Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is it with brightly lit or flash photography some take as ?truth?

But when good photos come out it?s all cause of the lighting being darker or photos were manipulated.

You'd be looking at different things in each scenario because each have their strengths and weaknesses.

Flash photography has several weaknesses. The colors and the relationships between them are totally jacked. It's also not how 99.9% of people will see the piece in their day-to-day, so some may argue it's irrelevant. However, it allows you to evaluate the neatness of the application. Is there slop? Overlap? Misalignment? A brightly lit photo will make this inescapably clear.

With a darker photo (or one with more shadows cast) you can't detect paint issues as easily, so in that regard it can be a dishonest way to advertise a piece. But it may also look closer to how you'll perceive it on your shelf, so in that regard it's more honest.

IMHO, the most problematic photo set thus far is actually Leo's, because while it looks the best of any we've seen, it has the weaknesses of both scenarios above. It conceals the piece's faults and it's not accurate to how it will appear on your shelf. :lol Lighting can go either way in presenting a subject, but filters only betray the subject in order to make a pretty picture.

Last edited:
I got economy shipping but I think it shipped, or getting ready too because I got two packages getting ready for ups. From nektek I am thinking it is prime one. Says two packages. I can not think of anything else.

Video review:

Thanks for sharing mate! Haven't watched the entire video yet but watched the part showing the unmasked open mouth portrait where I suspected from photos missing spots mid front of the head. Indeed there are missing spots on his one which is a shame, I would return for a better painted one if I receive one of that quality.

Personally I don't like it and it looks very lifeless. I will sell mine probably as soon as it arrives.

Hope it turns out better than you think. It would be a shame to go to that much trouble and then be disappointed.

Please let us know your thoughts once you have it in-hand. How long until you get yours?

Thanks for sharing mate! Haven't watched the entire video yet but watched the part showing the unmasked open mouth portrait where I suspected from photos missing spots mid front of the head. Indeed there are missing spots on his one which is a shame, I would return for a better painted one if I receive one of that quality.

Yeah you're right about the dots. Unfortunate coz getting a replacement direct from Prime 1 would be difficult I'd assume.

Look, each to their own, but out of those who have received this in person they all seem to be very happy with it, even admitting the flaws with it, they still like the piece. That speaks volumes to me. It doesn't look dramatically different to the prototype like some people are making out. To me it looks more like a comic piece rather than the real movie suit. Biggest changes for me (and my issues with it) are the change in skin tone and lack of slime, but it's still a nice looking piece. I think some of the responses towards this are very dramatic.

Yeah you're right about the dots. Unfortunate coz getting a replacement direct from Prime 1 would be difficult I'd assume.

There customer service is hit and miss. If I were to do this, I'd try to make their jobs 'easier' by taking very clear shots showing the differences in spots (or lack of spots) in the open mouth portrait. By doing this they know it's serious business and likely to label the head as being 'defective' and will issue a new one without question. Taking lazy or half ass shots you run the risk of prime 1 offering a tiny $20 credit voucher, which I don't think will be satisfactory to most collectors.

Seriously though that open mouth portrait should not have been sent out with spots missing on half the side. Other than that I still think this is a pretty cool statue, if it had the 1/3 scale pose, I'd dig it and it'll be a keeper for me. Yes it's not perfect, but it's still pretty darn good from the video reviews.

There customer service is hit and miss. If I were to do this, I'd try to make their jobs 'easier' by taking very clear shots showing the differences in spots (or lack of spots) in the open mouth portrait. By doing this they know it's serious business and likely to label the head as being 'defective' and will issue a new one without question. Taking lazy or half ass shots you run the risk of prime 1 offering a tiny $20 credit voucher, which I don't think will be satisfactory to most collectors . . .

I've only been involved with their Predator threads so I've not seen ANY feedback on PRIME1's approach to damage/replacements.

Is this your own experience or from posts elsewhere? I'm hoping they are better to deal with than Sadshow (already have a friend that needs a replacement part).

There customer service is hit and miss. If I were to do this, I'd try to make their jobs 'easier' by taking very clear shots showing the differences in spots (or lack of spots) in the open mouth portrait. By doing this they know it's serious business and likely to label the head as being 'defective' and will issue a new one without question. Taking lazy or half ass shots you run the risk of prime 1 offering a tiny $20 credit voucher, which I don't think will be satisfactory to most collectors.

Seriously though that open mouth portrait should not have been sent out with spots missing on half the side. Other than that I still think this is a pretty cool statue, if it had the 1/3 scale pose, I'd dig it and it'll be a keeper for me. Yes it's not perfect, but it's still pretty darn good from the video reviews.

Agree, It's why I went local, in case there were any issues with it. Easier to deal with a local retailer.

It's definitely a cool statue and I think in person it will have amazing presence. Sure it's not perfect, but no statue is.

I've only been involved with their Predator threads so I've not seen ANY feedback on PRIME1's approach to damage/replacements.

Is this your own experience or from posts elsewhere? I'm hoping they are better to deal with than Sadshow (already have a friend that needs a replacement part).

Yeah direct experience.
My prime 1 endo came with a missing skull so they re-made one for me which took about 3 weeks. Was pretty smooth and they were very supportive and prompt in their communication.

Sadly had the opposite experience with the Megatron battle damaged bust. They kept sending me either broken ones or lopsided non battle damaged lol. They did eventually offer me a full refund which I requested as I was tired of smashing up so many Megatron busts haha.

Yeah direct experience.
My prime 1 endo came with a missing skull so they re-made one for me which took about 3 weeks. Was pretty smooth and they were very supportive and prompt in their communication.

Sadly had the opposite experience with the Megatron battle damaged bust. They kept sending me either broken ones or lopsided non battle damaged lol. They did eventually offer me a full refund which I requested as I was tired of smashing up so many Megatron busts haha.

Well that sucks.

Not sure how going through a local company would help though - wouldn't that just be adding another layer to sources of possible issues? (although it would reduce possible language confusion I guess).

Well that sucks.

Not sure how going through a local company would help though - wouldn't that just be adding another layer to sources of possible issues? (although it would reduce possible language confusion I guess).

When going local, I would imagine there would be 2 scenarios:

- they deal with prime 1 in getting a replacement part which would probably be easier for them and they may even give you one of their own and then source a replacement from Prime 1

- or you send it back to them for a refund/credit if you cbf with the hassle or if something is majorly wrong with it, or get them to replace the whole thing as I have done several times before with a local retailer.

Well that sucks.

Some may order extra statues in case their customers need replacements, but this probably varies depending on the size of the distributor.

Well that sucks.

They'd just contact Prime 1 on your behalf I'd imagine. As long as you contact them within 30 days (which is also the same timeframe with Prime 1), the issues would be attended to.

I guess to safeguard this (in case of sloppy and slow response from the retailer, as 30 days is a tiny window) I'd contact BOTH the local retailer and also give Prime 1 a heads up by providing the details of the distributor and issue at hand, that way they have been notified at least which stops the clock ticking.

I struck lucky with my Infinity Studios City Hunter.

Ordered though Spec Fiction in California because IS don't ship direct, customer service could not have been better, but better still - it arrived with zero issues!

I'll be doing the same for the IS Jungle Hunter.

Let's hope very few of these PRIME1 pieces turn up with problems - we'll be finding out soon!

I struck lucky with my Infinity Studios City Hunter.

Ordered though Spec Fiction in California because IS don't ship direct, customer service could not have been better, but better still - it arrived with zero issues!

I'll be doing the same for the IS Jungle Hunter.

Let's hope very few of these PRIME1 pieces turn up with problems - we'll be finding out soon!

Ah I thought IS abandoned the JH? I quite like there CH. Hmmm another JH to consider lol.

Are there any new pics of the IS JH?

Imagine IS or Prime 1 JH came with a companion piece of Dutch!

Back