Present Toys "Raider Jones" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have heard things , but wanted to see what other info was out there aside from the facebook groups.
--

I'm not going to try and convince/persuade you (or others).

Peruse through by carefully reading the instances posted by others and choose/decide for yourself.

One of two outcomes will occur.

1. You avoid what happened to others.

2. You experience what happened to others by experiencing/learning the hard way. You then either avoid repeating it or end up repeating it.

Good luck.

I have heard things , but wanted to see what other info was out there aside from the facebook groups.
Here's one straight from a disgruntled CF member because it's still fresh enough to piss me off. I didn't know much about the third party figure market back in 2020 and had watched a few videos from Justin's Collection. Being that he has a pretty big following I went ahead and pre-ordered Gametoys Sephiroth and Cloud in early 2021 from them.

Mid to late 2021 I start seeing things popping up. On here, on the r/hottoys subreddit. People saying they aren't getting their orders. TW sending out private messages to bigger name collectors asking them to hype up how good the TW shipping is in exchange for a kickback (free figure or large store credit kind of kick back). And all of these were with actual screenshots of these exchanges.

End of 2021 rolls around, I'm a little nervous at this point, but I paid off both figures in full prior to seeing these things and they've been sold out everywhere.. So I'm in it at this point either way.

Sephiroth is released but they never email me about him. I email them after 3-4 weeks of seeing people receiving the figure and their customer service basically says, "Oh ****, we forgot to reach out to you.... Yeah, uh, how do you want us to ship it?"

Told them my option, got the shipping details right after. Got the figure pretty fast actually. Okay, weird, but, logistical issues happen. Maybe they just drop the ball a lot and that's not great business but whatever. Not going to buy from them again but we're 1 for 2.

January 2022 rolls around, Cloud comes out. Everyone is getting the figure. KG, Giantoy, OSK, etc.

Nothing from TW. February... March... I reach out and ask when they expect stock. "We don't know, COVID has caused shipping delays. Probably end of the month, maybe April."

April rolls around, nothing. Finally the word is out, Kit says all Gametoys shipments have been made and all distributors have their stock. TW is getting a flood of emails from people who pre-ordered Cloud with no update, so they send out an email, "Sorry the figure is delayed, if you want a refund we understand or how about a big coupon! There's shipping delays on getting our stock in, we swear."

By this point the cat's out of the bag. TW never got their stock, there's not going to be any stock because they can't get any because of how well the figure sold. So they're trying to figure out how to kick the can down the road enough to get people off their back.

As was talked about in the FF7 remake thread, they're most likely running a pseudo ponzi scheme. Take the money from one set of pre-orders to fill another business expense, try to re-coup, keep repeating until you get caught with your pants down.

**** TW, shame on Justin's Collection, and do not order from them.

To end on a happier note. Kit from OSK literally made some phone calls and tracked down a figure locally for me. Had it shipped to him to inspect it, then shipped it to me. So everything from here on out I've ordered from him. Cannot recommend him enough. Most of you know that in this thread though.

Here's one straight from a disgruntled CF member because it's still fresh enough to piss me off. I didn't know much about the third party figure market back in 2020 and had watched a few videos from Justin's Collection. Being that he has a pretty big following I went ahead and pre-ordered Gametoys Sephiroth and Cloud in early 2021 from them.

Mid to late 2021 I start seeing things popping up. On here, on the r/hottoys subreddit. People saying they aren't getting their orders. TW sending out private messages to bigger name collectors asking them to hype up how good the TW shipping is in exchange for a kickback (free figure or large store credit kind of kick back). And all of these were with actual screenshots of these exchanges.

End of 2021 rolls around, I'm a little nervous at this point, but I paid off both figures in full prior to seeing these things and they've been sold out everywhere.. So I'm in it at this point either way.

Sephiroth is released but they never email me about him. I email them after 3-4 weeks of seeing people receiving the figure and their customer service basically says, "Oh ****, we forgot to reach out to you.... Yeah, uh, how do you want us to ship it?"

Told them my option, got the shipping details right after. Got the figure pretty fast actually. Okay, weird, but, logistical issues happen. Maybe they just drop the ball a lot and that's not great business but whatever. Not going to buy from them again but we're 1 for 2.

January 2022 rolls around, Cloud comes out. Everyone is getting the figure. KG, Giantoy, OSK, etc.

Nothing from TW. February... March... I reach out and ask when they expect stock. "We don't know, COVID has caused shipping delays. Probably end of the month, maybe April."

April rolls around, nothing. Finally the word is out, Kit says all Gametoys shipments have been made and all distributors have their stock. TW is getting a flood of emails from people who pre-ordered Cloud with no update, so they send out an email, "Sorry the figure is delayed, if you want a refund we understand or how about a big coupon! There's shipping delays on getting our stock in, we swear."

By this point the cat's out of the bag. TW never got their stock, there's not going to be any stock because they can't get any because of how well the figure sold. So they're trying to figure out how to kick the can down the road enough to get people off their back.

As was talked about in the FF7 remake thread, they're most likely running a pseudo ponzi scheme. Take the money from one set of pre-orders to fill another business expense, try to re-coup, keep repeating until you get caught with your pants down.

To end on a happier note. Kit from OSK literally made some phone calls and tracked down a figure locally for me. Had it shipped to him to inspect it, then shipped it to me. So everything from here on out I've ordered from him. Cannot recommend him enough. Most of you know that in this thread though.
Thanks for the info! I ordered a second batch Hot Toys Ashoka from them , I noticed a few weeks later that they have it in stock at the same price I paid for mine before the 15% discount I applied . I asked when I could expect it to ship and they said that because it's a second batch order they are waiting to receive it and it will be between May and July. I am guessing what's in stock though could be the second batch? I then saw a few weeks later that they had a site wide sale with a 15% off coupon and thought I would cancel my preorder and reorder the instock with the coupon and pay the same price. The coupon wouldn't work and supposedly it could be used for Hot Toys since it said nothing about HT being excluded on the coupon. I emailed them and they said it was system problem and they would fix it and never did .

It's a $50 dollar difference between what I have on order and the instock one so canceling and reordering is not an option. Guess I will cancel with them and wait for SS to get thiers.

--

Justin's and TW's credibility is irrevocably tarnished, but there are those within this thread and Collector Freaks (fake/shill accounts for TW, TW loyalists, loyalists of Justin, etc.) who'll dismiss and justify the questionable practices.

--

Justin's and TW's credibility is irrevocably tarnished, but there are those within this thread and Collector Freaks (fake/shill accounts for TW, TW loyalists, loyalists of Justin, etc.) who'll dismiss and justify the questionable practices.
What especially infuriates me, outside of the fact that they basically scammed me out of my money, is that between them and Toys Origin (and others in the past) is that they're big enough in the market that they're ******* up the hobby and the legitimate distributors' way they conduct their business.

What especially infuriates me, outside of the fact that they basically scammed me out of my money, is that between them and Toys Origin (and others in the past) is that they're big enough in the market that they're ******* up the hobby and the legitimate distributors' way they conduct their business.
--

The bottom line is (considering the environment/venue this thread is in) no one cares because of the "it's none of my business because it doesn't affect how and where I get my stuff from" ignorance/mentality.

Fine.

When it does start affecting them, then it becomes a problem.

Again, nothing like experiencing and learning the hard way.

Thanks for the info! I ordered a second batch Hot Toys Ashoka from them , I noticed a few weeks later that they have it in stock at the same price I paid for mine before the 15% discount I applied . I asked when I could expect it to ship and they said that because it's a second batch order they are waiting to receive it and it will be between May and July. I am guessing what's in stock though could be the second batch? I then saw a few weeks later that they had a site wide sale with a 15% off coupon and thought I would cancel my preorder and reorder the instock with the coupon and pay the same price. The coupon wouldn't work and supposedly it could be used for Hot Toys since it said nothing about HT being excluded on the coupon. I emailed them and they said it was system problem and they would fix it and never did .

It's a $50 dollar difference between what I have on order and the instock one so canceling and reordering is not an option. Guess I will cancel with them and wait for SS to get thiers.
Everything you're describing is the type of runaround they're giving their customers. From simple things like coupons to literally not following through on a pre-order. And in the case like mine it was literally to buy time to inevitably screw me over.

Glad you cancelled, it's not worth it and you made the right call. And being on these forums you can talk to guys like Kit if you are trying to get something early.

Everything you're describing is the type of runaround they're giving their customers. From simple things like coupons to literally not following through on a pre-order. And in the case like mine it was literally to buy time to inevitably screw me over.

Glad you cancelled, it's not worth it and you made the right call. And being on these forums you can talk to guys like Kit if you are trying to get something early.
I appreciate it. SS has pulled shady stuff as well but at least I know eventually I will get my order. The next HT Star Wars figure that goes up that I want I will order through Kit.

I appreciate it. SS has pulled shady stuff as well but at least I know eventually I will get my order. The next HT Star Wars figure that goes up that I want I will order through Kit.
--

@Lordscum

You joined the OSK Facebook group or bookmarked his Facebook business page? You also bookmarked his business website onesixthkit.com and registered there too?

That way you're aware of when new pre-order items get announced, etc.

--

@Lordscum

You joined the OSK Facebook group or bookmarked his Facebook business page? You also bookmarked his business website onesixthkit.com and registered there too?

That way you're aware of when new pre-order items get announced, etc.
All of the above! I have stuff ordered through SS that I paid NRD's and used points on but anything from here on out I will give it a go.

Order canceled , hope it doesn't take to long to get my cc credited .
I canceled all my orders with them and got reimbursed for all except for one. Their message was:

We have received your cancellation request, but the payment gateway of PayPal is now under maintenance. This payment gateway will be resumed after the maintenance (might take a month or above).
As we cannot ensure the date of the end of maintenance, you might have an alternative to get the refund soon. Please kindly reply with your choice according to your preference.
1. Full refund in the form of store credit
2. Refund via Bank Transfer (Transferwise)
3. Refund via PayPal and wait until the service resume (> 20 Business Days)
I mean what the heck does that mean?? :):)

Back