PREDATOR / A L I E N Collections: Pics & General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: PREDATOR / A L I E N Collections

Thanks, man.

Yeah, I'd say I prefer the JH in lieu of Classic if I had to pick one. Both have their pros and their cons, but if I had to pick one, I'd probably go with the JH. The classic has better paint apps on the body and a better body in general (in the sense that it's slightly beefier), but height wise they kind of appear to be relatively the same on a cursory glance. However, the JH has a better sculpt and more accurate JH Pred dreads by being more flared out and having the brighter gold dread bands and I think the weathering on a lot of the armor pieces and the plasmacaster, and the detail in them is better on the JH than on the Classic. My biggest gripe with the JH is he has sort of a bobble head effect going on because the snout of the bio mask protrudes out a bit too much. Apparently starting with Classic from what was mentioned in this thread, Predator figures started having the white inserts on the inside of the bio mask that fit into the slots where the mandibles are supposed to fit into, that helped give the bio mask a better and more snug fit. All figures prior to that, you just simply pressed it over the face. The net on the Classic is also black while the net on the JH is a dark brown. Not sure if that's accurate though, as it looked black in the film, but that could simply be because of the coloration in the film.

I know many people with the Classic simply converted it into a JH, but I was always of the mindset that if I wanted a JH, I'd simply just get the JH figure as I never thought it was all that bad of a figure in the first place. It has its flaws, but not bad at all for an early figure. It still holds its own with my Berserker and Classic, and arguably looks the most striking of the three; probably in part because it has more accessories on it. Plus, I want to keep my Classic accurate to the Preadtors film, to pair with my Berserker to represent the film.

I'll get some side by side comparison photos soon.

Wasnt there a guy on here that did custom city hunter bios? Im in the market for one.

As far as I know, Taylerdurdem (TD) and Danoscustoms are the only ones to make them for the HT City Hunter 2.0. And for NECA's 1/4 scaler, Alice is cooking something that looks as promising as TD's masterpiece.

Hey guys just wanted to share my custom 7" Jungle Hunter I did for a client. If you are on Facebook and want to follow me just search Pabs Customs. All work is commision based too.
ba96f1c24120746237de4be9fe747762.jpg
aaa67ec9419f8eae55a40acf97af3c5b.jpg

Sent from my LEX626 using Tapatalk

i should finally organise/clean my shelves and display those three.
i guess their pleather straps are long rotten by now.

im surprised, you have the predaturds. lolz:lol

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

SS17, thanks man. Should you ever remotely consider getting another trio Predator, I can definitely recommend getting these ahead of the AvP's.

SS17, thanks man. Should you ever remotely consider getting another trio Predator, I can definitely recommend getting these ahead of the AvP's.

If I were to complete a Pred triumvirate, it would definitely be the Super Predators.

Similar to how I noticed Celtic was the alpha by noticing that he was the one giving the others directions in the scene when they found their plasmacasters were missing when I rewatched the film, I also noticed again how disappointingly quick Chopper and Celtic were dispatched of. :lol

Neither of them had moves like this:

29671i2B57C1D4A939D43F

Are you really? ...I don’t think you are ‘allowed’ to complain that much if you haven’t actually seen them in hand [emoji6]

i actually had berzerturd. lolz
after the factory shrinkage and the shat, that was the only selling point for me. took him off the shelf and sold him out of spite.

in this hobby, no point keeping something if it just pisses you off.:lol

i actually had berzerturd. lolz
after the factory shrinkage and the shat, that was the only selling point for me. took him off the shelf and sold him out of spite.

in this hobby, no point keeping something if it just pisses you off.:lol

Yeah, no need to keep something that pisses you off. I have kept all mine, despite the flaws, I guess I’m a bit more zen than you [emoji23]

If I were to complete a Pred triumvirate, it would definitely be the Super Predators.

Similar to how I noticed Celtic was the alpha by noticing that he was the one giving the others directions in the scene when they found their plasmacasters were missing when I rewatched the film, I also noticed again how disappointingly quick Chopper and Celtic were dispatched of. :lol

Neither of them had moves like this:

29671i2B57C1D4A939D43F

Almost immediately ruined by him getting facehugged, then waking up and somehow not even realizing what had just happened to him.

Almost immediately ruined by him getting facehugged, then waking up and somehow not even realizing what had just happened to him.

:exactly:

He essentially met his demise in that scene, not when the Queen stabbed him.

He essentially met his demise in that scene, not when the Queen stabbed him.
Wow. By the end of that queen Xeno fight you forget to realize he was fooked long ago. Time to remove Scar from my 'killed by superior opponent' list, leaving only Wolf there.

Killed by classic Predator arrogance: Jungle Hunter, City Hunter, Tracker, Celtic

Killed by inferior opponent: Falconer, Berserker, Chopper, Scar

Killed by superior opponent: Wolf [Classic and Bone Grill, if we're extending to extras]

Wow. By the end of that queen Xeno fight you forget to realize he was fooked long ago. Time to remove Scar from my 'killed by superior opponent' list, leaving only Wolf there.

Killed by classic Predator arrogance: Jungle Hunter, City Hunter, Tracker, Celtic

Killed by inferior opponent: Falconer, Berserker, Chopper, Scar

Killed by superior opponent: Wolf [Classic and Bone Grill, if we're extending to extras]

Wolf’s also the only one on the list of “killed superior opponent”. :lecture

Even though it was a stalemate, I like to think that Wolf was more the victor in that fight since the PredAlien was the superior opponent, Wolf knew this, yet still took it on and was the first of the two combatants to deliver a fatal blow to the other. Tearing off its jaw and giving it an uppercut through its head with his wrist blade, that’s ****ing hardcore. :lol

Back