Statue Prime 1 / Blitzway: Joker (Joaquin Phoenix) 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone in the UK ordered a similar sized sculpt before? I'm trying to decide what the cheapest place to buy from is...

Direct from Prime1 it's 1,075 not including shipping and import (no idea what that is direct from that) and from a collectible site in UK it's all in about 1,650. If I brought from Prime1 surely import tax and shipping wouldn't be almost 500 quid???

P1 has insane shipping costs these days. Idk how much is VAT and all other stuff related to import in UK, but it surely can add up a lot to final price.

I'm in the same boat as you mate, so let me know if you get an answer! :wave

Will do!

I know with the two 1/4 Hot Toys I've shipped from Hot Toys I've had to pay about 40 dollars shipping to sideshow and then 100 pounds import tax... but no idea how weight and size would factor into marking it up about 400 extra pounds on top of what the 1/4's come in for!

Just so you guys know, I doubt they be shipping this to you for $4.

Also, BBTS is a good place as long as you don't mind getting what you order shipped later than every other company.

They will ship it for $4. After jacking the price up my several hundred dollars to cover that "$4" shipping.

Shipping price to the UK from BBTS is $150 USD
Thats a lot better than the $200+ USD from Prime 1's store I was quoted.
The caveat of course is BBTS doesn't offer payment plans.

Shipping price to the UK from BBTS is $150 USD
Thats a lot better than the $200+ USD from Prime 1's store I was quoted.
The caveat of course is BBTS doesn't offer payment plans.

And then I'm guessing import tax is sitting at ?100? To be honest, if that's the case I don't mind paying the ?50 or so more for a payment plan. Looking form Prime 1 then at about 1345 so cheaper that way than from some UK retailers! Unless the numbers are wrong

Thought it is similar like here in germany.
Here in germany i have to add at least 23% on top of the price of the statue + shipping cost.

Here is what i've found

" Now you have the total value of the goods including shipping and insurance, it should be easy to work out the VAT portion. VAT is currently 20%, so the VAT charged on a total value of ?1000 is going to be ?200. If the value of the goods + cost of shipping and insurance is under ?15 (?36 for gifts) then no VAT is due. If you are a VAT registered business you?ll be able to claim the VAT portion back on your VAT return (using a*C79 form).

The next job is to work out how much duty you will be charged (It is worth noting that HMRC customs will also add 20% VAT onto the duty charges). To calculate duty, you must first ?Classify? your goods using the*UK TRADE TARIFF. The trade tariff is a tool you can use to find the ?Harmonised? code for your product/s (sometimes called ?commodity codes?). The Harmonised code system (HS CODE) is a globally universal system which is shared by all countries to identify and classify just about every product ever created and in circulation! This means that regardless of which countries the goods are travelling to and from, the HS CODE will ensure the goods are treated correctly as they pass in and out of customs authorities. To use the*Trade Tariff, first ensure you set the country you are importing from. This is important as the UK has set up trade agreements with some countries which can reduce duties."

Does anyone know what the average shipping rates of a Prime 1 statue from Sideshow to the UK is?
I've gone through the checkout but didn't commit to a purchase because it never specified the cost of shipping.
I just want to know the rough ballpark so I can compare to Prime 1's shipping rates.
Then I can finally decide where to place my order.

So for me it said the shipping is:

$222

Cost of item:

$1299

Which together is $1520 converted roughly with a google converter to pounds is ?1233.48, and 20 percent of that is ?246.69, so ?1480.17 altogether if you order form Prime 1 if those costs stick and my maths is correct, so cheaper than what I've found on UK websites.

So for me it said the shipping is:

$222

Cost of item:

$1299

Which together is $1520 converted roughly with a google converter to pounds is ?1233.48, and 20 percent of that is ?246.69, so ?1480.17 altogether if you order form Prime 1 if those costs stick and my maths is correct, so cheaper than what I've found on UK websites.

And you'd prob get it quicker than ordering in the UK

There's that as well!

Does that extra250 quid sound about right for imports and deliveries in terms of the statues you've bough generalszabo?

You could be looking at up to 320 IMO as I paid more than 20% last week

Bugger it - I pre-ordered this, the facebook sculpt video is just too tempting. I have ordered on Sideshow, I had a $30 off code and also the rewards points can be added to my others.
Really excited! My first Prime 1 statue, was deciding between this and Sauron but Joaquin won me over in the end!

Wonder Festival 2020, Shanghai.

d0oTckc.jpg

Damn, all we got is one blurry photo? Queen Studios really knows how to show off their pieces, Prime 1 should take notes

Back