment. This will probably be around $1500 mark give or take so not cheap.

On the flip side, I'm only keen on the one rifle look, there's going to be a huge ES on the reg edition so retailers shouldn't run out. Will wait until production piece photos before ordering.

Not singling anyone out here, but I often wonder, if Stan Winston Studios produced this 1/3 statue and sold it to Prime 1 to distribute, I have a strong feeling people would say the eyes are wrong, teeth are too big/small, proportions are wonky, this is wrong, that isn't right...and meanwhile it'd be as screen-accurate as physically possible, :LOL:

Not singling anyone out here, but I often wonder, if Stan Winston Studios produced this 1/3 statue and sold it to Prime 1 to distribute, I have a strong feeling people would say the eyes are wrong, teeth are too big/small, proportions are wonky, this is wrong, that isn't right...and meanwhile it'd be as screen-accurate as physically possible, :LOL:
They did do one, the CM 1/3 which currently looks better than this sculpt wise. But the CM imo is under scale and the pose is not for everyone, so it also has its faults. People either love or hate the pose. Also some CM endos have wonky eyes looking in different directions, a QC problem. Hopefully prime 1 don't let stuff like this slip.

If this is sub or around $1200, even with its faults, I'd still dig it. But I'm getting the vibe it'll be mid to possibly even near 2k. At that price point for a 1/3 they need to (no pun intended) blitz it like what they did with the JH 1/3. If someone told me that was produced by Stan Winston, I'd believe them instantly, it's that good and I expect this to be same quality as its being led by the same team.

A comparison image of the statue and the endo on screen, highlighting it’s inaccuracies, would be useful for us to spam them with if anyone can do it. I’d do it myself but I would genuinely struggle to spot what was right and wrong.

I do want them to take note though for sure, if improvements can be made for the price, they should be imo.

They did listen for the predator so if enough people reposted for this they would. You could even put a “repost me please” notice at the top of the image. Someone put together the issues and I’ll gladly make up the image on PS or procreate.

I’m not gonna lie, I’ll be buying this either way but I could see them possibly listening if they noticed, so why not right?

Are we to assume the deluxe version, or whatever they call them, will come with the two rifles? I hope not as I want them lol.

Also, on another note, I’m surprised people aren’t digging the base. I love it. It would be risky and probably end up tacky to be fair, but I would have loved to have seen the molten metal smelting pit incorporated into the Arnold T-800, possibly lit up.

Last edited:
They did do one, the CM 1/3 which currently looks better than this sculpt wise. But the CM imo is under scale and the pose is not for everyone, so it also has its faults. People either love or hate the pose. Also some CM endos have wonky eyes looking in different directions, a QC problem. Hopefully prime 1 don't let stuff like this slip.

If this is sub or around $1200, even with its faults, I'd still dig it. But I'm getting the vibe it'll be mid to possibly even near 2k. At that price point for a 1/3 they need to (no pun intended) blitz it like what they did with the JH 1/3. If someone told me that was produced by Stan Winston, I'd believe them instantly, it's that good and I expect this to be same quality as its being led by the same team.
To be honest while the 1/3 Jungle Hunter is fantastic overall the prop mask is one of the weakest part of the statue. It has tons of inaccuracies (targeting system is facing towards the side instead of forward and the compartment of the laser sight is too short and its shape is wrong. The mask's overall shape is too wild. The lenses are not reflective, the mesh should be hexagon shape. The hexagon mesh should be in front of the lenses. The lenses should sit a lot deeper into the mask. The color is completetly wrong on the mask. Way too dark. The mask is one piece on the statue and it should have been made from two pieces. The middle of the mask above the nose should be a solid "metal" piece not a plastic black bar. I am surprised not many people picked up on it. Friend of mine for that reason working on a custom mask for me.

Last edited:
To be honest while the 1/3 Jungle Hunter is fantastic overall the prop mask is one of the weakest part of the statue. It has tons of inaccuracies (targeting system is facing towards the side instead of forward and the compartment of the laser sight is too short and its shape is wrong. The mask's overall shape is too wild. The lenses are not reflective, the mesh should be hexagon shape. The hexagon mesh should be in front of the lenses. The lenses should sit a lot deeper into the mask. The color is completetly wrong on the mask. Way too dark. The mask is one piece on the statue and it should have been made from two pieces. The middle of the mask above the nose should be a solid "metal" piece not a plastic black bar. I am surprised not many people picked up on it. Friend of mine for that reason working on a custom mask for me.
Might of been picked up but prime 1 don't implement every single recommendation that collectors tell them. E.g the the wrinkles on arms and feet were mentioned as well as making the knee cap armor smaller but prime ignored those recommendations. The mask colour looked lighter in some prototype pictures so collectors likely assumed that's how it would look, but I agree the colour is a tad darker.

Portrait wise the teeth is better on the 1/3 but that's about it. 1/2 scale still has a better head sculpt. Also the nose cavity is a little too big on the 1/3 and the slightly oversized teeth together has thrown off the proportions of the portrait.

What we are seeing is also the prototype, if you compare it to 1/2 scale prototype which had near perfect teeth, the 1/3 doesn't even come close.

This statue preview has obvious flaws, I'm surprised people are willing to overlook them.
Not the most flattering pic here. Anyhow, I’d rather get the slightly longer teeth than the other way around. In the end, neither are perfect obviously. Aside of the crude finish, the closest to perfection would be the CM. But that teaser pic, it got everything right! Sold instantly!

1687809582039.jpeg

Not the most flattering pic here. Anyhow, I’d rather get the slightly longer teeth than the other way around. In the end, neither are perfect obviously. Aside of the crude finish, the closest to perfection would be the CM. But that teaser pic, it got everything right! Sold instantly!

View attachment 646916
Teeth wise no question this 1/3 prototype is better than 1/2 scale production piece. Just pray they don't cheapen it like they did with the 1/2. Still the best teeth I've seen was the 1/2 scale prototype, which is just a pipe dream now.

I think this portrait with some minor tweaks can rival if not exceed the CM. Shrink the teeth and nose cavity by 10% would be a start. But how often are production pieces better looking then prototypes? A 10% downgrade from this and it'll start looking ordinary.

Portrait is one thing, the other concern is the proportions, this endo has the opposite problem of HCGs old 1/2 scale, that one had shorter limbs, thicker torso which gave it a stockier look, this one has skinnier longer limbs and a smaller torso giving it a light weight look. There both T2 endos with similar poses but look vastly different. I do prefer the leaner look, just not too lean that it looks too light. CM has the right middle balance, but it's pose is the weakest of the three.

It's hard for collectives to remain objective, these promo shots are meant to generate emotion. It's likely succeeded, but it's in the collectors best interest to be as objective as one is capable so they get the best product outcome. One thing is for sure, this will be downgraded when in production, just a question where they will cut corners.

Hence why I've been listing out areas they can improve on. Even if they choose to ignore it they know collectors are watching and this level of attention and alertness will make them less likely to drop the ball, they want our money after all. If every collector bends over immediately, you'll most certainly get a inferior product.

Hate is a strong word. I wouldn't describe it as looking nothing like it.

Here is a side by side comparison. Aside from the teeth shrinkage, it is very close portrait wise. This could have been the IT endo if it weren't for the teeth downgrade. It also has excellent body proportions, as good as the lifesize endos.

Attachments

• 93eeca913046bd73252e366dbc4e6d15.jpg
    93eeca913046bd73252e366dbc4e6d15.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 0

Here is a side by side comparison. Aside from the teeth shrinkage, it is very close portrait wise. This could have been the IT endo if it weren't for the teeth downgrade. It also has excellent body proportions, as good as the lifesize endos.

That picture shows exactly what I was referring to. I don’t see how that’s ”close” at all. The ridiculous teeth and enormous bug eyes look laughably bad.

That picture shows exactly what I was referring to. I don’t see how that’s ”close” at all. The ridiculous teeth and enormous bug eyes look laughably bad.
"Enormous" eyes for me would akin to sideshows T1 endo bust. That had oversized teeth too, something I hope prime 1 don't slip up for this 1/3, it's already on the borderline and shouldn't be any bigger.

That's a T1 shot though, no?

That's a T1 shot though, no?
Yes, factory scene.

Looks like people are starting to see the same concerns I see with the 1/3 on statue forum as well. Might get enough people writing to prime 1 which should put them at least on notice.

I'll be writing a direct email expressing some areas of improvement to nudge them in the right direction and us collectors would be ecstatic if they could deliver an endo as accurate as possible.

Back