1:6 Scale Terminator Endoskeleton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Too Much Garlic

Super Freak
Reaction score
Have been working on this for a while. This will be scanned from a full scale endoskeleton kit and scaled down and 3D printed.

Current progress compared with an endoskeleton model from the game: Terminator Resistance - which actually isn't too far off with most of the parts (lower arms and lower legs are too long though).

Scanned in 0.2mm resolution. I could go down to 0.1mm resolution but that will make the files really, really large, so I'll do that after I've done all the rest in the current resolution.

T-800-Endoskeleton-2023-08-21.jpg

And these are some 3D models I created myself using the endoskeleton kit as well as reference and measurements. All except the big pistons and toe models are still being worked on.

The 3D models I create myself will be uploaded here once they are done: Thingiverse - Digital Designs for Physical Objects

Pistons-05.jpg

Knee-Section-09.jpg

Some explanation is probably required for this picture. Far left is T1 style. Middle is T2 style. Far right is T2 style variant with the smallest toe not extending out as far - more like a normal foot shape.
Foot-Pistons-30.jpg

To explain these. Far left is T1. Middle one was supposed to be T2, but I need to fix something on it. Far right is based on the shapes from the kit I own.
Jaw-Pistons-03.jpg

Last edited:
Just for fun. Here's a picture showing feet models modeled after the style of the castings that came with my kit and the ones on the right are those models reworked from reference of the screen used endoskeletons and props.

Foot-Pistons-31.jpg

Did 5 more scans today. Will post pictures later. x2 means they work for both left and right.

Arm - Lower - Right
Arm - Lower Wrist - x2
Shoulder - Right (T1) - Left (T2) - This is only one model, but they are on different sides the T1 and T2.
Shoulder Piece - L
Shoulder Piece - R

Sorry. It wasn't the lower arm wrist piece, but instead the lower leg ankle piece I scanned. I will pull the ankle pieces up to the shin piece eventually... I'm just a little too tired to do it tonight.

Anyway, here's the progress. A few of the scanned pieces are hidden behind other pieces, but didn't feel like doing an exploded view to see all the parts.

For fun I could even start arranging the pistons I made in their proper locations. Though, I don't think my old computer can handle all those models being loaded at the same time to get a picture of it. I'll see if I can manage it eventually.

T-800-Endoskeleton-2023-08-30-2.jpg

Last edited:
The amount of scans are now too big in order to load them all at the same time - on my old Mac where I currently have the software I used - and create a render for an image to post here, so I've had to split things up and merge a few images together into one. The parts to the far right is what I scanned yesterday.

T-800-Endoskeleton-2023-09-01.jpg

Got a few more parts done. I think I'm finished with the big parts. I was not able to scan the neck, as the scanner had a hard time getting in between the pieces, so I'll cut that piece apart and scan the individual neck pieces. Other than that... I may do the fingers... but not sure yet.

T-800-Endoskeleton-2023-09-01-02.jpg

New scan I did yesterday. It's the best I'm probably ever going to get with this scanner.

I did both a 0.2mm and a 0.1mm scan, but the latter turned into a 2+GB stl file and it won't open in the programs I'm using, because it's so big. When I try to save it as an obj it doubles the size for no reason...

Solved the issue today by doing a new fuse and limited the amount of triangles to 8 million. It even made the file size smaller than the 0.2mm scan, while keeping all the sharp 0.1mm scan details, so I'll probably keep using that limitation to keep the file size down.

T-800 - Endoskeleton - 2023-09-11.png

A few days ago I was made aware that there were new updates to the software for my scanner. I had forgot to check the box that made them download automatically. I downloaded it and am now trying the new software... and in a quick and dirty endoskeleton lower jaw scan in 0.2mm resolution I almost got a quality of scan that rivals my previous 0.1 skull scan. So I will test it out more and most likely rescan the whole endoskeleton again.

Major improvement.

Hope they have done the same kind of improvement to the 0.1mm scan option as they have done to the 0.2mm one.

If I didn't tell you the skull is the old 0.1mm scan... and the jaw is the new 0.2mm scan done quick and dirty (not even 30 minutes worth of work), you would probably think the jaw scan was the better scan. I know I certainly do. So, basically... forget everything I've said about this scanner up until now. I can hardly believe it is the same scanner. It's like I'm trying it out for the first time. I could probably have gotten better results with the jaw scan if I had been more thorough... but what I got here is adequate for what we need it for. I'm floored by the difference.

T-800-Endoskeleton-2024-04-12-Shining-Einstar.jpg

Are you attempting to make a complete T1 AND T2 endoskeleton? Will you be offering these for sale somewhere down the line? I know that a couple of companies have intentions of doing T1 endos, but it remains to be seen if they will ever materialize.

Not full scale pieces, but I plan on doing 1:6 scale model kits you have to assemble and paint yourself.

If there are companies wanting to do T1 endos... do you know if any of them are planning on 1:6 scale? Really hope they will listen to feedback, because most companies get the shapes and details wrong.

Not full scale pieces, but I plan on doing 1:6 scale model kits you have to assemble and paint yourself.

If there are companies wanting to do T1 endos... do you know if any of them are planning on 1:6 scale? Really hope they will listen to feedback, because most companies get the shapes and details wrong.
Both are supposedly doing 1/6. Both are noted for accuracy. Will it happen...not sure.

Both are supposedly doing 1/6. Both are noted for accuracy. Will it happen...not sure.
Interesting. Hope at least 1 of them is able to get a 3D scan done, at least for reference, or is willing to listen to feedback. Stan Winston Studios created a 3D scan for the third scale Cinemaquette figure. Though the skull is a T2:3D style and not accurate to T1 or T2 production, the statue is still the most accurate scaled replica out there, even though the pose is completely whack.

Though... there are many differences between the T1 and T2... and many differences between the production made pieces from those two movies and then T2:3D onwards which used reworked skulls, as well as nearly all licensed and fan owned pieces. With a thread I started on the RPF (Replica Prop Forum) I've gone on a deep dive to find as much info on the differences... and it feels like we are only scratching the surface.

And they need to get the hands right. The lower arm shroud glue has snapped which has resulted in it rotating out of position. But notice how the pistons are machined steel color and not chrome. For added accuracy it would be cool if they replicated that look.
T1 - Endoskeleton - Prop - Arm - 01 - 02.jpg

If they want reference for an accurate T1 style skull they should check out the skull at the EMP Museum in the US. It has many missing parts... but it's still one of the best.
Endoskeleton - IconsofSciFi - EMPmuseum - T1-T2 - Skull - 002.jpg

Good work OP
Thanks. :)

I would absolutely welcome an Endo 1/6 model kit. I built a vinyl Horizon kit back in the day but that was poor by today's model standards. Nice work so far!
Yeah, the Horizon kit was a funny thing to build. I had a lot of trouble getting it to actually stand because the vinyl in the legs warped because it couldn't hold up the rest of the figure.

I also owned the quarter scale Argonauts kit, which later became the basis for the Neca endoskeleton, but it was way too daunting to assemble and because mine was also vinyl it would have the same issues as the Horizon kit of sagging over time.

The best I have ever built was the Halcyon/Tsukuda 1:9 scale endoskeleton kit. I just recently was able to get the pre-chromed one and even though that shiny chrome look isn't accurate to the T1 or T2 endoskeletons... I still can't get myself to weather it down. I think I'll just leave it.

The endoskeleton definitely needs to be made from resin or hard plastic in order for it to not warp from the weight.

Last edited:
Scanned the fingers as well, so now it's pretty complete.
T-800-Endoskeleton-2024-04-19-Shining-Einstar.jpg

And just to show what goes into doing one of these renders, I have to load parts of the endoskeleton with overlapping sections, then take a screen capture, then load the next batch with overlap, and so forth. I'm working with most of this on my old computer, which cannot handle too many big files at once. I'm slowly but surely moving everything over to the new computer I bought for 3D scanning.
T-800-Endoskeleton-2024-04-19-Shining-Einstar-Render-Steps.jpg

I'm guessing you still have quite a ways to go on this. Not sure what areas you feel are completely finished, but since it is a pretty basic feature you may not revisit, the vertical centerline seam on the neck vertebrae is missing.

Back