Present Toys "Raider Jones" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking for myself only, I think I've got a good $2k put into my "Hero" Indy. And for the most part I am VERY happy with what I've built.
Current Build:
Sculpt: Inigo Gil V2 and V3 (keep going back and forth on which I prefer the most)
Painted by: Silent Surfer [both]
Real Leather "Screen Accurate" Jacket: Hye Hwa/Jagzz
Shirt/Pants/Web Belt: Yunsil
Leather Whip: Joe Strain
Satchel strap/Holster/Leather Belt: MFisher
Body: HT ANH Han Solo with Blitzway Zorro Chest
Satchel: DID
Gloves: DID Hell on Wheels Fury
Aldens: HT DX05

I have three items I have plans to upgrade. Real leather aldens. Diecast/wood Revolver. And a sculpt I'm waiting to be offered. Then I will be hanging Dr. Jones up on the shelf for good. Moving onto other characters.

I know there is another Indy run going right now that's sold out but was running $3K.

So yeah, building the "Pefect Indy" is a journey. And can cost quite a bit when all said and done. 🤠
Which sculpt are you waiting to be offered and which sculpt is sold out at $3k?

I'm not the best painter, but here's my Inigo v3 painted up. I agree it's not the strongest likeness but I think the original sculpt still captures him well enough.

View attachment 573604

View attachment 573600

View attachment 573603
I have a couple questions for you about painting head sculpts? If you don’t mind me asking of course?? What method do you use to paint them? Traditional brush or Air Brush? Presently I use a acrylic paint brush. Last question? How do you paint the mother ¥&!?&@:$ eyes?? It’s been plaguing me ever since I started painting headsculpts 2 years ago! I’ve watched/ read countless tutorials and I always seem to come up short on the quality of detail I am trying to depict. At this point I am highly convinced that most people/ Artists use printed decals for the eyes. Then calling it a day after applying numerous coats of gloss varnish. I’ve tried toothpicks, needles, color pencils, acrylic paints, super tiny brushes for miniatures, magnified jewelers glasses. Etc. is there something I am missing?? A small tool, specific material?? It blows me away how people can make the eyes have a domed see-through Look to them. It looks so real!! Any help/ advice with this is much appreciated!! Thank you for the taking the time to read my questions. I hope to hear from you soon.

I've already ordered some bigger pants in preparation!
... even though Sugo still say their ETA is June.

I've already ordered some bigger pants in preparation!
... even though Sugo still say their ETA is June.
Where did you order the pants and how much if you don't mind me asking? I am using my SS pants on my current Indy custom which are good but hard to come by now. I want to upgrade to bigger pants as well on this one . I ordered from Sugo as well and found it a bit odd that it would say June as well since it's third party figure . I wonder if they are just saying that to give them some leeway because of current conditions .

I am getting ready to order a custom whip as well.

I'm getting the antiquated Sideshow Indy from storage and see if I have enough components to create/salvage a more worthwhile Indy using the Present Toys Indy provided I'm satisfied "as is" with it upon receipt.

I have a couple questions for you about painting head sculpts? If you don’t mind me asking of course?? What method do you use to paint them? Traditional brush or Air Brush? Presently I use a acrylic paint brush. Last question? How do you paint the mother ¥&!?&@:$ eyes?? It’s been plaguing me ever since I started painting headsculpts 2 years ago! I’ve watched/ read countless tutorials and I always seem to come up short on the quality of detail I am trying to depict. At this point I am highly convinced that most people/ Artists use printed decals for the eyes. Then calling it a day after applying numerous coats of gloss varnish. I’ve tried toothpicks, needles, color pencils, acrylic paints, super tiny brushes for miniatures, magnified jewelers glasses. Etc. is there something I am missing?? A small tool, specific material?? It blows me away how people can make the eyes have a domed see-through Look to them. It looks so real!! Any help/ advice with this is much appreciated!! Thank you for the taking the time to read my questions. I hope to hear from you soon.
I just use a brush. Start with the base color and then a slightly darker/browner color for shading around the eyes, cheeks etc. Then apply some thin washes to blend it together and make it more translucent. For the eyes I use a small detail brush and wear some magnifiers to get as close as possible.

Let me know if you decide you don't like it.
--

I'm waiting for offers telling they'll pay me this much to "not like it".

;) :p

I joke. I have zero expectations asides from receiving it. I want to see it in hand so I can determine all the drama that transpired is credible or it was hyped.

If I were displaying this as my Indy, my mods right off the bat would be swap the pants, get a new gun belt and holster, remove the liner from the jacket, crease the jacket sleeves, weather the crap out of everything and futz, futz, futz. I want to see this figure after those mods.

If I were displaying this as my Indy, my mods right off the bat would be swap the pants, get a new gun belt and holster, remove the liner from the jacket, crease the jacket sleeves, weather the crap out of everything and futz, futz, futz. I want to see this figure after those mods.

You like that whip?

--

I'm mod-challenged/impaired so I'm SOL based on your specifications.

The figure is like spending $160.00 USD and in the end with replacing, upgrades, etc., the $160.00 spent only retains probably $10.00 of its original components and probably $250.00 USD and up in terms of replacements and upgrades where you're only able to get about $150.00 tops on eBay and/or in the FS/WTB section within Collector Freaks from thrifty buyers who'll still pay way more for a MIB/NRFB Present Toys Indy because they "missed out" and don't want to be left out.

Where did you order the pants and how much if you don't mind me asking? I am using my SS pants on my current Indy custom which are good but hard to come by now. I want to upgrade to bigger pants as well on this one . I ordered from Sugo as well and found it a bit odd that it would say June as well since it's third party figure . I wonder if they are just saying that to give them some leeway because of current conditions .

I am getting ready to order a custom whip as well.
I just grabbed these, US$10 from a local seller on ebay. They looked serviceable, but who knows.

1651129452065.png

Were listed as "Soldier Story WWII US Soldier Dress Trousers" if that helps.

Yeah, might be Sugo just being tentative with closer dates due to all the shipping delays going on.

Good luck! Looking forward to seeing some whip custom options.

I'm waiting for Beastmaster to offer his. The $3k one is by Mina Yu, but that price is for a full figure run. Sculpt is only available for that run.

Beastmaster..... Beastmaster... now that's a name I've not heard in.. oh.. a long time.. a long time..

Is he even still active!? I know his sculpt was good, but, I don't think he ever intended it to be cast and released.

Beastmaster..... Beastmaster... now that's a name I've not heard in.. oh.. a long time.. a long time..

Is he even still active!? I know his sculpt was good, but, I don't think he ever intended it to be cast and released.
Yes, very much so. He's releasing Leon and Mathilda now. He's also doing a Mad Max (Mel).

Back