Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish they displayed this next to other 1/4 scale so we can get a sense how big this looks in person.

Yeah, I'd just like to see it next to their City Hunter. Not sure why that's so difficult? Even Sideshow often put images of similar items together. Their old LSBs for example.

On page 25 in this thread, there's some pictures of the Jungle Hunter on display at a convention, with people standing next to it, which gives you a good idea of the overall size.......:)

yea, but what scale are those people?

And what material will the netting be???

Based on frequency of post topic, we need to change the title of the thread . . .

"What scale is PRIME1's Jungle Hunter?"

" . . . and how big is an Alien compared to a Predator?" :)

Hahahaha.... sorry sorry. What else shall we discuss now that we are moving on mate =)

yea, but what scale are those people? . . .

LMAO :hi5:

Hahahaha.... sorry sorry. What else shall we discuss now that we are moving on mate =)

More LOLs - :duff - how about "will it come with with fully white inner art boxes?" - ah . . . no - Sideshow have the copyright on those.

Thanks for cheering up my evening both - after 2 days of filling in tax returns, my brain is full !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahahah... out of curiosity. Is the license for Alien n Predator more expensive somehow as compare to DC and Marvel? Their statues definitely reflects it.

Hahahahah... out of curiosity. Is the license for Alien n Predator more expensive somehow as compare to DC and Marvel? Their statues definitely reflects it.

I honestly have no idea about licence costs compared to other franchises.

However - they are a bit more complex to sculpt & produce than a lot of the characters out there - maybe that's where a lot of the cost comes in.

Of course - it could be that producers know they have a guaranteed audience.

Having said that - the prices from PRIME1 and Infinity Studios are VERY fair - particularly when compared to Sadshows. The only thing that's stopped me ordering lots more is the combination of the crappy CDN/USD exchange rate, increases in shipping prices, and the OTT taxes & fees Customs Canada introduced a couple of years back.

Certainly not as expensive as Jurassic Park, that much is certain.

All of Prime 1's Alien and Predator products apart from the City Hunter are maybe $200 more than they should be IMO, especially when other statues of similar size range from $900-$1300. But the complexity argument holds water in many cases. Translucent domes, quills, nets, LEDs...

Someone in the P1 Facebook group posted photos of their Cracked Tusk statue. Fabric netting confirmed, but since the diamonds on the prototype were already on the small side, the thickness of the fabric makes them appear smaller still.

Will be even more noticeable on this Jungle Hunter since it's slightly larger than 1/4, but at least they're not using plastic.

Certainly not as expensive as Jurassic Park, that much is certain.

All of Prime 1's Alien and Predator products apart from the City Hunter are maybe $200 more than they should be IMO, especially when other statues of similar size range from $900-$1300. But the complexity argument holds water in many cases. Translucent domes, quills, nets, LEDs...

I was told that fox keeps Alien and predator licensing extremely high. They are the most expensive licensing to hold from any fox films. And they are very protective of what they put out. Markus who sculpted the chap and warrior said that is why these two lines are some of the most expensive.

You must remember the mythos isnt the same as the film licensing. The mythos line is cheap. And you can produce cheaper products. But now Disney owns all of it. That is why the dead body is sold separately from the predator...because Disney doesn't want violence attached to their name.

Well what has sideshow come out with in the past 2 years (active license for the films)?
I haven't seen anything from alien 1-4 which is the main line, except that small warrior like 4 years ago and maybe that weird chap but those were a while back.

I just hope the materials they used on the dreads wont' be those plastic that melts and get sticky in a more hot and humid environment.

Well what has sideshow come out with in the past 2 years (active license for the films)?
I haven't seen anything from alien 1-4 which is the main line, except that small warrior like 4 years ago and maybe that weird chap but those were a while back.

This thing.

alien-warrior_aliens_gallery_5c807445cf09f.jpg

Their Queen maquette (done in partnership with Legacy) also has tiny Warriors with Godzilla mouths on the base. I think they might've actually used the same digital model and reposed it.

aliens-alien-queen-maquette-sideshow-300267-15.jpg

Here's the Cracked Tusk netting by the way. Little bit jealous of Infinity Studios' City Hunter net since it's not as small and has a bit more natural looseness to it.

110022245_10220080972287064_3420265339297744270_n.jpg

Last edited:
Ah the warrior came out like 4 years ago. And then the queen which in my opinion isn't a good piece not to mention the size of the queen is way out of scale with the warriors, so that makes sense. The queen has some pretty terrible paint apps on the base. But she is also 1100 so it's not like she is cheap. The prime1 stuff is pretty high end in comparison to those pieces. And the predator is a comic book predator, all I know is that the Alien and predator line is very expensive to buy.

This thing.

alien-warrior_aliens_gallery_5c807445cf09f.jpg

Their Queen maquette (done in partnership with Legacy) also has tiny Warriors with Godzilla mouths on the base. I think they might've actually used the same digital model and reposed it.

aliens-alien-queen-maquette-sideshow-300267-15.jpg

Here's the Cracked Tusk netting by the way. Little bit jealous of Infinity Studios' City Hunter net since it's not as small and has a bit more natural looseness to it.

110022245_10220080972287064_3420265339297744270_n.jpg

Technically if the city hunter is to be accurate the netting needs to be grey. Urgh I did a huge custom jungle and city predator and the netting is very difficult to figure out and get in scale. Especially 1/4. But the city hunter has grey netting it could be custom painted maybe.

Back