Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ill be trying to covert mine to the 1/3 Pred once they put it up. If they refuse ill just go through Prime 1. Hoping Popcultcha stocks it for their reward system. That 10% off will be juicy

Let us know how you go with Sugo whether they refund or transfer the NRD. Haha you must have a ton of pennies to get 10% off from Pop that would be a neat discount if they stock this item.

Yep, I ordered local for less hassle if something goes wrong, but probably would have cost me the same going direct to prime 1 lol

Yeah I think it would end up being the same price due to shipping costs. Use to be cheaper going direct but looks like retailers need to cover their margins, this hobby ain't getting any cheaper!

Yeah I think it would end up being the same price due to shipping costs. Use to be cheaper going direct but looks like retailers need to cover their margins, this hobby ain't getting any cheaper!

You're right about it not getting any cheaper. I'm almost out of this hobby. Prices just aren't worth it anymore.

Pics suck, watch the video, the damn thing looks like a grail. Ill be stoked when I get this. People always nit pick I swear. Probably cuz they can't afford it. No statue is perfect. But this is damn near it. The sculpt at least is. Paint looks okay. Video looks ten times better.

Pics suck, watch the video, the damn thing looks like a grail. Ill be stoked when I get this. People always nit pick I swear. Probably cuz they can't afford it. No statue is perfect. But this is damn near it. The sculpt at least is. Paint looks okay. Video looks ten times better.

tenor.gif

Well, we get it dude you have issue with pictures. Afford it or not. We get it already. You can move on brotha! Peace! Cuz I think from seeing videos it looks way different from what your seeing. But people always bash stuff no matter what. Tell you what go on PCS Myers statue 1/4 that one deserves to be bashed. But once I get this in hand and I make it look sweaty. Like my old ss one and Wolf Ill be set. I see a great piece. In person, I will really know. But a video shows a lot more than a pic. So, you can go by what you want. Plus, your not buying it so why care? Go bye the fat 1/3rd then.

The vid by the oz guy. He liked the piece in hand.

Ah - the fella that (amongst other things) tried to install 1 head on top of the other, kept calling the wristblades "knives" and "thingies", and assembled using all the due care & attention that a brick deserves . . .

. . . I have to admit - I'm not going to go with his assessment :)

There's a few folks I trust that should have theirs within a week, then we'll know for sure.

Ah - the fella that (amongst other things) tried to install 1 head on top of the other, kept calling the wristblades "knives" and "thingies", and assembled using all the due care & attention that a brick deserves . . .

. . . I have to admit - I'm not going to go with his assessment :)

There's a few folks I trust that should have theirs within a week, then we'll know for sure.

I don't think the Aussie fella is as picky as some of us, he also got the big game hunter next to it and imo that paint job was atrocious compared to the JH. I'm surprised he didn't return that one.

With the JH pred, he obviously didn't look at the prototype videos and pics much or often, nor did he pay much attention to them, as shown when he had difficulty installing the hand piece holding the bloodied skull onto the arm, and bizarrely he tried to switch it to the other arm LOL.

I ain't buying the 1/4 but have vested interest in gauging the quality since it'll most certainly be an indicator of how possibly the 1/3 will turn out. Plus at over 3k AUD, collectors should and will scrutinize this. 1/3 will probably be 4-5k AUD, so expectations should and will be high.

Well, we get it dude you have issue with pictures. Afford it or not. We get it already. You can move on brotha! Peace! Cuz I think from seeing videos it looks way different from what your seeing. But people always bash stuff no matter what. Tell you what go on PCS Myers statue 1/4 that one deserves to be bashed. But once I get this in hand and I make it look sweaty. Like my old ss one and Wolf Ill be set. I see a great piece. In person, I will really know. But a video shows a lot more than a pic. So, you can go by what you want. Plus, your not buying it so why care? Go bye the fat 1/3rd then.

As long as you love it, that's the only thing that counts and I'm sure it'll look awesome along your collection. Especially that you've got quite a few other 1/3 grail potential statues coming along the way, so 1/4 predator will fit right in with those in terms of scale.

So far I'm loving the chunky big boy 1/3, if production is close to what we've been shown, the whole world can call it fat boy, I wouldn't give a hoots and instead celebrate as my long search for a predator statue that I like would be finally over and done with. Just waiting to see how much Prime 1 would charge for this beast!

I don't think the Aussie fella is as picky as some of us, he also got the big game hunter next to it and imo that paint job was atrocious compared to the JH. I'm surprised he didn't return that one.

With the JH pred, he obviously didn't look at the prototype videos and pics much or often, nor did he pay much attention to them, as shown when he had difficulty installing the hand piece holding the bloodied skull onto the arm, and bizarrely he tried to switch it to the other arm LOL.

I ain't buying the 1/4 but have vested interest in gauging the quality since it'll most certainly be an indicator of how possibly the 1/3 will turn out. Plus at over 3k AUD, collectors should and will scrutinize this. 1/3 will probably be 4-5k AUD, so expectations should and will be high.

Yarp. I think all fans of the franchise have a vested interest - buying or otherwise. We all want to be able to trust a company to deliver.

Anyone choosing to insult other posters instead of engaging in reasonable critique/observation of the piece in question, is being somewhat disingenuous, has already lost the debate, and would be better getting back to Twitter & Facebook.

Alternatively, we can always retort using the "what's it to you big nose?" line :)

This pic was from Facebook, thought people here might appreciate it. The feedback on the paint was as follows:

"it's a bit too beige and brown and is lacking some slime which would have made it more realistic. The masked heads are definitely done better."

FB_IMG_1622187906736.jpg

This pic was from Facebook, thought people here might appreciate it. The feedback on the paint was as follows:

"it's a bit too beige and brown and is lacking some slime which would have made it more realistic. The masked heads are definitely done better."

View attachment 514027

Thanks for posting mate, esp for those like myself who don't use Facebook. It's a shame the quills are both too thick and blunt, gives it a cheap look. CH ones are fine, not sure why Prime 1 changed it for the JH.

"It just doesn't make sense..."

It's clear they went cheaper with the quills, but it definitely looks much better in these pics, if it weren't for the quills, almost 75% imo.

Is it just me or does anyone notice differences between both collectors unmasked portrait? (open mouth and closed mouth)

Close mouth on collector 1 seem to be missing some centre spots compared to the open mouth. But both portraits are overall more cleaner and consistently ok. I don't think the issue is too significant here.

Whereas collector 2 open mouth lacks quite a bit spots in the middle compared to the closed mouth. Looks like a rushed paint job with the spots on the open portrait.

Seems the paint job of the spots can be hit or miss.

It's clear they went cheaper with the quills, but it definitely looks much better in these pics, if it weren't for the quills, almost 75% imo.

Is it just me or does anyone notice differences between both collectors unmasked portrait? (open mouth and closed mouth)

Close mouth on collector 1 seem to be missing some centre spots compared to the open mouth. But both portraits are overall more cleaner and consistently ok. I don't think the issue is too significant here.

Whereas collector 2 open mouth lacks quite a bit spots in the middle compared to the closed mouth. Looks like a rushed paint job with the spots on the open portrait.

Seems the paint job of the spots can be hit or miss.

I think it's just the lighting washing it out. Both collectors seem happy with the piece. Personally I think it looks pretty good and I feel much better about having this on order now.

I think it's just the lighting washing it out. Both collectors seem happy with the piece. Personally I think it looks pretty good and I feel much better about having this on order now.

Yes that might be a possibility and fingers crossed it's just the light bouncing off the spots. Agree I think it looks good from these pics and most collectors would be more than satisfied with the result.

Back