Prime 1/Blitzway - Terminator 2 T-800 endoskeleton 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This photo posted on SF is wild (credit to whoever it belongs to). I understand the CM is slightly underscaled and it’s likely the Prime 1 piece will be overscaled but it still shows how stark of a difference there might be between these two. It’s almost a little disappointing, although I suppose makes perfect sense. The Predator could potential make this look really underwhelming displayed together. I’d be interested to see the Prime 1 endo next to it.
DFED254B-7BBB-4970-8A97-F2B515C75B57.jpeg

Attachments

• 58D850DA-933B-4EFE-A548-EEA811659C5E.jpeg
    58D850DA-933B-4EFE-A548-EEA811659C5E.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I never understood why a weapon needs a weapon (or two of them) :(
You can always grind down horse teeth, but i fear that the whole thing will llok inferiour than this prototype once its in production...
The base looks really lame, only skulls left of those poor people, rest of the skeletons turned to ashes

I never understood why a weapon needs a weapon (or two of them) :(
You can always grind down horse teeth, but i fear that the whole thing will llok inferiour than this prototype once its in production...
The base looks really lame, only skulls left of those poor people, rest of the skeletons turned to ashes
So the weapon can use a weapon to shoot enemy from far!

Yes, I agree the base is reayy lame.

Yep, but thats lame...it should hunt you down, relentless, not pop one in your head from one mile away ;)

I might be able to do a CM Endo 1/3 right next to the Prime 1 half scale if that would help. More easily I could do a CM Endo 1/3 next to the Prime 1 Alien 1/3 to get a better sense of scale.

Yes please Blue Liquid, I'd be interested to see that. On another note, for anyone who may have the book The Winston Effect , there is one page (306) where the study maquette that the Cinemaquette endo was based on can be just about seen in the background of Stan's office. In terms of size, the CM endo always scaled nicely with the Sideshow Alien big chap maquette and the Sideshow predator maquette (with the lean). It's just a shame (to me at least) that the Prime 1's are so much larger. To me, the CM is a nice size, displayable for collectors with not much display room, but still possessing adequate shelf presence.

They scale very nicely. Love the small foot print of the CM makes displaying it much easier.

They used the slim and wonky Sideshow bust for reference for the head. You can tell by the horse teeth and the oversized chip vent on the top of the head.

I was obsessed with the image of Arnie from the back cover.
View attachment 615235
Yeah, just a shame they mirrored the endoskeleton for that picture, making him look like a mirrored image. I tried making an accurate version. The one on the right is my rework. I also reworked where the neck, pistons and torso sat, so it looked more anatomically correct. Sadly I do not have as high-res image of that endoskeleton picture as in the original to really make it pop.

T2-Promo-Poster-NHM-Edit.jpg

With 3D scanning being a thing... I really do not understand why these expensive kinds of statues do not employ it to get the look exactly right. This is a quick test scan I did of my foam skull recently. I plan to scan it again to get it even better and more detailed.
Foam Skull - 3D Scan - 001.jpg

Last edited:
They used the slim and wonky Sideshow bust for reference for the head. You can tell by the horse teeth and the oversized chip vent on the top of the head.

Yeah, just a shame they mirrored the endoskeleton for that picture, making him look like a mirrored image. I tried making an accurate version. The one on the right is my rework. I also reworked where the neck, pistons and torso sat, so it looked more anatomically correct. Sadly I do not have as high-res image of that endoskeleton picture as in the original to really make it pop.

View attachment 647468

With 3D scanning being a thing... I really do not understand why these expensive kinds of statues do not employ it to get the look exactly right. This is a quick test scan I did of my foam skull recently. I plan to scan it again to get it even better and more detailed.
View attachment 647473

Terminator Thumbs Up GIF

With 3D scanning being a thing.
They did this with the 1/3 JH, multiple 3D bodily overlay scans to get the depth, shape and details right. They did it with everything, ranging from his body, muscles, to armour, weaponry, predator patterns and intricacies on the armour etc They showed it off on their showcase video.

But this endo, they showed nothing of the making, which means they didn't go to those extreme lengths they did with the predator to get the details and proportions right. Evident by the big teeth, nose cavity, head length, skinny legs and slightly small torso width and depth. Multiple little flaws that start adding up and will likely be worse in the production pieces. It's harder to tell cause it was hidden by lighting effects in the promo but as soon as pictures were available under normal florescent lighting, the flaws are quite visible. Here's hoping they improve on it.

They did this with the 1/3 JH, multiple 3D bodily overlay scans to get the depth, shape and details right. They did it with everything, ranging from his body, muscles, to armour, weaponry, predator patterns and intricacies on the armour etc They showed it off on their showcase video.

But this endo, they showed nothing of the making, which means they didn't go to those extreme lengths they did with the predator to get the details and proportions right. Evident by the big teeth, nose cavity, head length, skinny legs and slightly small torso width and depth. Multiple little flaws that start adding up and will likely be worse in the production pieces. It's harder to tell cause it was hidden by lighting effects in the promo but as soon as pictures were available under normal florescent lighting, the flaws are quite visible. Here's hoping they improve on it.
When did they said or showed they 3d scanned it? I am remembering that they used lots of photos for the 3D designing work but that is it. And since the predator mask has way more innacuracies than the T2 endoskeleton's head I highly doubt they did any 3D scan. And I agree with you by the way. The head needs work on the endo but the jungle hunter's helmet is even more inaccurate than that.

Yeah, I don't think they scanned anything for the Jungle Hunter. They just overlayed reference images into their sculpting software viewport to make sure everything matched up. Still an excellent technique, one I'm glad more companies are using these days. It's a shame it took so long, the feature's been in ZBrush forever.

Yeah, I don't think they scanned anything for the Jungle Hunter. They just overlayed reference images into their sculpting software viewport to make sure everything matched up. Still an excellent technique, one I'm glad more companies are using these days. It's a shame it took so long, the feature's been in ZBrush forever.
Agreed!

Yes that's what they did. Not my field of work, but scanned 2D imagery then used software to sculpt the dimensions. That's what I meant and the results turned out excellent. I highly doubt they did this for the endo.

Also it's missing hoses in the legs. There's a **** ton of inaccuracies they need to fix.

Last edited:
When did they said or showed they 3d scanned it? I am remembering that they used lots of photos for the 3D designing work but that is it. And since the predator mask has way more innacuracies than the T2 endoskeleton's head I highly doubt they did any 3D scan. And I agree with you by the way. The head needs work on the endo but the jungle hunter's helmet is even more inaccurate than that.
The predator mask is still good, they didn't cut corners from prototype to production, except maybe for colour. Maybe it's just a mask, even if a little conceptual or inaccurate, it doesn't have the same annoyance as say if they were to botch up the unmask portraits.

But the endo heads proportions really bug me because it's a face. The little details are important and right now, it's flaws are not small but quite glaring.

The predator mask is still good, they didn't cut corners from prototype to production, except maybe for colour. Maybe it's just a mask, even if a little conceptual or inaccurate, it doesn't have the same annoyance as say if they were to botch up the unmask portraits.

But the endo heads proportions really bug me because it's a face. The little details are important and right now, it's flaws are not small but quite glaring.
Well if you put an actual replica next to the Prime 1 mask or just study the bio helmet than you will realize it is very very inaccurate no less than the endo head. There are tons of things which are not even there or sculpted differently without the small details. So they cut corners regarding this from the beginning. So lets not say it is super accurate when it is not even close sadly. Probably it was a lot easier to produce this way. Funny enough Neca still better than this overall accuracy wise. Especially the mask. But that being said still I agree and hope they will improve the endo.

Well if you put an actual replica next to the Prime 1 mask or just study the bio helmet than you will realize it is very very inaccurate no less than the endo head. There are tons of things which are not even there or sculpted differently without the small details. So they cut corners regarding this from the beginning. So lets not say it is super accurate when it is not even close sadly. Probably it was a lot easier to produce this way. Funny enough Neca still better than this overall accuracy wise. Especially the mask. But that being said still I agree and hope they will improve the endo.
I think you should write your concerns re biomask on statue forum 1/3 JH thread. It will make some good noise and keep the mega thread going 😆

Back