Present Toys "Raider Jones" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a couple of questions or considerations to those who have mentioned the “short sleeves” on the leather jacket. Maybe you guys who spend $ 400 + for micro tailored clothes have a better eye and understanding of this than I.
Is it possible that the sleeves on the shirt are too long rather than the sleeves on the jacket being to short ?
Is anyone familiar with the body that PT is using ?
Is it possible the arms on the body are a bit long ?
Is it possible the jacket arms are bunching up and appearing short ?

Many (most) people seem to want to break down this figure and use various parts on other existing figures and body’s

Is it likely the jacket would look more fitted on a body with narrower shoulders ?

IMHO I think the head appears to look a little low on the neck. And looks a little odd in relation to the jacket collar . I’m thinking that would be adjustable, futzable ,workable whatever. Hey — we all like to futz with our figure projects.

Some want to call this a ”mediocre” figure.
IMHO ( I don’t have in hand to inspect) this figure has a GREAT deal of Bang for Buck.

Two exceptional heads (yeah — I know)
+ a leather jackets. For $ 150 - $ 200 ?
Everything else looks fine and useable. Im sure you all have or can find some baggier pants.
Certainly not a perfect Indy fig from the pics I have seen but for what I paid, just over £100 I cant really complain. A custom Indy Holster would probably cost me £50 alone.
I only really bought this fig for the Indy sculpt, in the hope it would be an improvement on my DX05 and it certainly looks a lot better then the HT Indy.
Ideally I would of liked a custom Indy sculpt but the you're talking many £££.

This thing is gonna be a train wreck in hand.

Everything already looks off and cheap in the “best” photos.
Yeah I keep going back and forth on whether this looks worth picking up or not. I initially thought it might be a good base for a custom, but now after seeing those short jacket sleeves I'm not so sure, especially when you combine it with all the other issues that need correcting.

Yea there's definitely a couple ways to looking at this.

1. Looks awful. Only seeing the flaws and not worth the effort required to make it work (especially if you've already got a custom) nor good enough to take shelf space.
  2. Good enough for the painted sculpts alone. everything else is just a bonus and could be sold off to recoup some cost.
  3. Good base with lots to work with.
  4. A decent Indy on the shelf, especially for those that don't know/care about all the ins and outs of accuracy and don't want to spend the money on the DX05, SS TOD Indy or going the custom route.
I'm in the 1 and 2 camp myself.

A couple mods I plan on doing to the costume just for fun even though I have my own custom:
  • Add metal button studs and magnets to the whip loop so that it closes accurately
  • Add metal belt keeper to gun belt.
  • Use leather paint on the holster to be more brown and add metal button stud to the closure.
  • Undo hem stitch at the bottom of the pants to make an invisible hem. Depending on how much extra fabric there is along the inside of the inseam, I may unstitch and re-do the inseam as much as possible to get a slightly baggier look on the pants.
  • Weather the jacket and put a bit of a matter finish on it to bring down the "brand new" shine it has. See what the seam at the wrists looks like to see if I can make the sleeves a bit longer.
  • Put a more accurate buckle on the bag strap. Maybe replace the black snap with two smaller clear ones or magnets.
  • Weather the boots some

Funny. In such a short period of time, people have gone from hype, rage, and now picking apart every detail.

The best will be looking back on this figure a year from now, at the height of the Indy 5 hype... with the other options that will inevitably be presented in the next year.

What is the “perfect Indy” ? I’ve seen a couple that are close … but …
It seems to me you guys who can afford $ 150 per head (unpainted ) + $ 100 and six month wait on a paint job + $ 400 jacket and $ 100 whip are still never really satisfied. Your always updating and upgrading and “weathering “ and “distressing” and “swapping out” bodies. There are going to be some folks that are going to be quite happy with this straight out of the box. There are going to be others who will break it down and divide it and Kit bash amongst several projects. And there are others ( mark my words) who will part it out and sell the heads for 60 - 100 USD and the jacket for 100 USD on e-bay .

I have a SST Indy that to me is useless and was never worth the $ 90 it cost.
I have a DX-5 that I was quite happy to spend $ 250 for. Never had a problem with the head sculpt likeness . —- Until I saw some of the custom sculpts recently. And then was horrified to recently find that the belt, holster and satchel strap had essentially disintegrated. ( fingers crossed for jacket and whip) . NOT what should happen to $ 250 item.

The best will be looking back on this figure a year from now, at the height of the Indy 5 hype... with the other options that will inevitably be presented in the next year.
Hate to say I don’t really expect much from an 80 year old Indy’s activity in 1969 ( with or without Spielberg ).

Hate to say I don’t really expect much from an 80 year old Indy’s activity in 1969 ( with or without Spielberg ).
You obviously didn’t hear the interview with Mads Mikkelson who said they finished a night shoot at 5am and Ford then went on a 50km bike ride.

I aspire to be 79 year old Ford.

A new Indy movie hopefully means new merch from the old films. If the rumored plot for Indy 5 is true then I don't have much hope for it.

You obviously didn’t hear the interview with Mads Mikkelson who said they finished a night shoot at 5am and Ford then went on a 50km bike ride.

I aspire to be 79 year old Ford.
Sorry to hear I had not heard that from Madds.
It makes may make me feel differently about a franchise that took 19 year between chapter 3 and 4 and another 14 years between chapter 4 and 5 and will give me an 80 year old Indy in a time period that Dr. Jones is unaccustomed to.
I really would to see something that does the franchise and character well. But Crystal Skull didn’t do it very week an I just can’t imagine that this will.
LOVED the original three. And I guess the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles served tweens and young teens well.
Crystal Skull was not completely terrible. But i can’t consider it in league with the original three. To me it was like one of those tv show reunion specials.

It seems to me you guys who can afford $ 150 per head (unpainted ) + $ 100 and six month wait on a paint job + $ 400 jacket and $ 100 whip are still never really satisfied. Your always updating and upgrading and “weathering “ and “distressing” and “swapping out” bodies.
Speaking for myself only, I think I've got a good $2k put into my "Hero" Indy. And for the most part I am VERY happy with what I've built.
Current Build:
Sculpt: Inigo Gil V2 and V3 (keep going back and forth on which I prefer the most)
Painted by: Silent Surfer [both]
Real Leather "Screen Accurate" Jacket: Hye Hwa/Jagzz
Shirt/Pants/Web Belt: Yunsil
Leather Whip: Joe Strain
Satchel strap/Holster/Leather Belt: MFisher
Body: HT ANH Han Solo with Blitzway Zorro Chest
Satchel: DID
Gloves: DID Hell on Wheels Fury
Aldens: HT DX05

I have three items I have plans to upgrade. Real leather aldens. Diecast/wood Revolver. And a sculpt I'm waiting to be offered. Then I will be hanging Dr. Jones up on the shelf for good. Moving onto other characters.

I know there is another Indy run going right now that's sold out but was running $3K.

So yeah, building the "Pefect Indy" is a journey. And can cost quite a bit when all said and done. 🤠

It seems to me you guys who can afford $ 150 per head (unpainted ) + $ 100 and six month wait on a paint job + $ 400 jacket and $ 100 whip are still never really satisfied. Your always updating and upgrading and “weathering “ and “distressing” and “swapping out” bodies. There are going to be some folks that are going to be quite happy with this straight out of the box. There are going to be others who will break it down and divide it and Kit bash amongst several projects. And there are others ( mark my words) who will part it out and sell the heads for 60 - 100 USD and the jacket for 100 USD on e-bay .
I think it all comes down to a combination of how much the character means to you along with how much disposable income you have. Any higher quality custom project is going to cost a good sum of money.

Indy and TDK Joker seem to be the main ones that have regular clothing and headsculpts runs as their are always folks chasing their perfect version of those characters.

I think for me, I’ll be finished with my Raiders Indy with the headsculpts from this Present Toys set and maybe a custom whip. it won't be as accurate as what some of these other guys have (like @Rzeznikk super accurate ones), but it'll be enough for me. It all varies person to person on what is "enough" for them and how they collect.

Fortunately for newer collectors AND ppl who were/are new to wanting a nicer Indy than what's been mass produced (like myself), we didn't have to go through the custom growing pains other collectors have had to in the earlier days. Nowadays, you can get a pretty great looking custom Indy that won't look outdated for years, if ever at all.

Last edited:
Back