PREDATOR / A L I E N Collections: Pics & General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They really are indeed (bulky). I watched AvP again as well a couple of weeks ago and I forgot how roided out those three were. And like you said, they have quite the large mass of dreads to them. They also looked really smooth and shiny.

Also out of curiosity, has anyone ever had any issues displaying their Predator figures on the glass upper shelves of a standard IKEA detolf? I’ve always kept mine at the very bottom because the weight of the figures, especially if they’re on a dio base, kind of seemed a bit heavy for the glass, but I’m wanting to change things up in my display and move them to higher shelves for once.

Still great figures though. Umpteen times better than the old McFarlane ones. I wish the KPH Predators were made this big.

They really are indeed (bulky). I watched AvP again as well a couple of weeks ago and I forgot how roided out those three were. And like you said, they have quite the large mass of dreads to them. They also looked really smooth and shiny.

Also out of curiosity, has anyone ever had any issues displaying their Predator figures on the glass upper shelves of a standard IKEA detolf? I’ve always kept mine at the very bottom because the weight of the figures, especially if they’re on a dio base, kind of seemed a bit heavy for the glass, but I’m wanting to change things up in my display and move them to higher shelves for once.

Never had an issue with that. Had Classic and Celtic 2.0 on the same shelf for well over a year together.

Anyway...

To actually talk about what the title of this thread is, I have Scar 2.0 and P2 Elder 2.0 arriving this week. That puts my Pred film collection at:

- Jungle Hunter (MMS90)
- City Hunter 2.0
- P2 Elder 2.0
- Scar 2.0
- Berserker
- Classic

Just waiting for Wolf and that should about do it. Aside from potentially the main Pred from the new film and I’d actually like to get a Celtic 2.0, but he’s a bit out of my price range. I consider myself lucky to get Scar at the price I did. Will take a pic of my collection once I receive Scar and Elder.

If you get the chance get the Celtic as well. Dudes a tank of a figure and with the double bio masks and removeable chest armour you get a couple different display options.

Keep an eye on Craigslist. I got mine for $200 from a jilted exwife and payed I think $200 for him.

has anyone ever had any issues displaying their Predator figures on the glass upper shelves of a standard IKEA detolf?
Not once. And I had them in a Detolf for over a year in the following setup: highest shelf 1, two middle shelves 3 each, and bottom wooden base 1 to 3 figures. Zero problems. The very first post of this thread shows the setup from those days. Should be fine.

If you get the chance get the Celtic as well. Dudes a tank of a figure and with the double bio masks and removeable chest armour you get a couple different display options.

Keep an eye on Craigslist. I got mine for $200 from a jilted exwife and payed I think $200 for him.

Damn, great price for him. I only see him in the upper 300's on eBay.

He looks like a great figure, but he's a maybe figure for me. The main one I wanted to get to represent AvP was Scar, since he's the main Predator in the film. If I can snare Celtic as well, cool. If not, I still feel like my Predator display is sufficient for what I want at the minimum.

Never had an issue with that. Had Classic and Celtic 2.0 on the same shelf for well over a year together.

Not once. And I had them in a Detolf for over a year in the following setup: highest shelf 1, two middle shelves 3 each, and bottom wooden base 1 to 3 figures. Zero problems. The very first post of this thread shows the setup from those days. Should be fine.

Cool, thanks for the feedback. :duff

I've always had my Predators on the bottom wooden shelf due to the weight as mentioned, but I figured it's time to do some rearranging and put them at eye level now that there's more of them, giving them some of the spotlight. Good to know that putting them on the upper shelves won't be an issue. I'm thinking I'll put JH, CH and Elder on one shelf, and then Berserker, Classic and Scar on one.

..... _20180204_114851.JPG_20180204_115217.JPG_20180204_114812.JPG_20180204_114737.JPG_20180204_115454.JPG

Verstuurd vanaf mijn G3121 met Tapatalk

Wow see some great collections on here! I'm not a continue getting them kind of guy just a one and and done type and add accessories. I have a HTs Ancient that I'm pleased with as it's the best hybrid of classic and new predator design. Hope to have pics soon enough. The new Wolf is coming with a lot of material but would prefer tri laser light too and close mandibles maybe that will be a non mentioned addon piece just like Civil War Iron Man's battledamaged chestplate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome collections!

I like how you have the Facehugger in Scar's hand also. I'm contemplating on picking up a 1/6 baby Xenomorph to put in my Scar's hand.

Awesome collections!

I like how you have the Facehugger in Scar's hand also. I'm contemplating on picking up a 1/6 baby Xenomorph to put in my Scar's hand.

It proper to the movie but Neca’s Queen facehugger was a good standin while I had it.

Just a few quick images of my current Pred collection after the addition of Scar and P2 Elder. All the poses on mine (sans Scar) are based on a pose from a screen grab straight out of their respective films:

CC5CD4D5-46CF-4C2D-87CB-8FAF87DD0CD6.jpg
9B0CB96F-B1DC-4C69-8339-FE5921653D8D.jpg
6369470E-098E-49AD-83EF-E2235E03D635.jpg
F738FC2B-0AC2-4F6B-86BE-B4CCFF0EAAF3.jpg

Just waiting for Wolf and my Xenomorph larvae for Scar to catch, and I’d be content with my Pred collection as far as the must haves for me; anything else would just be an extra. Berserker is unfortunately a bit obscured in the back by Scar, as due to the size of my overall collection and quickly dwindling space, literally each inch must be utilized. Scar’s massive size also doesn’t help. :lol

Looks great indeed. And I really like the concept of mimicking frames from the films for posing.

I'm trying to ignore that Machiquita... If you moved her elsewhere, you could have two solid, centred trios in both Detolfs.

May I ask why you're not using the fisted or open hands on Scar? Think that could look even more imposing than the empty grip hands.

Either way, awesome stuff, mate.

PS. If you ever wish to expand, I'd recommend Tracker, Celtic or Shadow next. These things are like tattoos.

Looks great indeed. And I really like the concept of mimicking frames from the films for posing.

I'm trying to ignore that Machiquita... If you moved her elsewhere, you could have two solid, centred trios in both Detolfs.

May I ask why you're not using the fisted or open hands on Scar? Think that could look even more imposing than the empty grip hands.

Either way, awesome stuff, mate.

PS. If you ever wish to expand, I'd recommend Tracker, Celtic or Shadow next. These things are like tattoos.

Thanks! :duff

I like the Machiko myself. It's not from any film and is from the AvP comics (which I couldn't care less about), but I thought it was a cool design. Perhaps one day I'll unload it, but for now, I like it. Honestly, the JH bothers me more than her. It's a cool figure, but I liked it more when I first got it. You can tell it definitely needs an upgrade when posed next to the other figures, especially the body. It works for now though. Like many figures, it has its pros and cons. The main pros I think are the sculpt and the armor, while the main cons are the body and the bio-mask.

I like to find screen shots and pose my figures based on those, and is a pose that I consider "safe" in the sense that nothing on the figure is really under any stress, while at the same time also being a pose that represents the character relatively well from that particular film. I like to use screen shots as references that way I know it's a natural pose because the character actually struck that pose in the film.

Those hands on Scar are temporary until I get the Chestburster. I hope to be able to fit it into the left hand that's meant for holding the dagger, being that's the hand he caught it in, but if not, I'll just put it in the right hand meant for holding the combi-stick. Once I determine which of those two hands is going to be the one holding the Chestburster, I'll probably use the fisted hand (over the open hand) on the other arm that's free. In other words: Scar's pose isn't final. :lol

Yeah, I really like the mirroring screenshots for posing concept. As for the hands, makes sense.

Nice collection and great display cabinet to boot. Your subtle yet imposing poses are some of the better I've seen with NECA's 1/4 stuff. Which begs the question; where's that masked City Hunter?

Started collecting in 2008. From Mcfarlane, NECA, Hot Toys to books. Decided to sell most of them and keep what I like the most. Here's a look at my past and present small collection of Alien, Predator, Robocop & Terminator collectibles.

Last edited:
Link seems to be down, mate. Looking forward to seeing it once fixed. Also, a big thanks for the numerous rubber treatment tips & videos you've provided to this forum in the past.

Back