Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started the base not sure If it picks up but in person when the light hits it you can really see the moist of the jungle, wow miles better starting to look like a moist jungle. Still much work to do. The white will eventually turn clear once dried. Anyways, I think the base was the most flat. Once I get everything done I will send pics.

The first pic, notice the tree it brings out the color of the tree. Instead of some dry ass tree, it looks moist and colorful.

The second pic needs drying and if you see the light glaring is when you notice how the paint pops. It may not be for everyone. But tell me what you think. If you like it cool, even if you don't Im still working. I still have a ways to go.

Attachments

• 5573BD04-CC68-4E72-9BED-1CD2241D3683.jpeg
    5573BD04-CC68-4E72-9BED-1CD2241D3683.jpeg
    207.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 6668274A-4CC9-41D1-9B39-87B176CCE73C.jpeg
    6668274A-4CC9-41D1-9B39-87B176CCE73C.jpeg
    341.4 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Whilst some may disagree but imo Prime 1 is still just about the best company out there when it comes to sculpturing polystone statues, as evident with this 1/4 JH, the sculpt is incredible and nothing in the current market comes close. I would love to see this one in person, it has many different viewing angles and I'm sure even after months of viewing, you'll see things that you didn't see before. I'm more of a museum pose man, but the pose on this one is close to life like, it has a fluidity that no other predator statue in the current market has (the infinity studio 1/4 CH comes to mind, but this one still has more of a Kevin Peter Hall vibe to it).

For the price and inclusions you get, and the size of this thing, pound for pound, it's the best predator statue money can buy right now. This statue is going to age like fine wine, congrats to all getting this, long wait but worth every second. Burtial, I'm waiting for your review of this and the victim piece, hope you get both soon!
Yeah the pose reminds me of when the Predator squats down to face of with Dutch and this one brief moment when Dutch is crawling away and the Silhouette of the Creature hopes up on a ledge. Neither scene is close to the pose, but the look of it in mid motion reminds me of it so much. I love it! Plus, I read the Predator comics and Big Game Cover Art was a popular image so it's cool on so many levels pose wise. From all angles, just incredible.

Started the base not sure If it picks up but in person when the light hits it you can really see the moist of the jungle, wow miles better starting to look like a moist jungle. Still much work to do. The white will eventually turn clear once dried. Anyways, I think the base was the most flat. Once I get everything done I will send pics.

The first pic, notice the tree it brings out the color of the tree. Instead of some dry ass tree, it looks moist and colorful.

The second pic needs drying and if you see the light glaring is when you notice how the paint pops. It may not be for everyone. But tell me what you think. If you like it cool, even if you don't Im still working. I still have a ways to go.
I was thinking of how I wanted to touch my base up. So fare I am thinking of very tops, and tips dry/flat and the sides and undersides glossy wet. I have experience painting rock and bark, so the base is a project I can see myself touching up fully one day.

I was thinking of how I wanted to touch my base up. So fare I am thinking of very tops, and tips dry/flat and the sides and undersides glossy wet. I have experience painting rock and bark, so the base is a project I can see myself touching up fully one day.
Oh ya I notice just a few coats just make the paint pop. Doesn't even need to look wet. It just makes the colors come out. Now I just ordered some thicker and the gloss dries fast so that one will make it put more of a wet look. The stuff I have now just makes the paint pop. The one I have now I have to do layers of coats to make the wet look. So, I will do both. It will be a project, that I know. Even the snake needs that wet look. I mean they naturally have that look. So, good luck man, Im sure you will do fine.

You (*Not me*) said the bio mask was nothing like the movie. It looks identical to the movie. So, you are stirring the pot.

It really doesn't, I'd actually go as far as saying that the movie mask on this looks pretty bad. I said as much when I ordered this and hoped that P1 would alter it. But it's also by far the weakest point of an otherwise really nice statue. I was personally only to happy to take the refund on this and order the 1/3 instead. That isn't because this is bad, it really isn't. It's because the1/3 version is just mind blowing and will be my centrepiece. If Prime 1 had offered that refined movie mask for this "1/4" version, it would have benefited it hugely to the point where I might actually have tried to keep my order in for this as well as getting the 1/3. I might still try and get this down the line, there's no need for the two threads to be at war really. Although admittedly I'd probably be more annoyed if I didn't have the option for a full refund on this when the 1/3 was revealed. If anyone here was locked in on this and wanted the 1/3 instead, then I do feel for them, although that doesn't really seem to be the case for most people here. It comes down to personal preference..... And how well the 1/3 production pieces actually turn out, we may be the fools yet.

Whilst some may disagree but imo Prime 1 is still just about the best company out there when it comes to sculpturing polystone statues, as evident with this 1/4 JH, the sculpt is incredible and nothing in the current market comes close. I would love to see this one in person, it has many different viewing angles and I'm sure even after months of viewing, you'll see things that you didn't see before. I'm more of a museum pose man, but the pose on this one is close to life like, it has a fluidity that no other predator statue in the current market has (the infinity studio 1/4 CH comes to mind, but this one still has more of a Kevin Peter Hall vibe to it).

For the price and inclusions you get, and the size of this thing, pound for pound, it's the best predator statue money can buy right now. This statue is going to age like fine wine, congrats to all getting this, long wait but worth every second. Burtial, I'm waiting for your review of this and the victim piece, hope you get both soon!
I completely agree with you. But I also get that this piece is not for everyone, and there are some other great options out there. That's kinda the great thing about collecting is that with all of the options out there, one can really focus their collection in on what they like most, and make their collection tailored to them. Which is what I think we all strive for.
Hopefully I get my JH on Monday. I should get a review up on Tuesday if I am not being my usual lazy self. lol

It really doesn't, I'd actually go as far as saying that the movie mask on this looks pretty bad. I said as much when I ordered this and hoped that P1 would alter it. But it's also by far the weakest point of an otherwise really nice statue. I was personally only to happy to take the refund on this and order the 1/3 instead. That isn't because this is bad, it really isn't. It's because the1/3 version is just mind blowing and will be my centrepiece. If Prime 1 had offered that refined movie mask for this "1/4" version, it would have benefited it hugely to the point where I might actually have tried to keep my order in for this as well as getting the 1/3. I might still try and get this down the line, there's no need for the two threads to be at war really. Although admittedly I'd probably be more annoyed if I didn't have the option for a full refund on this when the 1/3 was revealed. If anyone here was locked in on this and wanted the 1/3 instead, then I do feel for them, although that doesn't really seem to be the case for most people here. It comes down to personal preference..... And how well the 1/3 production pieces actually turn out, we may be the fools yet.
Then go to the 1/3rd site and hype it up dawg. Some are still going off on a piece that isn't even out yet. Do you have this statue? Only faults I see is the paint apps in the unmask heads. Plus its all subjective, I see what I see you, you see what you see. Go to the 1/3rd site. I’m trying to be positive now. I understand your opinions but people have said them and said them. Its cool to banter. I get it, we all do it. But not one person who owns this has complained about the bio masks. Its the paint apps and the flat paint. Ive already felt I’ve made it so much better. By the gloss and updating paint on it. Just minor thibgs, really bring out this statue. But the banter, Its getting repetitive now. Its easy to say a prototype is mind blowing. I said it about this piece. I still believe it. But still I bet when the 1/3rd is in hand pple will complain. Its human nature. With the 1/3 I see a piece that is very similar to cm just updated. This is a very unique statue. With a flawless sculpt. In the end that’s all that matters to me. Not every statues going to be for everyone! Like burial said. Peace!

Last edited:
I completely agree with you. But I also get that this piece is not for everyone, and there are some other great options out there. That's kinda the great thing about collecting is that with all of the options out there, one can really focus their collection in on what they like most, and make their collection tailored to them. Which is what I think we all strive for.
Hopefully I get my JH on Monday. I should get a review up on Tuesday if I am not being my usual lazy self. lol
Well, its going to take some time to put together and heavy, I hurt my back. But I want that review LOL. I bet your gripes will be the same as everyone's. But I want to hear them.

I don’t even have the statue and know what batteries it needs, lol.

It requires three different types.

P1 Big Game Hunter Batteries:

AA
A76

You are welcome.

😁

I don’t even have the statue and know what batteries it needs, lol.

It requires three different types.

P1 Big Game Hunter Batteries:

AA
A76

You are welcome.

😁
Thanks. Yeah it does say in the instructions, but I was at the store and thought I'd ask quick to see if there was a chance someone could mention it before I left. Thanks though. I'll have to jot those down for next time I'm shopping. 😆

Edit: oh and it's not AA, it's AAA for the biomask.

Then go to the 1/3rd site and hype it up dawg. Some are still going off on a piece that isn't even out yet. Do you have this statue? Only faults I see is the paint apps in the unmask heads. Plus its all subjective, I see what I see you, you see what you see. Go to the 1/3rd site. I’m trying to be positive now. I understand your opinions but people have said them and said them. Its cool to banter. I get it, we all do it. But not one person who owns this has complained about the bio masks. Its the paint apps and the flat paint. Ive already felt I’ve made it so much better. By the gloss and updating paint on it. Just minor thibgs, really bring out this statue. But the banter, Its getting repetitive now. Its easy to say a prototype is mind blowing. I said it about this piece. I still believe it. But still I bet when the 1/3rd is in hand pple will complain. Its human nature. With the 1/3 I see a piece that is very similar to cm just updated. This is a very unique statue. With a flawless sculpt. In the end that’s all that matters to me. Not every statues going to be for everyone! Like burial said. Peace!
It’s not film accurate because of all the texture it has… if mask was smooth it would be just about perfect to my eyes. Still think it looks great and really don’t mind the texture but would have loved that other more film accurate mask the 1/3 is getting.

That refined mask is killer.. I am waiting to get this 1/4 piece before I decide to order the 1/3 scale. Love all the switch outs you get with the DX. Overall I like the pose and smaller footprint that the 1/4 scale gives us. Prefer the film accuracy of the 1/3.. that footprint the base takes up on the 1/3… YIKES

It’s not film accurate because of all the texture it has… if mask was smooth it would be just about perfect to my eyes. Still think it looks great and really don’t mind the texture but would have loved that other more film accurate mask the 1/3 is getting.
I agree with you. The overall shape of the mask is great, and while it doesn't look terrible, the texture is a little off-putting and makes it look more comic-like. If they made it look more like the 1:3 mask it would be perfect.

Honestly, if they fixed up the mask, corrected the skin tone and added more of a wet-look to the unmasked heads, this would be the perfect Predator statue to me, but I still love it.

Starting to add the clear gloss Wet Look and I'm loving it..P1 really should have gone this one extra step to pushing this sucker to being even better. Here is the open mouth without the wet look next to the closed mouth with the wet look.

Attachments

• 20210801_172908.jpg
    20210801_172908.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 20210801_172904.jpg
    20210801_172904.jpg
    343.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 20210801_172859.jpg
    20210801_172859.jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 20210801_172853.jpg
    20210801_172853.jpg
    336.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 20210801_155853.jpg
    20210801_155853.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 59
  • 20210801_151356.jpg
    20210801_151356.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 59
  • 20210801_151349.jpg
    20210801_151349.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 20210801_151343.jpg
    20210801_151343.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 20210801_151307.jpg
    20210801_151307.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 20210801_151254.jpg
    20210801_151254.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 58
Starting to add the clear gloss Wet Look and I'm loving it..P1 really should have gone this one extra step to pushing this sucker to being even better. Here is the open mouth without the wet look next to the closed mouth with the wet look.
Great job, dude!! Keep it up! Ya Ill work more on mine tomorrow. Hopefully get it all done in a few days. But keep it up.

But again, its not out yet. Its speculation at the moment. Its like saying this is gonna be the best statue ever, but I still know some will complain. Even if it looks exactly like the film. Which is all subjective, because we have not scene the real mask in person. Or maybe some have IDK. Plus, who is to say the 1/3rd they won't screw up? I mean still a long way to go. So, Ill wait for in hand pics. If its an incredible statue, I may pic it up. But that price is crazy. I mean 3 gs is getting out of hand.

Back