Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That same Instagram user posted more photos. In one of them, you can see a hole on the cheek where there's a quill missing. The quills also look dull at the tips, just not the smooth, sharp look the Fugitive had.

188953389_1125127274675454_7187071755461100479_n.jpg

188548864_490239468957654_5217425924177946766_n.jpg

Last edited:
....But the dots on the Fugitive are crooked :dunno.
I'll be asking for a replacement if mine arrives crooked like that it's not remotely acceptable.

Still don't know why his teeth are so dark! Especially inside his mouth! And yeah the dots aren't looking too great, they're definitely crooked. My main concern is the closed mouth version. That's how I'll display him a lot. The open mouth I'm almost certainly getting it repainted at this point. For more blend on the gums, cleaner veins, ect. Wouldn't mind quill touch ups. But if the masked and closed are solid, I'll be happy to eventually get opened painted. Taking mine off hold next week. Going economy tho so no review for a min.

That same Instagram user posted more photos. In one of them, you can see a hole on the cheek where there's a quill missing. The quills also look dull at the tips, just not the smooth, sharp look the Fugitive had.

View attachment 513593

View attachment 513594

The blunted quills and misaligned dots is simply unacceptable at this price point, QA should have picked it up and not let these go through. It's a shame as the sculpt is awesome. Hopefully these are rare one offs that can be fixed by Prime 1. At least the masked portrait looks nice, but for this kind of money, they need to be consistent across all portraits.

They have just hit the limit of their finishing skills. Way to much to pay for a kit that you have to refinish yourself.

I agree. I think over all this thing looks good. But I do worry that the misaligned forehead spotting stencil is going to be an issue for a lot of us. For me it's hard to look past. But who knows. We may get lucky.

Glad they messed up the shipping because this is not worth GBP2,000 imho.

I'll reserve final judgement until someone shares the sort of representative/quality shots that Matt (python) did with his PRIME1 City Hunter, but have to say that I agree with you Col. The more I see of both these pieces, the happier I am that I walked away.

The sculpts are still out-of-this-world, but the paintwork leaves a lot to be desired, and would have bugged the hell out of me if I'd paid the silly shipping fees and UPS "processing fee".

I still think PRIME1's BASE pricing on these was good/great - but only if they'd done a bit better job with the paint (on both).

Hahahaha prime1 just drops a 1/3 jungle hunter. And it looks amazing. People were even going to match the big game with the Big Chap. Well looks like if you go 1/3 drop the 1/4. FB_IMG_1621656366447.jpg

Yeah, I'm cancelling my City Hunter and seeing if I can move my deposit at Secret Compass from Big Game to this.

Maybe if it's 1/3 and they've already had a trial run with the same design in 1/4, the paint execution will be better.

Hahahaha prime1 just drops a 1/3 jungle hunter. And it looks amazing. People were even going to match the big game with the Big Chap. Well looks like if you go 1/3 drop the 1/4. View attachment 513646

Where can I find more pics and vids of this?
Always preferred the upright pose and it being 1/3. Could this be the cinemaquette beater? I'm excited to see more!

Back