PREDATOR / A L I E N Collections: Pics & General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: PREDATOR / A L I E N Collections

Congrats OM1D! How do you like unmasked P2 portrait??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there is a "special walmart edition" A1 or something like that. he's much better than regular A1 :) (paint scheme-wise) basically it's an A1 in Isolation colors - as it should be from the beginning.
i'm sure you'll like him over almost plain black regular A1.
I'm fairly certain that's the one I have. The other one's not boxed, rather clamshell. Any NECA Alien experts here that can confirm?

Congrats OM1D! How do you like unmasked P2 portrait??
Thanks my man. I love it. Can't believe it took me so long to get it. Glad I did. Man, I wish they'd make more 1/4 Preds.

Show off the new biomask bro
Still haven't put it on yet (the HT display case is dust-proofed and a project in and by itself). But I have some shots of it next to a custom Thanee mask (bought for Shadow) that arrived the same day. Can post that for now.

I'm fairly certain that's the one I have. The other one's not boxed, rather clamshell. Any NECA Alien experts here that can confirm?

Thanks my man. I love it. Can't believe it took me so long to get it. Glad I did. Man, I wish they'd make more 1/4 Preds.

Still haven't put it on yet (the HT display case is dust-proofed and a project in and by itself). But I have some shots of it next to a custom Thanee mask (bought for Shadow) that arrived the same day. Can post that for now.

Pm me on Facebook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm fairly certain that's the one I have. The other one's not boxed, rather clamshell.
oh yes, now i remember that too. yep you have a better one :)

Very nice! especially the 2nd HT pic. Maybe get some laser effects in there as well.

Very nice! especially the 2nd HT pic. Maybe get some laser effects in there as well.

Thanks man. Yeah, one of these days I'll have to activate their lasers and see if they even work.

they look super good against black.
hell, why didn't i think about replacing that cat-faced-helmet predaturd with an "ancient" variant to complete the trio. wonderful idea, and his helmet is more interesting anyway.

they look super good against black.
hell, why didn't i think about replacing that cat-faced-helmet predaturd with an "ancient" variant to complete the trio. wonderful idea, and his helmet is more interesting anyway.

Thanks broski.
Haha, are you referring to Chopper? Yeah, his mask is IMO maybe the worst of them all, across all films. Coupled with the facts that he was so weak in the film, and Ancient's mask pretty awesome, it was easy to skip Chopper, both in Hot Toys and NECA.

Haha, are you referring to Chopper?
yeah i totally forgot his name. and i wanted to finish the trio. nowadays i don't want to spend money on HT or AVP at all, so i totally missed the opportunity because i didn't get that wonderful idea to do what you did there.

nowadays i don't want to spend money on HT or AVP at all

How come? Should you change your mind, there are Ancient 2.0's out there still, and with the extra mask you can turn him into the Temple Guard too. Probably the best AvP figure, alongside Celtic 2.0.

What figures/makers are you into these days?

What figures/makers are you into these days?
the only things i bought after Neca TMNT were HT Robocops. 2 spare clean bodies and one full BD figure.
soooo it looks like i'm not buying anything for some time. but definitely not HT. **** their prices, inaccuracies and those gerontophilic retarded star wars/marvel licenses.

the only things i bought after Neca TMNT were HT Robocops. 2 spare clean bodies and one full BD figure.
soooo it looks like i'm not buying anything for some time. but definitely not HT. **** their prices, inaccuracies and those gerontophilic retarded star wars/marvel licenses.

I'mright there with you P.

I'm with y'all too, I think. Got into this hobby way too late but have caught up now. That's about it from Hot Toys, until Wolf 2.0 arrives.

Although I did give in and bought the DeLorean, ED and RoboCop last year. Might get an Endoskeleton too, but am not sure the Genisys one suffices. Feels like another Classic Predator bash situation, so might just have to bide my time and hope.

NECA wise I still pick up the occasional Alien and Predator here and there when opportunity knocks.

Damn, those are some great pictures! I especially like the ones under the various lighting on the previous page.

Just a quick question for you guys with your Pred figures: when you display them with the bio masks on, do you usually take out the mandible attachments all together, or do you leave the closed mandible attachments in?

Just a quick question for you guys with your Pred figures: when you display them with the bio masks on, do you usually take out the mandible attachments all together, or do you leave the closed mandible attachments in?

I think for all the Preds made after Berserker, you have to remove the mandible and lower jaw pieces by design. The inside of the mask is fitted with a piece that inserts into the empty holes.

My modest Pred collection/shelf:

image.jpg

Recently picked up a used stock EX JH for $250. The only thing missing is the bone necklace, which isn't a big deal to me considering used ones generally seem to be in the mid 300s. Other than requiring intricate dusting off with compressed air, everything seems to be in good shape. Well with the exception of the wire on the BD bio mask. While attempting to disconnect it from the insert in the back to just to see if the laser sight still worked out of curiosity, I ripped out the cord from the white plug. No big deal though, as I don't use electronics on my figures anyway and keep the compartments battery free.

I really wanted this one in my collection and I've pretty much given up on HT doing a 2.0 version and even if they did, I think I'd still be happy with this guy as I personally never thought JH is actually all that bad for an early figure; certainly not as lackluster as the CH 1.0. It's actually a pretty good figure. My only gripe is the snout of the bio mask protrudes out a bit more than I'd like at his mandibles and jaws, even though it's pressed on there as far as it'll go.

I'm probably going to work on acquiring a 2.0 CH next.

That's nice man. So you prefer the original Jungle Hunter over Classic? It'd be cool to see some side by side shots. I totally agree with the JH head being better though. I know at least one guy here have put the JH head on the Classic body, alongside all the bone trophies. Could be worth a try if you want to streamline them.

Ooh, and City Hunter 2.0 is a great next choice. I'd recommend a custom mask though, over HT's horrible stock version. With a proper mask it's one of the best HT Predators to date, IMO.

Back