Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very interesting.. Somehow I was not aware of this.. What is the difference between the Rambaldi's design and Giger's

Giger:

12c8e0448f24067bffa8a1bc55576f9f.jpg

Rambaldi:

BhFBZY9.jpg

zY4yZYP.jpg

rambaldialienhead.png

Rambaldi's animatronic head is the one we see for most of the film since its lips, jaws, and tongue could actually move. I don't recall if Giger's was ever used in the movie, but if it was, its use was minimal.

What sets them apart other than some subtle differences in the shape of the dome is the mouth area. The cheek tendons and lips differ.

NECA tends to favor Rambaldi's design for their figures.

Last edited:
Giger:

12c8e0448f24067bffa8a1bc55576f9f.jpg

Rambaldi:

BhFBZY9.jpg

zY4yZYP.jpg

rambaldialienhead.png

Rambaldi's animatronic head is the one we see for most of the film since its lips, jaws, and tongue could actually move. I don't recall if Giger's was ever used in the movie, but if it was, its use was minimal.

What sets them apart other than some subtle differences in the shape of the dome is the mouth area. The cheek tendons and lips differ.

NECA tends to favor Rambaldi's design for their figures.

Thanks... Surprised I didnt know that.. Or if I did it has long since been forgotten.

Gigers statue wasnt used in the film at all actually. The one in the museum was only the concept statue. Rambaldi came in and did fhe head because they couldn't get it to work. That's why I dont reference the giger statue as accurate for the film.

Gigers statue wasnt used in the film at all actually. The one in the museum was only the concept statue. Rambaldi came in and did fhe head because they couldn't get it to work. That's why I dont reference the giger statue as accurate for the film.

That first photo isn't of the statue though, it's the suit.

7103310_alienbolajibadejo_jpeg1c639ef188aed80c0e0b36e161a6c90a

I think the non-articulating stunt masks for Badejo were based on the Giger design, so they got some use.

9e6c51f40593a363ef1becb0d82053dd.jpg

aliendesign4.jpg

Could be. But the suit has things added to it that the statue didn't. The cp chap is the giger concept statue.
The prime1 chap is based on the suit. The guy who designed it explained that he was going for the balaji screen used look. That's why even their museum pose has the arm spikes/and wrist cuffs that the statue doesn't. Markus told me he used the koto as inspiration and that he wanted the wrinkles in the suit to be noticeable. His warrior was inspired by the shot of the Alien before Vasquez yells "drake come on"
I think the p1 chap is actuslly the most accurate to the film Alien yet.

You can see the suit balaji is wearing has the elbow spikes and glued fingers. As well as glove cuffs. It's the suit with a mold of the giger head. But the rambaldi was for the close up shots.

Not sure if true, but the description for the CP Big Chap maquette describes the museum statue as being made from (or based on) the suit. I guess when they put the museum display together, they removed the wrist cuffs to stay true to Giger's original design. He wanted a smooth transition from arm to hand, but the film crew had to add the cuffs to conceal the seam and make it reusable.

I think the p1 chap is actuslly the most accurate to the film Alien yet.

Maybe so, but the open-mouthed sculpt should've looked like Rambaldi's. That's how Koto did it.

Not knocking it, I prefer Giger's design for any pose since it's more elegant. But it harkens back to the idea that none of these are perfect matches to any one scene. They are, however, excellent efforts from people who clearly cared about the source material. You won't go far wrong with any of their sculpts. I can't say the same for Sideshow's and Hot Toys' output (although the latter is slowly improving).

Last edited:
Actually the statue in gigers museum is the exact same one he was working on in set pictures. He added to the suit made from it. It's in his diary. The statue wasnt altered since 1978. The suit isn't in the gallery and it was restored about 3 years ago.
The elbow spikes glove cuffs and glued fingers were all added by giger on set.
The statue is his original vision. The suit is the final look of the Alien done by Giger. The statue is still not accurate to the Alien on film. I attached the real film suit as reference

giger1.jpg

Ah ok, good to know. I was aware the statue wasn't accurate to the film, but I didn't know how the film additions came to be.

Two of these images are the same statue. Un altered. They are the concept statue and the last image is the film suit.
giger1.jpggiger4.jpgo0501092814428386779.jpg

Really looking forward to CP unveiling their Alien Warrior proper as we need dimensions on that. Would love to pair it with this Jungle Hunter if the quality and price check out.

I remember a user on Statue Forum preferred their Predators to be of similar size to the Aliens in their display, if not bigger. For some reason, I've always had it in my head canon that the Big Chap should be taller by at least a foot and just extended that policy to every other Alien design. Just to keep options open.

Not sure if that size comparison is 100% accurate, but it would be an acceptable difference to me if it were. Heck, the Chap could even be a bit bigger and I wouldn't bat an eye.

EDIT: Hot Toys Aliens used to run 16" tall and their Predators 14". Undersized for 1/6, sure, but they looked believable enough next to each other.

Same here... I always think there are taller and shorter aliens. Big Chap is the taller, and seem taller than Predator. BC seems to be about 85cm x 3 = 255cm or 8"5'. Jungle H about 70 if stand upright maybe, if 1/3.5 scale = 240cm or 8"
Predator is bulkier, while alien is leaner and taller. Looks pretty good side by side for me. =)

Last edited:
This is about how they scale side by side. If Giger is 5'7 and balaji is 6'10 with the added heels and dome. Kevin Peter Hall is 7'2-7'4 with the added crown. Technically the jungle hunter predator could be slightly taller than the Alien big chap.
IMG_20200720_084008.jpg

So the artist who designed the prime 1 chap and warrior confirmed the warrior and chap are the same height, the warrior is only shorter in inches because of the no dome and spread legs/crouch pose. He also confirmed he based the height on his measurements of the giger statue and the suit that he saw in person and scaled to 1/3.
He also said the jungle hunter is a true 23 inch height and 27 with the added base. So it is a true 1/4.

There was only one suit. The statue upright in the pictures I shared isn't a wearable suit. When they put the suit on powell there was a lot of slack in the suit, you can see how loose it is in the picture you shared. But they only used powell in the scene where the Alien in hanging on the ceiling.

So the artist who designed the prime 1 chap and warrior confirmed the warrior and chap are the same height, the warrior is only shorter in inches because of the no dome and spread legs/crouch pose. He also confirmed he based the height on his measurements of the giger statue and the suit that he saw in person and scaled to 1/3.
He also said the jungle hunter is a true 23 inch height and 27 with the added base. So it is a true 1/4.

Jungle Hunter is 72cm total height right, say the base is 5cm. I think predator will still be over 23 inch easilly.

The artist who designed it based it on the Kevin peter hall suit. The statue is 27 inches tall. But if the predator stood straight up with no base they confirmed it is 23 inches. Which is a true 1/4 scale. The big chap is 1/3 based on a combination of the measurements from the suit and the statue. I sent the artist a message and he confirmed the measurements.

Wish they displayed this next to other 1/4 scale so we can get a sense how big this looks in person.

Wish they displayed this next to other 1/4 scale so we can get a sense how big this looks in person.
On page 25 in this thread, there's some pictures of the Jungle Hunter on display at a convention, with people standing next to it, which gives you a good idea of the overall size.......:)

Back